“Wonderful location”

Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I love the Hyatt hotels however, I don't like having to pay for the children to watch cartoons. That would be the only negative, other than that everything was great!

• Stayed: July 2011
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Dear Tees3,

Thank you for your warm comments regarding Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We were pleased to hear you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel, especially our spectacular location! We look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Please recommend us to your family and friends.

EAM

Write a ReviewReviews (3,016)

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I just stayed at the Hyatt on the riverfront in Jacksonville, Florida. I stayed in room 1532. For anyone taking a trip to Jacksonville, please stay at this hotel and especially in this room. It has a beautiful view of the riverfront and being a corner room, had lots of space! We were in walking distance to The Landing which has several dining choices and a small fountain where young children can play in (especially useful for hot days). The staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. The only objection I had was you have to pay for internet in your room (and it is for each computer too!). You also have to pay for your parking. So, the hotel room may seem reasonably priced, but with all these other incidentals, it does bring the daily cost up. Stay at this hotel if you need to be downtown. The hotel is very nice regardless of these other downsides. The roof top pool was really nice too! It overlooks the river-very nice!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Dear wolfpack6,

Thank you for your warm comments regarding Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We were pleased to hear you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and Jacksonville. Hyatt Regency Jacksonville is situated in the best location. Walking distance to The Landing and other wonderful attractions in downtown. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Please recommend us to your family and friends.

EAM

Reviewed July 6, 2011

This is an older Hyatt property. My room was clean and comfortable, but the little touches that you find in most Hyatts, were missing. Nothing major, but if you insist on flat screen televisions and robes/slippers in the wardrobes (I don't) , you'll be disappointed. Otherwise, the staff made up for any potential shortfalls in the rooms. They were friendly, helpful and engaging. The location was perfect for the downtown area, walking distance to the Jacksonville Landing and right on the river. The fitness facility was well appointed, and the rooftop pool was a nice surprise. Breakfast in the hotel's restaurant was far better than I expected, with an omelette station, fresh fruit and the normal breakfast staples at an affordable price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Crusha
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I cant tell you if the price is worth it cause I didn't pay but the hotel is very nice its clean, Friendly, Great views, Try to get a room that has a even number for a great view of the river. The pool on the roof is very neat and the gym is great. My room was missing the top door lock part but besides that its a great hotel, Don't buy from the gift shop its pretty over priced I found a little store and mall only a few blocks down and it was much better its at the river walk mall or something like that... You wont be disappointed with this hotel Stay here!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I've been coming here semi-regularly over the past few months for business, and my current stay is disappointing. The internet, which is wired, is slow. Painfully slow. Atrociously slow. Slower than my cell phone slow. Literally. The Hyatt is pulling 0.8 Mbps (which is about average for them over the past three days), while my cell is pulling 1.24 Mbps. That's embarrassing and too frustrating to work remotely.

Second, I worked late last night, came back and was going to get room service. But there was no menu in my room. I went down to the concierge desk and asked for one. They said they'd have someone bring one by. After an hour of waiting, I ordered from a nearby restaurant to go. They don't want my money, they don't get my money. That simple. (Yes, it's a minor thing, but it's an incredibly simple thing. And if they can't get that right, who knows what else they'll screw up.)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank afoglia97
HyattMGR1, Manager at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Dear afoglia97,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review regarding your previous stay at Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront. We were disappointed to hear you encountered issues during your stay. If you would like to discuss your issues in person, please contact the hotel directly. In regards to the internet, we wanted to inform you that as of last week, all guestrooms are now enabled with Wi-Fi.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you received and hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

It you need to stay downtown this is good choice, otherwise there are probably better choices. The property is dated especially by the usual Hyatt standards. The staff is friendly but otherwise this property disappoints.

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear Datwd,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront as your downtown preferred hotel. We were disappointed to hear you were not 100% satisfied with your stay; however we were glad you enjoyed all encounters with our associates. We take pride in providing excellent customer service.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

We spend one night in this hotel for a firnds birthday, very nice and clean , it is on the River front, very close the jacksonville Landing , with lots of shops and food chioce, staff vey accommendation i arrived early was able to get to the room before check in time, . nice price with AAA discount, booked directedly from hyatt web site, same price with other online places

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends