I had a room on the fifteenth floor facing the river and the view was magnificent. To acquire this, I had to pay for an upgrade. I booked by Internet--surcharge; I paid Occupancy Sales Tax, Occupancy City Tax, and City Surcharge on both the Package Rate and the Upgrade. Total $51.21 on top of the room rate of $160.10.
The hotel itself is old-fashioned, by hotel standards, but, then, so is the checking-in process and the staff. Nothing wrong with that!
There were other options I did not want to pay for and so declined.
On the whole, I had a distinct impression of being "nickel-and-dimed."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the essence of the lifestyle and landscape of the real Florida at our Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront hotel. Set along the St. Johns River within the heart of the city’s business, entertainment and sports districts, our outstanding downtown Jacksonville hotel is adjacent to the Jacksonville Landing, a hotspot for dining & entertainment, and within minutes of famous white sand beaches, championship golf courses, EverBank Field, water sports, museums and arts venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront Hotel Jacksonville
- Hyatt Jacksonville Riverfront