4,445 results
All reviews rooftop pool river view florida theater self park parking garage nice hotel johns river hotel restaurant across the river football game downtown area under construction fitness center enjoyed my stay conference landing valet
Selected filters
Reviewed January 24, 2008

The best service was rec'd by Edgar, one of the bellpersons. He was cordial, went out of his way for customer service, and had a very pleasant attitude (he was a former Ritz employee and it showed). Other staff members did an average job, some below average. One bell person stopped and had a conversation with a friend (?) and had me wait until I asked him to come along and take my belongings out to my vehicle. I was already in a hurry, since he was about 15 minutes late.

The person who checked me in at the reservation desk was great with customer service, but had a bit of a "curtness" in her speech. I must say when I ret'd from the first room assignment, which I did not like location (smoking floor and too close to the elevator), she quickly responded to my request (no ice machines nor elevators nearby, and a non-smoking floor) and upgraded the room to an executive suite, which was VERY nice.

Salmon breakfast and in-room service were very good. Dinner was not so great. The red snapper presentation was supposed to have a salsa and rather than telling me there was no salsa, substituted little orange and grapefruit sections. The snapper was ok; too much sauce and the fennel and some other vegetable smothered with the sauce. The salsa would have made a difference. The citrus fruit not appealing with this meal.
Also, the waitress brought me one herbal tea bag, rather than the boxed selection for a choice. I told her I did not like the one she gave me, so then she brought out the box of teas. We all know by now that herbal tea selections are usually made from a variety of choices. I think this young staff thinks the rest of us have not had other restaurant experiences and that we may be naive about high-end hotel dining. Another young lady served my cappucino in a paper cup at the dinner restaurant rather than a dinner cup and saucer. I asked for the latter and she took care of the matter. The young ladies who were greeting and seating customers did an excellent job. Great smiles and attitudes!

Some of the service staff members need an upgrade in training or perhaps hire anonymous reviewers to evaluate their efforts.

I would stay here again, but eat elsewhere. I thought the bed was extremely comfortable with ample supply of pillows and a wonderful down comforter.

The phone operator was always cordial. The person(s) who handled the wake-up calls esp for Wed, Jan 23, offered a 2nd wake-up call to make sure I got up, which I accepted the offer and it was a pleasure. The persons in this dept did an excellent job. No need for improvement here.

Date of stay: January 2008
2  Thank fiftynine
Reviewed January 2, 2008

My husband and I greeted the New Year 2008 for two nights at this hotel. Before booking, I had not realized that it was also Gator Bowl Weekend; but I'm delighted to say that the hotel was well able to handle the large crowd, and we were never bothered by noise.

We had a riverfront room and enjoyed amazing fireworks right outside our sliding door. We felt as if we were on a cruise ship docked in a lively port. One morning we took advantage of the breakfast buffet. The food was excellent, but it was a bit pricey. The second morning, we purchased a "Grab and Go" meal in the lobby, took it to our room and made the in-room coffee which was free, and enjoyed "room service" that we had served ourselves. The Plaza III Steakhouse served an excellent prix fixe meal (as well as a la carte offerings) that included a scrumptuous creme brulee. The second night, we had a more moderately priced meal in The Trellises Restaurant adjacent to the lobby.

All in all, we would happily return to the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Waterfront!

Date of stay: December 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank vierannie
Reviewed December 26, 2007

Good location to stay in for the Jaguars - Raiders game. Quick cab ride to the stadium. Hotel was nice. Food was average. Only other disappointment was that the hotel was very quiet and there was nothing in the area to see other than Jacksonville Landing, which wasn't all that impressive.

Date of stay: December 2007
1  Thank Raiderfan2
Reviewed December 3, 2007

The roof top pool was heated and it was great to swim under the stars. The bed was great. Room was a little small but not bad at all. Nice shower. The location of this hotel was great. A Water taxi ride away from everywhere we needed to go. Some on e mentioned no conceirge, but there were two in the lobby most of the time.

Date of stay: November 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Suezq1642
Reviewed October 24, 2007

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront during a convention for 4 nights. I requested a "quiet" room on an upper floor. What they didn't tell me upon check in was that I might have to rest mid-journey to my room because it was so far away. I honestly could have screamed at the top of my lungs and no one would hear me based on where my room was located. I'm not even sure my room was still in Florida. The room itself was ok, but I found the bed to be uncomfortable. Room service was ok, but the temperature of the food varied with who the server was. The lobby restaurant was lacking in service and quality. The sports bar staff were pleasant but definitely not looking for a bigger tip by being sociable. The lobby bar staff was always cordial and attentive. The food provided during our convention (that was included in our package) was definitely lacking in quality. The lunch we had on Friday was basically inedible for me. Dinner was better, but served cold. The dinner servers seemed extremely confused and many times left our table without giving everyone their food. Overall, I would not stay at this property again.

Date of stay: October 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Not-A-Hugger