“Great Place. Great Price”

Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites
Ranked #56 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Excellent hotel for the price.
Clean, sharp, modern. Flat screen tv. Basic amenities. European sized room but very adequate. Good wifi reception.
Close to airport and free shuttle included.
Did not stay for included breakfast but can say breakfast area is small.
Close to multiple shops and restaurants.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JTeruelJax
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and found our hotel a great value. All of our rooms were recently renovated less than a year ago and each room is equipped with microwave, refrigerator and 32" flat screen TV.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed one night here and for the money it is a good value. The room was small but clean and had a refrigerator and microwave squeezed into it. They offer a free airport shuttle 24/7 which we used to go back and forth and breakfast snacks in the morning. Service was fine. Only complaint was that after arriving on an 11:45pm flight, no one answered the phone when I called for the shuttle. Went outside and found a shuttle to drop us off however.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph A
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for writing a review and found our hotel to be a great value. We were recently renovated and all rooms are equipped with microwave and refrigerator. If you are in need of a bigger room, please consider our room with 2 Queen size beds or King bed. They are much bigger that our single Queen room.

Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I was commuting 175 miles to Jacksonville, FL, for a 6 month project and I needed a place to stay during the week. I tried several hotels, each one worse than the last. The week of Thanksgiving I actually walked out of a hotel after 5 minutes in the room, it was so bad. I needed to find another room posthaste and it was a holiday week on top of it all. That’s when I discovered Jacksonville Plaza Hotel and Suites. They had a vacancy at a very reasonable price. I was skeptical, of course, as I figure it would be like the rest of the hotels I had stayed in. But when I got there, the difference was apparent immediately. First, it’s a well-kept hotel, the grounds are lovely, there is a large pond on site with fish (there is a fish food dispenser in the lobby and benches near the pond), there are trees and paths around the pond, if you like your green space, this hotel has plenty of it. Once inside, the lobby is comfortable and nicely decorated and the front desk is right there. I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t like having to take a long walk through a hotel just to find the front desk. The personnel are always welcoming and proficient and they make check in a breeze. The hotel itself is three floors with one- and two-bed rooms. The rooms are styled for efficiency which is to say they have everything you need and nothing you don’t need. There aren’t dressers but there is a night stand with a drawer, there is a place to hang clothes with a large shelf above to store things, and a wide and deep storage space under the window like a bench. I was able to put both of my suitcases on this bench and open them for easy access. There is a microwave and a mid-sized mini fridge, a coffee maker with accoutrements, coffee, cream, etc…, a desk with outlets and a lamp, a flat screen TV, a cranking A/C-heater, comfortable bed with three large pillows (only hotel I've ever stayed in where I didn't wish I had brought my own pillow), an alarm clock and a phone. The bathrooms are large and clean with lots of counter top space, a hair dryer, plenty of towels, hand towels, wash clothes, and I have to say it’s been years since I stayed in a hotel where I would use their toiletries but this hotel has a terrific selection of shampoo, lotion, two kinds of soap (body and face). I would like to personally thank whoever chose those toiletries, they are definitely top notch. There are also vending and ice machines on every floor. And now for the closer – the free breakfast! It’s not your typical breakfast nook with a shelf displaying a few pre-packaged rolls and tiny juice cartons. It’s a spread where you can get a real breakfast. There are different kinds of hot and cold cereal, muffins, croissants, cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, several different kinds of juice in a fountain drink dispenser so you can have as much as you like, milk, coffee, a toaster oven, and there is café seating at tables and a breakfast bar with stools. Honestly there was so much to choose from, I don’t think I even tried everything there was to be had. It is truly amazing. In this era of cutting back, skimping, taking the cheap way, it’s really wonderful to see a business that knows the value of putting that extra effort into servicing their guests. And if there was anything they didn’t have, there is a humungous shopping area within a 5 minute drive of the hotel. When I say humungous, I bet if you took all the shopping centers in my small hometown and put them together, they would fit in the area of this shopping complex with room to spare. There is every kind of restaurant, fast food, gas station/service center, grocery, clothing and housewares outlets you can imagine, even a theater. The airport and I-95 are also within a 5 minute drive and the hotel offers a taxi service to anywhere you want to go. It just doesn’t get any more convenient than that. But above all, I have to say the hotel staff is terrific, always helpful, always friendly and always professional. It’s very apparent that the front desk staff, managers, cleaning/maintenance crew, everyone works hard to make your stay something enjoyable, something tranquil, something you will want to repeat. I actually looked forward to returning to the hotel in the evenings to relax and unwind, knowing that once I hit the parking lot, I had no more worries or concerns for the rest of the day. And I stay there every week for the next for the next 4 ½ months until my job was finished. So now, whenever I stay in Jacksonville in the future, I will absolutely stay at the Jacksonville Hotel and Suites. Whenever anyone asks me for a recommendation, I always recommend Jacksonville Plaza Hotel and Suites. Thank you all for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are in back and away from the parking lot. The elevators are in the middle...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank worldtraveler19666

WOW! What a detailed review! We thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review about the hotel and staff. It's always a pleasure to read positive feedback. We strive each day to deliver excellent service and make your stay enjoyable. We are very happy to hear that we accomplished our goal during your stay. Please know that your review will be shared to our team members. Thank you for recognizing our efforts!

Thank you for choosing the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very convenient and close to the airport. The shuttle was fast and friendly, we took it both from and to the airport and both times had great service. Our room was clean but small, somehow they managed to squeeze in a fridge, microwave and flat screen TV so we had everything we needed. The bed was comfortable and our room was nice and quiet for sleeping. The wifi worked great and although there wasn't a lot to choose from, breakfast was very convenient. There was a Denny's within walking distance and just around the corner was River City Marketplace where there was every restaurant and store you could ever want. If you want luxury this probably isn't the place for you, but for convenience and value it would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for writing a review. We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be a great value. We take pride in providing clean and comfortable rooms. We offer 3 room types that will suit your needs. Our King size bed rooms and 2 Queen bed rooms are much bigger than the Queen room. All rooms were recently renovated and equipped with a refrigerator, microwave and 32" flat screen TV.

Thank you for choosing the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We started staying at this hotel years ago and as time went by they kept renovating it, this used to be an old hotel from another chain and then they changed the beds, Carpets TV and everything in the rooms and then the whole hotel. It seems like their policy is to provide a clean and comfortable room at a good price. We get hotel coupons from rest stops but you can book it in advance. The people are always so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We have stayed in every type of room and they are all great!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

We appreciate your time writing this review. Repeat guest like you measures the level of our success in hospitality. We strive each day to provide the best value in town. Our hotel was recently renovated and we keep updating the soft goods in each room. We appreciate you recognizing our efforts.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites from March 17 to 20, 2014. The rates were great for about 40 dollars a night with free WiFi, free shuttle vans to and from the JAX airport, simple but adequate breakfast, and excellent daily room cleaning services. I was in Jacksonville attending a conference in the city center. However, I chose to stay at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, which is way cheaper than most of the hotels along the St. Johns River, and took the city bus (CT3) for a dollar fifty one way to get into the city. The commute was pretty fast, only about 25 minutes one way, and smooth, experiencing no traffic jam at all in those three days. But, the bus only runs once every hour, so check out the schedule in advance and be on time!

Overall, it was a very nice experience staying at the place. I definitely will consider staying there again next time being in that area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ray C

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you had a very pleasant stay. We pride ourselves to provide clean and comfortable accommodations at a very reasonable price. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of our breakfast and able to use our unlimited free wi-fi.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was extremely cheap compared to your Hilton's, Marriotts and whatnot but it definitely served it's purpose for our one night stay. We saw no need to waste over $100/night when we would only be lodging at the hotel for a few short hours given that we checked in extremely late. Staff was friendly and even allowed my spouse to park the car in the very front due to pregnancy. Yes, it was jammed and when I say there is no parking space, there is none and you have to make your own. Luckily, the female attendant that night let us park right next to handicapped spaces! The room was surprisingly clean and no signs of bugs or anything unpleasant. It was a decent stay considering the quality of the hotel. Besides the limited parking, no complaints.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for time writing a review. We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel a great value. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable accommodations at a very reasonable price and we are glad that we have accomplished this goal during your stay. There are times that parking can be difficult especially on a sold out night but our staff are 24 hours available to help you find a spot.

Thank you for choosing the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites! We look forward to see you very soon!