“Great location!”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #11 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I took a 3 day seminar here and the stay was great! The location is within walking distance of several restaurants and bars. Plus we had an awesome view of the water! The hotel staff was very friendly and the hotel rooms were very clean and well kept. We ate at the little sports bar in the hotel, it was pricey, but good. The rooms are expensive.. but worth it!

Room Tip: Get a view of the water!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Cheryl S,

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel; especially the great location. If your travel plans ever bring you back to Jacksonville, we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed 23 August to 25th wkd....Kira at front desk was so FRIENDLY AND SWEET....I asked nicely for riverfront view and she obliged:-)....Bobby wonderful BIG personality helped with our luggage.....GREAT GUY....we made it to the room..1464...simple and clean...nothing fancy sure cld use renovations to update but it was CLEAN... what more can u asked for than a clean room.....GREAT VIEW!! Saw dolphins in water.. We showered and chgd for dinner and unsure where to go and asked concierge Terumi....SO SWEET AND NICE......she gave some suggestions....we decided....she said bc of the lateness of the evening she wanted to called to make sure restaurant was open....she made reservations for us..and called valet for our vehicle......what WONDERFUL service......we enjoyed the Chart House where we rcvd personalized menus..good service...good food...and a complimentary dessert which was AWESOME...went to Aromas cigar bar....very nice...next AM called to ask about wifi.....suggested joining hyatt rewards and gave me free internet for our stay....MORE GREAT SERVICE.... we went to Metro Diner for breakfast.....near the beach.....good food....went to beach and the town center.....both nice. ..went to The Landing for dinner..ran into Bobby otw....great guy......short walk from Hyatt.....like 3-4 min.....nice breezy night...went to American Grill....ok food watered down drinks... good outside view on water..enjoyed the live band at The Landing.....took nice walk back to Hyatt around 11:30 pm.....lots of people walking to and fro, taking pictures and enjoying the night....we took awesome pics....the bridge is beautiful at night....opened patio door for nice night air.....took more bridge pics from room......Montell...VERY NICE AND FRIENDLY..... came up next morning to help us with luggage.....while ckg out 3 handsome gentlemen at the concierge desk said GM and called valet for us.....Montell bid adieu and our great stay at the Hyatt ended....hotel was centrally located.....close to all that we wanted...will DEFINITELY stay here again......thoroughly enjoyed stay

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank LeoQueen13

Dear LeoQueen,

Thank you for expressing your gratitude and satisfaction regarding your most recent stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are so pleased our staff was able to go that extra mile to ensure you enjoyed your overall experience. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went to this hotel for a conference and decided to upgrade at the last minute to a riverfront room and concierge level for $30 extra. The view was great and had a sliding door with a railing but no balcony. They have a lovely blue bridge that is lit up with blue lights at night. The hotel was apparently the hip place to stay because one night Justin Beiber stayed there after a concert and the next night the MIami Dolphins football team stayed there. We heard that Maroon 5 had stayed there recently. The next night we had an interesting night watching the police circle the bridge with helicopters and boats with spotlights apparently looking for a bridge climber/jumper that someone called them out but they never found anyone. With my vivid imagination I had convinced myself and my husband that I saw a person, but I guess I was wrong. The hotel was an easy walk along a nice riverwalk to the Jacksonville Landing which had a variety of restaurants. You could take a water taxi across the water to other restaurants and a fountain with dancing water. We saw dolphins in the river water which really surprised us and made us wonder if sharks venture up that river also. I was surprised to see the carpet was tearing up at the doorway to the room and that the concierge closed for a couple of months during the slow season.We did enjoy the light breakfast of fruit, salmon, pastries and even hot oatmeal that was available. Juices, water, coffee, sodas were free and drinks were discounted an on the honor system as they had everything laid out to make your own. They had cookies in the afternoon and houre d'ourves (spelling?) in the evening. It saves us some money and time not having to go to the restaurant. I was disappointed that every where you ate in the hotel had the same menu including the main restaurant, the bar and the coffee shop which I thought would have the full starbucks menu but didn't. They had an Einstein Deli connected to the hotel where we could have eaten cheaper but you had to walk out through the parking deck and around the building to get there. We paid for Valet Parking but next time would do self parking and save $5 a day because it is connected via a walkway to the hotel right by the elevators. The conference parties included a nice outdoor area overlooking the bridge. The breakfast bar was good with an omelette station and nice fruit bar with salmon, but the buffet offered at lunch wasn't much to speak of.

1  Thank pamawi

Dear Pamawi,

Thank you for your very thorough review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate all of your positive comments regarding your stay and look forward to your next trip to Jacksonville.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I really appreciate the great attitude of everyone on staff here. Starting with Monica at registration (who saw to each and every request I had) I can not think of one person who did not greet me pleasantly and with a smile! Comfort, cleanliness, and everything else you expect of a four star venue is certainly there. I do think the dinner options in the lobby bar (Currents) are a particularly good value. I will be back!

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want, they can probably accommodate you!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear ThoseKindaPeople,

Thank you for sharing your satisfaction regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am so pleased that everything was to your liking. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here 5 nights for a convention early this month. I was thrilled to be able to check in at 12:30 and that the desk staff asked my preferences for room location. I enjoyed the pool--found it very clean but thought the pool bar was pricey. I found the fitness room in good condition and liked that it was open 24 hours. Room service was quick and the food was fresh. However, I was charged a surcharge for my meal and another for my glass of wine. I found the staff friendly and helpful on all fronts. I was especially pleased with the front desk. For a hotel that services a large number of conventions, I was surprised that the rooms do not have safes and that Internet is not normally included in the room. The Business Plan is the way to go--Internet, bottle of water daily, breakfast buffet (excellent service, terrific omelet station, and hot well-stocked choices). My room had furniture in good condition but the rug could use updating and cleaning. Unfortunately, many of the conference rooms have large pillars which make viewing and communication difficult. The terraces are not handicapped accessible but the pool and hot tub are. The Starbucks service in the lounge was convenient and offered free refills upon returning with your cup.

I too was almost taken advantage of by a cab driver. He wanted to charge me $48 instead of the flat $37 from the airport. It was his own manager at the hotel entrance that caught him, or perhaps his error. Once corrected, he twice opened and closed the trunk and forgot to give me my luggage! That too was rectified by the man I've deemed the manager (from the same company). My trip back to the airport on Sunday via cab was fine.

Stayed: August 2013
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Sam629,

Thank you for expressing your feedback regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. It is truly a pleasure to know that you enjoyed all encounters with our associates. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This property is centrally located in the downtown area making most areas of the city readily accessible. The physical facility is in good condition and the rooms have received an update regarding furnishings and decor. The rooms are well appointed for work except there need to be more accessible electrical outlets bedside for casual internet surfing. While free, the internet service was less than optimal with slow connection speed and stalling. Cleaning staff did not consistently provide good service and often the coffee pot and supplies were left untended. The hotel has a restaurant which is above average in food quality, value, and service. However, while there are other dining choices within walking distance, they are less than desirable and are more consistent with "pub fare". In summary, this hotel is a good value and is a suitable conference location.

Dear FedVetAPHIS,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am pleased you enjoyed most aspects of our hotel; however I’m sorry you had a few bad experiences. If you are ever back in Jacksonville, we hope you will choose us again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was there last week. A taxi driver , which DOES NOT BELONG TO THE HOTEL was not honest to me.
He took me to the mall in a too long way, told me I cant use his Visa machine because he has no paper and when i payed in cash he told me he does not have any receipt on him.

I went to the conciere of the hotel- not to blame them- THIS WAS NOT THEIR FAULT, of course. Just so they could try help locate the driver.

They gave me a coupon for their lovely restaurant AND a free ride to the airport (worth 30 $)

What can I say???

Room Tip: They have a marvelous room on the 4th floor, HUGE, Gorgeouis. I prefered to go to a higher level...

Dear NomiRaanana I,

Thank you for expressing your gratitude and satisfaction regarding your most recent stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are so pleased our staff was able to go that extra mile to ensure you enjoyed your overall experience. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.