“Wedding Celebration”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here, along with about 40 other family and friends. We booked a junior suite (that was all that was available) so we could entertain those who came from all over the country. The sad news is the junior suites have no views--in fact there are no windows! The two adjoining rooms have a window that overlooks the roof. They have a nice fitness center and an outdoor pool/whirlpool. Unfortunately, Jax had rain for most of our stay. The breakfast is bountiful. Oatmeal was delicious. Coffee wasn't any good, but they do have Starbucks packs in the rooms. It's a great location and close to everything. Executive car service was spectacular--they were lifesavers!

Room Tip: Go for the river views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Ccwriter16,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront for your family reunion. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (2,963)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My buddy & I stayed at this beautiful hotel last weekend for a concert. It's just blocks from the best bars Downtown, The Florida Theatre, Metro Park & the arena. Make sure you pay the extra $$$ & upgrade your room to river view; you'll be glad you did. Also, if it's not too much get the breakfast package as well; it was very good. We will be back soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Iveynole,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront while attending a concert at Metro Park. We are pleased you enjoyed our amazing location and spectacular views. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I had travelled to Jacksonville in the earrly hours of morning. We arrived between 4:30 and 5:00, however when we got there I was told I had to wait to check in until 7:00 and this caught me by surprise, as I had spoken to resevationist twice before arriving and they assured me I would be able to check in once I arrived. We had to be up at 8:00 to prepare for a all day photo shoot and we didn't know what to do. Ms.Oveido( forgive me for mispelling your name) who was the front desk agent knew they hadn't given me the correct information so she gave us our room to check in and made things much better. She offered to assist us with our luggage which was nice of her. She informed my daughter where to park while I waited inside. My daughter was taking to long to come back and she went to find her to make sure she was okay. Ms.Oveido your kindness and concern in making sure we were happy guest is greatly appreciated. You have a wonderful spirit and personality. We will be back in Jacksonville the next month or so and I would love to have you take care of us again.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Wmotley,

Thank you for your kind words. I’m glad to see that Oviedo was able to turn your check-in experience around. At Hyatt our goal is to provide authentic hospitality and it sounds like she did just that. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I can't say enough about the service the staff provides. I recently held a meeting at the hotel and they went above and beyond to take care of our every need. They made the planning the easiest I have ever experienced. The rooms are well appointed, check in and out was a breeze, oh and did I mention the staff! I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for someplace to hold a conference or meeting. Special thanks go to Julie Jacobs, catering manager, for all her help and seeing to it that we were in need of nothing!

Room Tip: Choose a Riverfront room for the great view.
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Debra K,

Thank you for your wonderful review of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. At Hyatt our goal is to provide exceptional service and it sounds like we delivered just that. Please reach back out to Julie if you have any other meetings you would like to host at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Decent hotel. I picked it because I was going to Metro Park and wanted to be able to walk. However, I was very surprised to find no fridge in the room. I can't remember a room in the last 10 years that didn't have a fridge and possibly a microwave. No free breakfast either. Nice view, but I wasn't really there for that. Convenient to all the down town things and the river walk. If I had researched the water taxi situation, I may have stayed across the water for cheaper, and ridden to the venue. If I go again , I will check into this.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jana S

Dear Jana S,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I’ll like to congratulate this hotel for so well train staff. The service was excellent, from the bellman, front desk to the maid.
The room is well clean. The only thing they need to update is the carpet on the hallways, stain, but not smelly or dirty.
The amenities are first class including the Starbucks coffee. They offer your news paper, the accesible wifi.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Marie S,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding Hyatt Regency Jacksonville. At Hyatt we take great pride in providing exceptional customer service and it sounds like our associates have delivered. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Dates of Stay: Thursday, 4/4/13 - Friday, 4/5/13
Total Nights: 1

In a nutshell, the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront is a truly heavenly property, offering superb service combined with excellent rooms featuring absolutely wonderful views -- make sure not to miss this wonderful property the next time that your travels bring you to Jacksonville!

Now, for my detailed review:

First, I need to preface this review by stating that it builds upon my detailed prior review of this property. I have posted one prior reviews of this property; please see that prior reviews for further information on this property:

-November 2012 - “A Truly Beautiful Hotel in the Absolutely Perfect Jacksonville Location!!!” (posted November 19, 2012)

I have now stayed at this property three (3) times in the past several months, and with each visit, the service continues to shine at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront! This is truly the place that you should stay any time your travels bring you to Jacksonville!

First, as I have said in my prior review, this property is in a truly perfect location. It is located in Downtown Jacksonville, along the banks of the Saint Johns River; this allows for over half of the rooms at this property to have truly beautiful river views. Additionally, you are within walking distance of "Jacksonville Landing," which features many wonderful off-property dining locations and shopping. Furthermore, in the opposite direction, you are within walking distance of EverBank Field, home of the Jacksonville Jaguars and various other high profile sporting events. And, unlike many Downtown properties, this property offers very easy access to the major Interstates, I-95 and I-10; the Bell Staff can provide you with quick and easy directions to traverse the City. All-in-all, as for its location, the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront cannot be missed.

Next, as for the rooms at this property, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed. I have always booked a Riverview Deluxe King, and let me tell you, the View is certainly worth the money -- you absolutely must book a Riverfront Deluxe Room for truly spectacular views of the Saint Johns River, water-craft views as well as beautiful views of the many bridges that span the River. Each room is equipped with an extremely comfortable Hyatt Grand Bed, and all of the high-end amenities that Hyatt always provides. As for my room, yet again, I spoiled myself and booked a Suite; I was again assigned a VIP Suite on the 18th Floor, Room 1864. I provided an extensive description of how amazing this room was in my prior review, and it continued to amaze on this stay. I have attached numerous photos to this review; in addition to those photos, please see my prior review for specifics on the truly amazing rooms at this beautiful property.

As for Dining Options on property, you will find many options. First, in the Main Lobby, you will find "Trellises," which is a truly wonderful restaurant feature Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Breakfast there is wonderful; the Breakfast Buffet is truly heavenly, offering a wide variety of Breakfast foods, including a delicious Omelet Station. Lunch and Dinner are both equally excellent; I had the pleasure of dining at "Trellises" for Lunch this trip, and I would highly recommend it. Additionally, this property offers "Jaxx Sports Bar," featuring amazing sports-bar type fare, along with the "Currents Lounge," which offers stiff drinks at a reasonable price. Furthermore, I must mention that this property also has an "Einstein Brother's Bagel Shop" attached to it, which is a nice addition to the standard Hyatt Dining Options. Finally, I must take a moment to mention the truly amazing Room Service offered by this property; meals arrive quickly and are still warm, unlike many places that I have dined using room service. If you want a truly relaxing night in, I would suggest booking a Riverview Deluxe Room and opting for Room Service; you can have a delightful dinner and enjoy the amazing views.

Additionally, this property has an Excellent Regency Club Lounge. Like many Downtown properties, the Regency Club at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront is closed Friday-Sunday, but during the week, it offers an excellent selection. One is able to have a delicious Continental Breakfast each morning, along with snacks -- such as tasty nuts and cookies -- all day long. In the evening, the Regency Club offers an excellent selection of hors d'oeuvres each evening, along with cocktails available for a very modest fee. Additionally, it offers excellent views and a quite and relaxed atmosphere with a truly superb staff. I would highly recommend spending a little more to book a Regency Club Room; it is most definitely worth it!

All-in-all, the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront continues to amaze! It offers truly superb service, excellent dining options and an amazing location offering heavenly views. The Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront should not be missed by anyone traveling to Jacksonville; I certainly will be staying here the next time that I travel to Jacksonville, and I suggest that you do the same!

Room Tip: Book a River View Deluxe Room and ask for a high floor
1  Thank AttorneyVin

Dear AttorneyVin,

Thank you again for your continued support of Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I am so pleased you have enjoyed your stay every time you have been here. At Hyatt we strive to provide authentic hospitality and it sounds like we have delivered. I look forward to your next stay with us.