“Not as expected”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed on 5th floor king room. Had a huge chunk of plaster missing from the ceiling with a terrible patch job. As far away from the elevator as possible and no hot water! Was given misinformation about where the ice machine was. Went down three halls back by elevator which is where check in desk said it was. Turned out there was one in an alcove a few steps from room.
The bed was comfortable and since I was only staying one night I dealt with the no hot water ad unsightly ceiling.
Might return but would request a better room.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Lshay,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. I would like to apologize for the condition of your room. Please know that this is not typical of our guest rooms and we will take action to rectify the situation. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail, please reach out to me directly. We hope you will give us another try.

904-588-1234

Write a ReviewReviews (3,013)

Reviewed April 13, 2013

First..get a room that overlooks the river. If not, you will be looking at a rooftop top that stores spare parts of stuff that fell out of the sky. Overall the Hotel was a great 4 night stay. Staff overly friendly, 8 elavators. lots of parking. Not much around Hotel to see except "The Landing" (an outdoor mall of shops and expensive restaurants) Hotel offers expensive food and no free breakfast. I called to use a microwave and operator said it would be $5.00 an hour. (..which is the same charge for the internet)(nothing is free here except the "Air and Water") Be careful walking around the property...the homeless are waiting for you, and the staff looks the other way when they approach you. For the money...find a hotel that is close to other busineses.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Greydog98,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Jacksonville during your 4 night stay in Jacksonville. We are glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and amenities. I do however apologize for the inconvenience you received during your stay. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please feel free to contact me directly.

904-588-1234

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Staff was very friendly, especially Princess in the lobby's restaurant. She's a doll! The guys outside made sure we had a courtesy shuttle and/or taxi cab to get around town. There is NOTHING within walking distance except the Landing, which is pathetic in my opinion. Food is expensive inside the hotel. Einstein Bagels is right around the corner, but you have to go outside to get to it, even though it's connected to the back of the hotel. There are local restaurants in the Landing. The Mexican restaurant, Cinco de Mayo at the Landing was quite good! The gift shop was nice, good prices and unique souvenirs.

The room was nicely sized with 2 queen beds. Plenty of space for the full-size ironing board, desk, dresser drawers, etc. TV was big and clear with lots of channels to choose from. I hardly watched it the entire time, though. The bathroom was ok, but the toilet flushes like a rocket! My bathroom sink stopped up every day while I was there. They would come fix it, but it would stop up again. I used the 2nd sink outside the bath, which was a blessing or else I wouldn't have been able to brush my teeth or wash my face!

The beds were comfy and the variety of soft to firm pillows was adequate. The toiletries were a good brand that I've actually heard of. The carpet and wall paper, along with the hanging pictures, were quite dated, but again, I didn't spend much time in the room to worry about all that. My view sucked; I was in Room 1443 and I looked at the rest of the hotel, a rooftop with different machines on top, and barely saw downtown Jax. Wasn't as impressive as my friends' river view. (My university paid for my trip so I couldn't ask for an upgrade. It is WORTH IT.)

Would I stay here again? I don't know. I want to be close to some action. Unfortunately, that is not in the downtown area. In fact, after taking the ferry to the other side, that hotel looked run down as well. But if I were to stay in the downtown area, this is probably your best bet. I'd stay again!

By the way, There was no shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The Super Shuttle guys were great, though!

Room Tip: Get a room viewing the river!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear KorriBeth,

I am glad your stay ‘wasn’t that bad,’ however I appreciated your feedback in order to make it better the next time. At Hyatt our goal is to provide authentic hospitality and we hope to exceed your expectations during your next stay.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Friendly staff, easy to get a reservation, easy check out, noon check out

Cons:

Intimidated into using baggage service (we had planned to carry our own bags and use the luggage cart, but the valet said we couldn't because of union rules),
$15 to self park vs $20 valet service,
Quality of fixtures in room,
2 coffees and cups for three people. Only 1 reg coffee. Sweet n low only artificial sweetener available

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Gsonewbie,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are pleased you enjoyed our friendly staff, along with the ease of check in and check out. I do however apologize for any awkward moments you received during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The service at this hotel is excellent. Everyone from the front desk, waiters and valet... Everyone was beyond helpful. The lobby and common areas of this hotel are nice, but the rooms are lacking. They are dated and not what you would expect from Hyatt. If you are traveling with children and need a crib, bring your own pack n play sheet. The sheet provided by the hotel is a normal bed size sheet that is not secure on the crib mattress. Ie:SIDS risk. We ate breakfast and lunch at the hotel and both meals were very good. The excellent service outweighs the dated rooms.

Room Tip: Choose a River view room
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Nicole H,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the associates at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville. We take great pride in providing top notch service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with family for business trip. After hours of travel, their rooms are comfortable for relaxation. Service is great. Wifi at the lobby is okay too. They also have a great ballroom for events. I explored the place during the afternoon, and I enjoyed the view. Surroundings is peaceful :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Summerhue,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. At Hyatt we strive to provide authentic hospitality and it sounds like we delivered. Please tell your friends and family about us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This Hyatt. or so they claim, has got to be the most over charging hotel in north east florida, they charge too much but never deliver what you expect, expensive slow internet(speed tested at 512kbps), 15 dollar low security self parking (no security cameras), dirty carpets no flat screen tv in some rooms, poorly maintained rooms (toilet leaks, shower cap was covering smoke detector), unattentive and disrespectful bell staff ( tall hispanic bellman was staring at my 17 year old niece). asian Front desk manager was speaking in foreign language with fellow co-workers(racially biased manager), i did not feel welcome when i was walking by front desk, i felt they were distracted while talking about someone. very unprofessional in regards to communicating with guests. housekeepers are loud while at work in hallways. FOOD WAS GOOD BUT SLOW

all i have to say about this Hyatt is that they need to fire some managers because they clearly are getting paid for doing nothing... and the money saved from paying crappy managers can be used to UPGRADE THIS HOTEL

this hotel better improve

R. Saint Rose

Room Tip: The HYATT PLACE by the airport
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Roderick S

Dear Roderick S.,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. If you would like to discuss it in further detail, please contact me directly.