“Friendly staff but room was not comfortable.”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #10 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Friendly staff but room was not comfortable.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I had to stay here for a conference. This was my fifth week on the road and was ready to enjoy the Florida weather. I received an "upgraded" room. The temperature was never comfortable, even though I had the thermostat set at 68 it never got below 74. I had an old tv which made a buzzing sound. I sleep with the tv on so this made it almost impossible. I went to the desk twice about, but it was never fixed. The bar ran out of several items and it was also over priced. The we're homeless people all around the area which made walking around at night not the safest thing.

I can however say the staff was very friendly and attentive compared to EVERYWHERE else we went to in JAX. Friendly Phil really made me smile.

• Stayed March 2012
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear Upintheairs,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback regarding your stay. We were sorry to hear you did not have an enjoyable experience. We value your comments and have shared them with the appropriate departments. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please contact the hotel directly.

Matt Graham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

Rooms were clean. Front desk staff and concierge Jason were phenomenal. Unfortunately, the food and beverage needs work. Experienced everything from inattentive staff, to a collegue of mine finding glass in his food during our meal at our APCA conference. Nothing was handled properly in these situations and I'm very disappointed. I hope things turn around for this beautiful establishment.

• Stayed March 2012
Limerick, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Based on the reviews I had read on here, I was anticipating a possible upgrade to riverview, but alas, it was not to be. Check-in was easy; I had completed online check-in, but as I pulled out the printout to scan at the kiosk, I was called to a receptionist. So that was pointless. But all went smoothly. She confirmed my (meeting) rate; and I asked about in-room refridgerator. Unfortunately, there are none in the rooms. She indicated there would be a $25 charge (whole stay, not per night), and asked if I still wanted it. I indicated, yes, as I needed it for medication. Hearning that it was for medication, she waived the charge - a respectful touch. After that request, I didn't think it appropriate to ask about availability of upgrade to riverfront, so I took what I could get. Unfortunately, it was a roof-top level room in the furthest possible location from the elevators. It's great that the room windows actually open - but a young woman traveling alone isn't really the best candidate for a walk-in/view in room with roof access. Never truly felt secure enough to leave the curtains open, let alone open the windows. I also think valet parking is wildly overpriced at $20/day.
Room: The room itself was spacious and well-laid out, but somewhat dated. The giant TV was almost comical; definitely time to upgrade to a flatsceen! The iPod dock/radio/alarm is a hotel fave of mine - but this one didn't work at all. No glow on the time (not readable), didn't charge my iPhone, alarm didn't work. Glad I set the phone alarm as a backup! Shower was good, as were soaps, and toothpaste (!). Could also have used a swing-out makeup mirror. The bed itself was very comfortable; and I slept well - a rarity in a hotel for me.
Food: Only picked up breakfasts at the Einstein Bro's bagel shop - bagel and yogurt parfait were good. Apple was bruised/mealy, and my chai tea was AWFUL (threw it out). I did hear from fellow- meeting attendees that the burget in the lobby restaurant was exceptionally good.
Gym was great. Wish I had time to enjoy the pool, it looked nice as well.
Downtown Jacksonville is awfully quiet. Not much to be said about activities in town; and I wouldn't walk alone at night (coming from a Philly girl, this is saying something). It's definitely worth it to drive into St. Augustine or to the nicer/older main-street-like neighborhoods of the city.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank leilaniox
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear Leilaniox,

Thank you for taking time and giving us feedback regarding your most recent stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We value your feedback immensely and will share your comments with our staff. At Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, we take pride in providing authentic hospitality and I’m sorry to hear we did not exceed your expectations. If you are ever back in the Jacksonville area, we hope you will give us another try.

Bushnell, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Can't beat the location, right on the riverfront.
Rooms clean and modern.
Lobby bar leaves something to be desired, but the Trellises restaurant serves a mean breakfast.
Good facilities for a conference.
Great running routes in the area -- along the riverfront if you want a distance of a mile or so; over the river on two bridges if you want to get closer to three miles.
It was too cold to use the roof deck pool, but it looked nice, as did the gym.
It is irritating to have to pay for Internet access...but there's no option, other than sitting in the lobby. Parking garage seems expensive...unless you're on a motorcycle -- they let those park for free, which is nice (considering how little space they take up).

Room Tip: face the river if you want a view
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear VespagirL55,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We were so pleased to know you enjoyed our wonderful location and views; along with our amazing breakfast cuisine. We truly value your feedback and will share your comments with our staff. If you are ever back in the Jacksonville area, we hope to see you again. Please tell your friends and family about us!

Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

Lots of meeting rooms, and everything seemed cleaned. CLose to some restaurants, but, doesn't seem like a great place to be walking around at night. We took the free van shuttle over to a restaturant and it was very nice. The hotel has free wi-fi in the lobby area which is across from the open restaruant and bar. Lots of seating there. However, the sun is very strong through the large windows it gets very hot in that area. And the sun is blinding, even though you are inside. But you can see the river. What I did not like is that the second floor had lots of space for seating and small "group" gatherings, but no furniture! So if you wanted to have an impromptu meeting, you had to be hot and blinded in the lobby. No way to be away from the people so you don't get interruptions. They have a restaurant, and another "cafe" type area, but they seemed to close early. All the bagels and food items were gone at 10:30ish in the morning and they did give me coffee. But when you have been in meetings and need something before the late lunches, it was not what I needed. Staff seemed nice. Room was nice. We did find a very large unopened beer bottle under the bed from a previous guest (yuk) and there was a few weird "cleaning" items not addressed, but I can't remember what they were at this time. Odd, that they did not refill the shampoo and sink soap used every day. Luckily my husband can use a bar of soap for washing his hair or we would not have had enough for day 2. No noise heard from other rooms.

Room Tip: River side is very nice, but sun is strong (blinding) in afternoon this time of year.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear KayakLadyFL,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. At Hyatt Regency Jacksonville we thrive to provide ‘authentic’ hospitality and it seems we fell short in housekeeping. We truly value your feedback and will share your comments with our staff. If you are ever back in the Jacksonville area, we hope to see you again. Please tell your friends and family about us!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

Just returned from a stay at the Hyatt on the Riverfront. This location is very isolated with very little activity nearby excerpt a large court complex. It seems to cater mainly to people attending group conferences. There were many students from an on line school doing "field work". As always the staff was great. However, the food was for the most part was horrid. The room was Ok but would have been better if it had a refrigerator. Again, I must report one of my pet peeves-- Internet use was $15 a day. Although it was free in the lobby bar area. Parking was $15 a day if you parked your car yourself and $20 if Hyatt staff parked it. I must admit that I thought that the hotel was located at the Riverside area (a lively area) and not Riverfront.! The only excitement of the whole week was that a rich Arab gentleman docked his multi-million dollar yacht right in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you need a quiet place to sleep and have a car and want fast access to the Express...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Galley74,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We were sorry to hear that you stay did not live up to your expectation. We truly value your feedback and will share your comments with our staff. If you are ever back in the Jacksonville area, we hope you will give us and downtown Jacksonville another chance.

Amelia Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed for one night at the Hyatt in late January, 2012 after a concert in downtown Jacksonville. We had made a reservation several months ahead of time and requested a particular type of room. When we arrived to check in the clerk advised there were no more rooms available like that we reserved after going off to one of the apparent managers and asking him something. Letting her know that we were very displeased they did upgrade us to a suite for the same price and threw in the breakfast buffet for no charge. The room was river view and roof view so that wasn't so great but it was big and clearn. Very comfortable beds as well. The breakfast was good but I would not have paid for it (approx $15 or so) if they had not provided it to us as a compensation. Recommended for its' location and would be great for those travelling on business. It served its' purpose with us but not sure we'd stay there again if we can't be guaranteed to get the room we reserved months ahead.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple