“Good I-95 stopover” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Miami,FL
“Good I-95 stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Nice new hotel across from a manmade lake with a walking/jogging path around it. Strangely right next to a Goodyear Tire store- good place if you need any car repairs. Can walk to a Zaxby's chicken restaurant and across a 4 lane street from a strip mall with big Publix grocery store and other shops. Not far from a medical center and Starbucks.The room was very clean with comfy pillows. The duvets were proudly listed as being washed daily which is great but they had a lumpy mogul like appearance on the bed. Quiet with a nice fitness and lobby area. The only peeve is that the hot water dispenser had been used at one time for coffee so that coffee flavor permeated my tea. Also would like herbal tea options as well as black tea. Usual mediocre carb-heavy breakfast. Room was quiet.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
jessethibodaux, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
AdrianaKate,
Thanks for the helpful review. We rely on this useful information to continue to improve our Hotel. We’ve used this review as a “training opportunity” and notified our Breakfast staff to keep hot water dispensers separate from the coffee dispensers. No one wants coffee grinds in their tea. Please come back and visit us next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was my first experience staying at a Hampton Inn & Suite. I stayed one night and was pleased with the cleanliness, size of room & comfortable bed. About 3 am the AC starting making a banging sound but when I reported it to the Front Desk Manager, Jesse, I was compensated. The breakast was very good & the breakfast area was clean & large. I also liked that it was close to 95, restaurants & a drug store. I will stay here again next time I am in Jacksonville, as well as check other Hampton Inn & Suites out in other locations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dorothy G, Thanks for the kind words about our hotel. I’m so glad we were able to make a good first impression of the Hampton Inn Brand. Even though you had issues with your AC. I’m glad you were satisfied with our hotel. Please stop by next time you are in town.
Winter Park, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We are currently staying at this hotel for my spouse's business trip. We arrived late last night and I am already looking forward to returning home. Many of the aspects of the hotel are satisfactory, but there are a few big things that are making me wish I had gone to a Starwood hotel.

The air conditioning system is horrible! It is a window a/c unit, and last night it was so noisy we had to turn off the air just try and sleep. When the air is on the room still remains incredibly stuffy and humid. It is so bad that it has caused my hair to frizz up and made it unpleasant to breathe. The hallways leading to the rooms are just as stuffy and humid.

The next problem is with the beds. Although the sheets are nice and soft, the pillows and mattress are incredibly uncomfortable. This made it very hard to sleep and now my neck, shoulders, and back are very sore.

To top it off the smoke detector in the room makes this incessant high-pitched buzzing noise.

I do not usually stay with Hilton, but I thought I would give this one a try since it was in a more convenient location. After this trip I do not think I will be staying with them again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Andrea H
jessethibodaux, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville - Bartram Park, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Andrea H,
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I have worked with our maintenance team in attempts to correct both the air conditioner & smoke detector noise. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again.
Thank you.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is awesome. The room and bathroom was really nice, spacious and CLEAN! The beds were super comfortable. We didn't have a chance to eat the breakfast because we didn't wake up in time due to the beds being so comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. I will definitely stay here again when I come back to Jax. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Friant, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Hotel is located south of downtown Jacksonville and about a 40 minute drive from the airport without traffic. Good location with lots of restaurant choices. Enjoyed the Japanese Steak House near by. Has both teppenyaki and regular dinning, including sushi. Starbucks is only a couple blocks down the road and the hotel is right off the Hwy 95 exit. I noticed a few famies drove to Sea World in Orlando, about 2 1/2 hours away. The gentleman at the front desk is amazing, so friendly and memorizes everyone's first name so that he can great you when you return that evening. What a nice welcome after a long day! Only thing missing is the nice warm cookies in the evening that many of the Hamptons provide.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank LindaKayC
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Super clean, modern, awesome beds, free internet, free hot breakfast, plentiful parking, and friendly staff. The only very minor issue for me, which probably won't be an issue for most people, was that the hot breakfast wasn't low carb friendly. I was expecting eggs and some sort of breakfast meat to be on the buffet. However, the "hot" part of breakfast was half a bagel with a hint of egg and cheese on top. But if you're not trying to avoid carbs there are many delicious options....and besides, it's free! Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hotel is close to shopping and restaurants. Within 1 minute of I-95 and very easy access. Very nice area also. I booked pre-pay/no cancellation for only $65/nt. It was an excellent pre-cruise stay. Beds were comfortable and room was spotless. Typical continental breakfast, which was nice. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pre-pay/no cancellation is the best deal, but if you don't make it your just out $.