“Everything was okay, not great, just okay”

Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #69 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
St. Louis, MO
“Everything was okay, not great, just okay”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Upon checking in, the room had an odor. I found a spider on the wall in one of the bedrooms, scotch tape stuck to one wall, crumbs on the kitchen floor (underneath overhang of cabinets), top of refrigerator dusty and cobweb dangling from kitchen cabinet, outlets and light switches were dirty also. I told my husband that I wanted to go elsewhere, but he talked me out of it. The next day I left a $5.00 tip for housekeeper with a note that asked for detailed cleaning. There was no detailed cleaning done, in fact on her way out of our room she dropped two dirty hand towels on the floor (doesn't a person, especially a housekeeper turn around to give a final glance to her cleaned room). On consecutive housekeeping, crumbs were still not swept up. Also, the fireplace timer didn't work, you have to get down on the floor and remove the front plate and manually flip the switch to either on or off (by the way it looks like they have never vacuumed under there, there are papers, dust bunnies, etc). One final note, it was windy while we were here and the one bedroom window doesn't sit flush and you could here the windy blowing sounding like a train all night long. Toilet paper not replenished either (had to specifically ask the front desk twice during our stay). Everything else was okay, but housekeeping sucks! Never complained to mgmt about housekeeping (afraid she may clean the toilets with my toothbrush, just made a mental note not to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Florida
Reviewed June 22, 2009

This is the first Residence Inn I have stayed at. I usually stay at the other Marriott brands. I was very impressed with the hotel in all areas. The room was a good size, the area by the pool was very nice with chairs, sofas and fire pit. The breakfast was really good. The only problem I had was I had reserved a two bedroom suite (this was the only reason I chose this hotel). I called the hotel direct and was informed they had it and I would have no problem getting it. We were travelling as a large family and wanted to be together. When we checked in we were given two one bedroom suites. I spoke with the manager on duty the next morning and he gave us a large discount and was very apologetic. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dolphinfan200013
New York
Reviewed May 14, 2009

Newer style Residence Inn. Probably the best of RI in JAX (except for location). The hotel is close to airport which made it convenient for weekly travelers like me. Can't say enough good things about the staff. They were very friendly and made me feel welcome. The gym just got updated with new equipment.

The breakfast fare is your typical RI setup.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank bogeygolfer
South Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I traveled to to Jacksonville with my husband as a get away from the Pennsylvania winter. He had a conference to attend and my goal was to simply soak up as much sun as possible in the few days that we were there.

The staff is phenomenal, and that is in my opinion,what really matters first and foremost at any hotel anywhere in the world. It is easy to be nice and accommodating when things go well, but it is when things do not go well that the true character of management and staff come through.

That being said, we encountered a few issues here, all of which were handled with the utmost professional attitude. The first room we checked into had a broken TV. When we reported the problem, we were greeted with an apology and a new room.

Upon checking in, I noticed some construction going on by the pool. I asked if the pool was open and was told it was.

The next day I got all ready to go and sit by the pool when I noticed the noise and dust from the construction. The pool was unusable as the dust from the tile being cut was settling on the water. The noise was deafening.

I reported this to the manager and he offered to have the shuttle take me to the nearby Courtyard to use their pool. This was a nice gesture, but I was looking forward to being able to go back and forth to my room during the day.

In the end, manger arranged to move us to the Springhill Suites at the same rate. In the process of moving our stuff (I was alone because my husband was at his meeting) the executive housekeeper came by to see if I needed help.

The staff at this property was top notch and because of the way they handled everything I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this property.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
illinois
Reviewed December 1, 2008

This is a good hotel to stay in especially for families. The price was cheaper for us instead of getting two seperate rooms we got a two room suite. The hotel was nice and clean the breakfast was good. The problems I had were with the service from the front desk staff. I ended up being charged for a day I did not intend on paying for after verifying with the front desk clerk that I would not be charged for it. This caused me extra money I did not intend to spend and I ended up checking out of the hotel and going to another for my last night in town. I would say it is a good hotel to stay in but, be sure to get anything they say in writing and make sure you get a receipt that says what days you are paying for. The clerk the night I checked in did not give me a proper receipt that showed the days I was paying for and only gave me a receipt of my payment.

• Liked — cleanliness and breakfast
  • Disliked — front desk service
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank aujenkins
Gambrills, Maryland
Reviewed October 9, 2008

We were in town for Steelers/Jaguars game...Steelers Fans. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. We traveled with our two sons, eight and five and I have nothing bad to say. The staff was very nice and very helpful whenever I needed a question answered. Our room was ready early as I requested. The pool was nice for the kids. The room was clean and everything worked. We were 20 minutes from the stadium and three minutes from the airport. Breakfast was very good, my son was in heaven. I would stay again. Go Steelers! By the way...they won! Made the trip even better.

Stayed October 2008
Bethlehem, PA
Reviewed August 19, 2008

I stayed there for 5 nights due to business, and found this place great. I had my 9-yr old son with me and he liked it alot, which made my stay even better. The staff were very polite, and acted promptly whenever I and my son requested something. The staff during breakfast was also very kind. I would definitely stay there when I visit Jacksonville again.

• Liked — Great breakfast and social gathering.
  • Disliked — None.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)