“What really matters...”

Residence Inn Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #56 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I traveled to to Jacksonville with my husband as a get away from the Pennsylvania winter. He had a conference to attend and my goal was to simply soak up as much sun as possible in the few days that we were there.

The staff is phenomenal, and that is in my opinion,what really matters first and foremost at any hotel anywhere in the world. It is easy to be nice and accommodating when things go well, but it is when things do not go well that the true character of management and staff come through.

That being said, we encountered a few issues here, all of which were handled with the utmost professional attitude. The first room we checked into had a broken TV. When we reported the problem, we were greeted with an apology and a new room.

Upon checking in, I noticed some construction going on by the pool. I asked if the pool was open and was told it was.

The next day I got all ready to go and sit by the pool when I noticed the noise and dust from the construction. The pool was unusable as the dust from the tile being cut was settling on the water. The noise was deafening.

I reported this to the manager and he offered to have the shuttle take me to the nearby Courtyard to use their pool. This was a nice gesture, but I was looking forward to being able to go back and forth to my room during the day.

In the end, manger arranged to move us to the Springhill Suites at the same rate. In the process of moving our stuff (I was alone because my husband was at his meeting) the executive housekeeper came by to see if I needed help.

The staff at this property was top notch and because of the way they handled everything I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this property.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 1, 2008

This is a good hotel to stay in especially for families. The price was cheaper for us instead of getting two seperate rooms we got a two room suite. The hotel was nice and clean the breakfast was good. The problems I had were with the service from the front desk staff. I ended up being charged for a day I did not intend on paying for after verifying with the front desk clerk that I would not be charged for it. This caused me extra money I did not intend to spend and I ended up checking out of the hotel and going to another for my last night in town. I would say it is a good hotel to stay in but, be sure to get anything they say in writing and make sure you get a receipt that says what days you are paying for. The clerk the night I checked in did not give me a proper receipt that showed the days I was paying for and only gave me a receipt of my payment.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank aujenkins
Reviewed October 9, 2008

We were in town for Steelers/Jaguars game...Steelers Fans. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. We traveled with our two sons, eight and five and I have nothing bad to say. The staff was very nice and very helpful whenever I needed a question answered. Our room was ready early as I requested. The pool was nice for the kids. The room was clean and everything worked. We were 20 minutes from the stadium and three minutes from the airport. Breakfast was very good, my son was in heaven. I would stay again. Go Steelers! By the way...they won! Made the trip even better.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed August 19, 2008

I stayed there for 5 nights due to business, and found this place great. I had my 9-yr old son with me and he liked it alot, which made my stay even better. The staff were very polite, and acted promptly whenever I and my son requested something. The staff during breakfast was also very kind. I would definitely stay there when I visit Jacksonville again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2008

Good Airport Hotel close to 95 and services. This is my first experience with staying at a Suite hotel and I loved all the extra room and little extras in the room. Rooms are well maintained, carpeting looked brand new and everything was very clean. Great full breakfast in the morning. These run more $$ than regular hotels but great Pet Friendly option if you are a road traveler.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2006

What a great surprise! We stayed one night at the Residence Inn and enjoyed every minute of it. The property is in great condition and the staff is terrific. It is the nicest RI we've ever stayed in. The apartment layout was great, the decor beautiful and the beds were extremely comfortable. The breakfast was a step up from the usual "free deal". We will certainly go back!

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank Greataunt
Reviewed April 27, 2006

We were visiting friends on Amelia Island, but we needed a suite that wasn't totally overpriced. This motel was perfect. It's about 30 minutes from Amelia, and 5 minutes from the airport -- good location. It seems new enough and clean enough. And the suite was a real suite, with a separate bedroom, good refrigerator, and some cooking facilities. We were shocked by how good the breakfast was -- so good in fact that we skipped having brunch that day and saved lots of $$$$.

• Stayed: April 2006