“Attending Navy Reunion for USS Hancock”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #11 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Nice hotel and great morning buffet in the restaurant. The rooms were nice. We don't know why, but we were put in a wheelchair accessible room which we didn't need. Guess the hotel was that crowded. Had to ask for water glasses every day except the last one as they only gave us one glass every day. Also had to ask for towels as we were never given the same each day. Had a problem with teenagers one night as they held their prom at the hotel. Loud crowd of underage drinkers. Had to call security twice to get the kids to quiet down. I don't know how or why kids get hotel rooms. Also opened our door once to see a young lady walking down our hall with a bottle of beer in her hand. Had to also ask a group of kids who were outside our room to quiet down. Security was great though, but wish they wouldn't allow underage kids to have rooms in the hotels. They honestly don't think of others in the hotel!! The hotel management did send up a nice bottle of wine, some fruit, cheese and crackers to our room the next morning, but our room had not been cleaned that morning and so we came back to a lovely gift in a dirty room at 2:00 p.m.. Not so great, but it was a nice gesture and we tried to thank them at the front desk, but the gal at the desk just looked at me with a blank look. Too many groups at the hotel at the same time. Other than a few blips on the radar it was a nice hotel in a nice location on the St. Johns River. Our group had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor, but any of the upper floors would work. Ask for a room with a river view...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are so pleased your enjoyed all aspects of our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you will come back to Jacksonville in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and check in and out went very smooth and we where asked if we wanted and river view at check in and was an amazing view. The room service breakfast was very much on time and delicious. The hotel was worth the price and parking was not bad either and overall very close to the event.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel was clean but very expensive and no continental breakfast. Also it is a big hotel and you have to walk for days to get to the soda machines which have no water in them but you can always buy the 4$ warm water in the room? No refrigerator or anything. Hotel is convenient for the landing and to get to riverboat for Rockville which is why I stayed but next time I will look elsewhere. Also I guess this is a Florida thing but I am not used to paying to park when I pay like 200$ a night for a crappy room and 40$ extra for a smoking room.

Room Tip: smoking rooms do not have the sliding glass door so choose non smoking unless you must smoke in your...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear April H,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront during ‘Welcome to Rockville.’ This event brings in customers from all over. We appreciate your business and hope you will think twice before staying elsewhere during this special event.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I confess I’m somewhat amazed that this is such a popular conference hotel. I attended a roughly 500-person conference at this hotel in February, 2014. There were at least two other conferences taking place simultaneously at the hotel while I was there. The room was fine: clean and comfortable, although I was surprised at the limited television channels. The fitness center was well-equipped, although also quite busy every time I used it.

But for a hotel this size, and which makes its bank hosting conferences, the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville was a major disappointment:

First, the food selection was awful. A massive conference hotel with multiple restaurants inside, but all of two vegetarian options for dinner (one of which was a Caesar Salad). Even their soups are made with chicken broth. Why? A large and growing number of Americans are vegetarians, and we want to be able to eat responsibly (and healthily) while we travel. This should not be too much to ask.

Second, the hotel was incapable of catering to so many conferences at one time. During peak conference hours, the elevators were literally overflowing. People would ride them down and then up again (or up and then down again) just because it was impossible to get one. The doors would open on the first or second floor, and the elevator would be completely full – and no one would get off. If the hotel does not have the capacity to host so many conference-goers at once, then they shouldn’t have so many conferences at once!

Finally, and this was really inexcusable, when I attempted to use the business center at around 9pm, I found that the door was locked and my room key would not unlock it. A trip down to the desk, and I was told that someone would be shortly up to help me. When that person arrived, his key did not work either. I was asked to wait again while they fetched another key… Long story short, after about 20 minutes, it turned out that NO ONE had a key that could open the business center. Printing my presentation notes became a major ordeal. How can this be a conference hotel??

Conference-goers don’t generally have the option as to where their conferences will be hosted. Conference-planners do, though, and I hope that conference planners will read this review. I would likely find an alternative hotel to stay at, should I be attending another conference that was held at this Hyatt Regency.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dani W

Dear Dani W.,
Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding your stay. We appreciate you feedback. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please contact me directly.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Loved the location. I went to visit family and had never been to Jacksonville. I had a great view of the river and city. I wish I could remember the name of the girl that checked me in to say thank you. The valet and bell staff were also very nice to my father when he had to wait for me to get ready. Hyatt's are always nice but the staff at this one is great.

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I recently celebrated my birthday at this hotel and had a fabulous time. We purchased the romance package. Everything from the strawberries, champagne and view of the bridge was nothing short of amazing. I would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Request view of the bridge.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Al4luv,

Happy belated birthday! I’m happy you were able to celebrate your special day while staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We arrived at the hotel with a warm and friendly greeting from the employees. There are several restaurants in this hotel and a bar to quench your thirst and hunger. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The hotel staff were always willing to assist. I did not like the fact that internet service was not free in all rooms. All said I really enjoyed the nearby area known as the Landings, there are many shops and places to eat. You will find everything needed for a relaxing stay while at the Hyatt

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends