“A good choice and also convenient”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #10 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed for four nights, had a riverfront room and had no complaints. Room service breakfast was typical hotel fare with prices to match. Service was fast and the elevators were too, a plus in a hotel this size. Air conditioning/heating system (and we used both) were very good. We found housekeeping to be quite good, just leave a note if you need anything at all. We would stay here again when we plan to to be Jacksonville.

Room Tip: If you want it quiet get a room on a higher floor toward the end of a hallway.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear HenryGreenHills,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your kind words and hope your travel plans bring you back to Jacksonville soon.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I've stayed in every hotel in downtown Jacksonville and this one is easily my favorite. Rooms are comfortable, service is excellent and room rates and specials on weekends make it very affordable. The location along the river can't be beat. It's near The Landing, two blocks from Florida Theatre and Dos Gatos (the best Jacksonville bar) and walkable to the football and minor league baseball stadiums. The views from the high river view floors are stunning, and they have sliding doors to let the fresh air in. I love the rooftop pool, especially when the bar's open on a hot summer evening.

Room Tip: As for a high, riverview room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Bsfarrington,

Thank you for making Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront your preferred hotel in Jacksonville. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience. At Hyatt we take great pride in delivering authentic hospitality and based on your review, it has paid off. Thank you again for your continued loyalty.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Our entire experience here has been great! The valet was kind, Jordan was pleasant at the front desk. Bobby from guest services took care of several things for me.
I had ordered on Priceline so everything was already taken care of, but when I asked if I could get the highest room with a river view, it was done immediately with a complimentary upgrade. We will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: January 2014

Dear SalindaHowell,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your warm comments regarding our associates. I am also glad we were able to accommodate your request for one of our fabulous river view rooms. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The Hyatt's well-situated and fairly reasonable, but ultimately just so-so. Would be helped by some updates and new carpets. The club level lounge was very nice, but again, just a little worn. Just need some updated furniture, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for water view. Club level was excellent, just depends on what price you can get. Certainly beat...

Dear EMDiaz Jr,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your feedback. If you are ever back in Jacksonville we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Spent more time than typical researching hotels for a recent downtown Jax conference. The tripadvisor reviews indicated that there really wasn't a great option. The meetings I needed to attend were at the Hyatt Riverfront. While it was convenient to stay here the reviews were a clear warning sign of what I was getting into. I called and spoke to one of the hotel managers a few months before my trip, I asked about the possibility of staying in a recently renovated room and if I could use Hyatt points to upgrade. She assured me that I would get one of the best rooms available and I agreed to *pay* for an upgrade. I sent her an email to confirm but never received any response, I called and left messages. Spoke to another manager who did respond to my email and confirmed that not only would I receive one of the better rooms but I would get a corner room. Lo and behold, none of this happened. I received a std room on a high floor, not a corner room. Shower head was broken. Most of the fixtures were in need of cleaning/repair. I requested a small refridgerator ahead of my visit and received a microwave. The old ac unit was so loud I had to sleep with ear plugs. This hotel is very old, very musty, in desperate need of a tear down! Staff is friendly but not very good with details. Meeting rooms are old, ceilings low, rooms dark. The only reason to come here is to get a slice of their home made bread pudding. Otherwise, stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KEWLBEANS

Dear KEWLBEANS,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry our hotel was not too your liking. We appreciate your business and hope you will give our hotel another try. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please contact me directly.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a conference. Room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The conference meals were amazing for conference meals. What really impressed me was the fantastic staff. Everybody was polite, friendly and helpful. It was also nice looking at my room over the river and going for a run along the riverwalk. My only complaint was that the hotel was uncomfortably cold, but I was there during an extreme cold front so I doubt that is normal.

Dear MikeMoAtl,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your warm comments regarding our associates and city. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our amazing views, while running along the river walk. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Everything was great. Very Clean. We stayed 3 nights and was shocked of the cost of getting a fridge & microwave was only $40 so we got it.......helps a LOT when u have kids with u. Queen beds have nice down feather blankets. Nice cleaning staff. And major + was how FAST we got our fridge n microwave. Only bad is u do get charged for each day if you use the garage for parking.

Room Tip: ask for river view, it's worth it! You get to watch the bridge rise while ships go through, see...

Dear Carrie0693,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront for a 3 night getaway. We are so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel and service. If you are ever back in the area, we hope you will stay with us again.