“Just ok”

GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hyatt Platinum members are offered the 19th floor, sadly the pool is on that level and many children run and scream in the halls, so not a perk at all. Had the DND sign on door but housekeeping called in the middle of our nap to ask if we wanted service...not good. People slamming doors, which are very heavy and very LOUD. We would pick another hotel.

Room Tip: avoid a room near the pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank overdoityks
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Overdoityks,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for the inconveniences you received and hope you will reconsider and give us another try. We appreciate your business.

Kristine H.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Am in town attending a conference - so far the hotel is so-so. Seems nice from the outside, I pulled up in my rental car and was greeted by a very disorganized valet service. Pay extra for this service, and they all seem to be expecting a tip on top of that. Seems to be overstaffed - one guy took my bags to the elevator, another brought them to my room, both waited with hands out for tips. Front desk staff were nice. The room itself is a little run down - office chair in particular is ....stained..... View is pretty depressing. I can see the river one way and a bunch of run down buildings the other. I ordered room service, which has a built in gratuity, and again, the guy who brought it up waited with hand out for a tip. I don't have a problem with tipping, but I won't tip on top of a built in gratuity....All is all - so-so.

Room Tip: Ask for a river-front room.
Green Features: Seem to be trying very hard to be sustainable - but couldn't say they stand out from any other hotel in this regard.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Regina T,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I apologize for the inconveniences you received during your stay and hope you will give us another try. We appreciate your business.

Apalachicola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Was a little hesitant to stay here given the reviews that stated that the place was run down and dirty. This could not be further from the truth! The place is nicely appointed, all areas I visited were clean, and the staff just couldn't do enough to make sure that I was enjoying my stay! Having stayed at the Ritz and other five star hotels I was blown away by the level of service I received from every member of the hotel staff. I got the bed and breakfast package and for the price of 137/night we had a room with a view of the river, free parking, and an excellent breakfast buffett! I will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear PFootlocke,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are pleased you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel; especially our amazing staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Rockville Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had a room on the fifteenth floor facing the river and the view was magnificent. To acquire this, I had to pay for an upgrade. I booked by Internet--surcharge; I paid Occupancy Sales Tax, Occupancy City Tax, and City Surcharge on both the Package Rate and the Upgrade. Total $51.21 on top of the room rate of $160.10.
The hotel itself is old-fashioned, by hotel standards, but, then, so is the checking-in process and the staff. Nothing wrong with that!
There were other options I did not want to pay for and so declined.
On the whole, I had a distinct impression of being "nickel-and-dimed."

Room Tip: A room facing the river is a must and the higher the better
Green Features: Nothing to say except that I did notice they followed the keep towels on the towel rack unless you want to discard them rule.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Pmotton,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am pleased you enjoyed our magnificent view. It is definitely the best few in downtown Jacksonville. I am however sorry you felt nickel-and-dimed. It definitely was not our goal. Our goal is to provide our customers with exceptional service. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again.

San Diego
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The lobby was impressive, and riverfront view from room was nice (if you get one, the hotel is huge and tons of rooms have no view) but that was about it. It was pricey for a city like Jacksonville and you didn't really get anything for the money. The room reminded me of an older run down vegas hotel (dirty carpet floors, kinda smelled), the room has no fridge, and no thermostat. The AC was set to ice cold, and was always on so the room was loud. Shower didn't heat up one of the nights (youd think a cold shower on a summer evening would be nice but not when the room is ice cold). Parking is $15-20 a day, internet is $20 a day. Not a horrible hotel but you feel like you are getting ripped off, nothing in return for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear 12david,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear our hotel was not up to your standards. We appreciate your business and hope you will give Hyatt a second try.

Best Regards,

Kristine H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were staying at the Hyatt Riverfront-Jacksonville for a wedding. Self-
parking in garage (separate ownershp) was convenient but pricey if you don't negotiate discount for your event. JazzFest was in progress and we could walk to events. Business Plan has buy 1 breakfast buffet/get one free + other amenities. The hotel is beautiful, has very decent gift shop, wonderful beds...overall a pleasant experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear MaryGene,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront over Jazz Festival weekend. We are pleased you were able to take advantage of our business plan offer. It is a great perk for those wanting breakfast and internet. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again next year over Jazz, if not sooner.

Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a good location but I had some issues with it: the valet took a while to take my car, the bathroom was a little unkept, the water is unusually soft (maybe its a Jax thing?), I had issues with the water temperature on the sink. Other than that the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear PeachyKeen26,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry for any inconveniences you received and I hope we were able to rectify the issues while you were still here. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again.

Kristine