4,445 results
All reviews rooftop pool river view florida theater self park parking garage nice hotel johns river hotel restaurant across the river football game downtown area under construction fitness center enjoyed my stay conference landing valet
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2007

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront during a convention for 4 nights. I requested a "quiet" room on an upper floor. What they didn't tell me upon check in was that I might have to rest mid-journey to my room because it was so far away. I honestly could have screamed at the top of my lungs and no one would hear me based on where my room was located. I'm not even sure my room was still in Florida. The room itself was ok, but I found the bed to be uncomfortable. Room service was ok, but the temperature of the food varied with who the server was. The lobby restaurant was lacking in service and quality. The sports bar staff were pleasant but definitely not looking for a bigger tip by being sociable. The lobby bar staff was always cordial and attentive. The food provided during our convention (that was included in our package) was definitely lacking in quality. The lunch we had on Friday was basically inedible for me. Dinner was better, but served cold. The dinner servers seemed extremely confused and many times left our table without giving everyone their food. Overall, I would not stay at this property again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Not-A-Hugger
Reviewed October 23, 2007

I stayed here for 3 nites last week as part of a large convention. My guestroom was very nice and comfortable but I did not have an ipod docking station as did most of my colleagues. I used the automatic checkin kiosk which was great and told me I had
access to the Regency Lounge. When I called the desk the next morning to ask where the lounge was I was told I had to pay $50 extra to get lounge privileges. I declined but went to the lounge anyway and my key did open the door. I assume since I am a Gold Passport Member that was why I did have access.
The service in the lobby restaurant was awful!!! One morning a collegeague had to walk out because he never got his breakfast after waiting almost 1/2 hour. On Thursday we had a reservation for 8 for lunch to have a small meeting and requested to be in the corner so as not to disturb anyone. We arrived and no table had been set, and then they put us smack in the middle of the dining room. The service that day was awful. The waitress was rude, and inefficient and it seemed like she was doing us a favor by serving us. Then when we got the bill I saw why, since there was 7 of us they automatically add on the service charge so it didn't really matter how she treated us - her tip was guaranteed.
The bartenders in the sports bar were ok but didn't go out of their way to be friendly. The best service was at the lobby bar on Friday afternoon around 5:00, our waiter was wonderful!
The food at our banquets was varied. Lunch on Friday was awful but dinner was average. Service at Friday nite banquet slow and erratic.
Overall, very disappointed and would not return.

4  Thank lionsmom
Reviewed October 19, 2007

This hotel gets 5 Stars for great guest rooms, great meeting facilities, food (the breakfast buffet was great), service, and friendliness of the staff. My guest room was large and the bed was extremely comfortable. Internet worked fine in my room and meeting rooms with my Sprint Card. And even the Stars stay here. Kevin Spacey, Denis Leary, and Laura Dern were here filming a new movie "Recount" about the Gore/Bush Election that will be coming out next year. At first I thought there was construction going on in my hallway until I saw the Directors Chairs! We all got to watch some tapings in the lobby, it was a nice addition to the stay. Great hotel, definitely recommend it.

Reviewed October 2, 2007

Pricelined a 3-star hotel in Jacksonville in order to see the Lion King National Tour--figured we'd make a weekend out of it. Arrived at the hotel at 1:30 PM and waited in a 10-15 minute line at check-out. We asked if we could possibly check in. We were told that our room wasn't ready, but they'd call us if we left a cell phone number. We didn't receive a call, so went back around 2:45 PM. Our room still wasn't ready, but we were again told that they'd call.

Official check-in was at 3 PM, so we waited in the lobby. They never called us, so at 4ish we returned to the massive check-in line. We were issued vouchers for a free drink, but our room still wasn't ready. The room was finally made available after we'd used the drink vouchers.

The room was okay, but nothing fancy. Definitely not a 3-star hotel. We've Pricelined much nicer, and more affordable, 2-star hotels in the Orlando area.

Check-out the next morning took an additional 20 minutes, since they had 2 clerks working the front desk. Automated check-out wasn't working, so the majority of guests were in line.

The reason the Hyatt was backed up was due to some conferences, but we don't buy it. It's a conference hotel that should be accustomed to handling large groups of people. We're not fussy, but the lack of service was frustrating--we won't go back anytime soon.

Date of stay: March 2007
1  Thank sankoji
Reviewed August 27, 2007

This hotel simply did not meet my expectations. While the view of the river was nice, and it is close to downtown and the Landing (if the Landing it your scene; it certainly isn't mine), I was very under-whelmed by the hotel itself for the following reasons:
1) the pool area was small and basic, definitely not somewhere to spend a decadent afternoon. The sauna was co-ed which made for an uncomfortable encounter with a man with a staring problem. The women's locker rooms were very out of date.
2) The decor was very outdated, with the 2nd and 3rd floor lobbies in loud teal and peach evocative of the 1980's. The hallways to the guest rooms are small and dank with low ceilings. The rooms have old tvs without premium channels. The lobby is fine though.
3) Our bathroom smelled horrible and was stifling from the minute we walked in. We could only surmise that there was a dead mouse or something in the wall or a/c vent. We asked housekeeping to address the smell while we went to dinner, and returned to find it still smelled. We changed rooms, which was accomplished easily, but in the new room the remote control and thermostat didn't work.
4) There is no concierge. This was very surprising for a hotel this size that caters to business travelers. The porters do double duty giving directions (they didn't have any maps and gave very bad directions for getting to a restaurant they recommended) and restaurant recommendations, but the restaurant they recommended, after we rejected a suggestion for a chain restaurant, turned out to be pretty bad. They were really just pulling names of restaurants off the tops of their heads, rather than having researched and experienced their recommendations as a concierge should. As a result, we would up eating in some pretty disappointing restaurants during our trip.

I did like:
1) the bedding was great
2) good smelling toiletries

Date of stay: August 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank JAtlanta