“Very clean, friendly”

Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites
Ranked #59 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We booked this hotel after reading the reviews here on tripadvisor. The hotel was clean and conveniently located near I-95. The hotel was also down the road from some shopping. The staff was courteous and helpful. For instance, I needed directions to a restaurant and the desk clerk printed them out so I didn't have to look it up. Very nice!! Would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2008

If you are looking for a cheap stay and don't care about the atmosphere or amenities then you might like this place. For a room with two double beds, it was about $66 including tax. The price might give you a little insight on what type of hotel it is. I only stayed here for the night. I flew in from DC and arrived much earlier than my friends who were flying in from Pittsburgh, so I had spent more time here than my friends. I was a little grossed out to spend a few hours by myself in the hotel. I didn't feel comfortable. The furniture was old and out of date. The sheets were a mint green color and the wall paper was out of date too. I had killed two bugs, during the few hours that I stayed there...a silverfish and a spider. Luckily, I brought a little travel pack of Clorox wipes, which I used to wipe things off, such as the desk, the sink, the t.v. remote, etc. The toilet didn't flush that well and clogged the first time that I had flushed it. When I told the hotel staff, they had taken care of it right away. The sheets had a few faint stains on them. I also try to take a peek at the matress when I go to a hotel to see if they are old or decent looking...the matress was pretty decent...not yellow or old looking, which made me feel a little better. This hotel is located in an area where there are a dozen other hotels. I was disappointed that my friend had booked this hotel and not any one of the others in the area. It seemed like this hotel was the only one that didn't have a pool. You could also tell that it wasn't one of the nicest in the area. There was a courtyard Marriott across the street that looked nice and new. I would have rather spent more money to stay there since we would have been splitting our hotel bill 4 ways. Take a look at my pictures to see what you think. Seriously, there were other known chain hotels around that I would consider before making a reservation here.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank kristy805
Reviewed April 26, 2008

This hotel was included in an Expedia package with a flight, so the additional cost was less than $100. I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was definitely "no frill," but the room and sleeping accommodations were clean and very comfortable.

The breakfast was more than ample - and the supplied hotel transportation on the mark.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good night's sleep - and conveniece to the J'Ville airport.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Noisefree
Reviewed April 4, 2008

The lady that claims she loved the size of the room is obviously being fecicious, because this was the tiniest hotel room I have ever been in my whole life and my husband and I do A LOT of traveling. Perhaps it's their way of preparing you for your cruise ship cabin because our cabin on the ship was BIGGER than their hotel room, I SWEAR to you, I'm NOT exaggerating. The hotel is very inexpensive and the staff was nice, but I'd never stay again - WAY too small.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2008

I chose this hotel because I needed to catch an early morning flight and because of the good rate of their park and fly package (free parking for 7 days). It is rather at the lower end, but I was surprised to find a refrigerator in the room. The bathtub did not drain, but this was only a minor problem. I got a shock in the morning when I noticed blood stains on the sheets, and then the tiny bed bugs crawling all over the pillows and sheets. Must have crushed one of those bloodsucking bugs. Took a long shower and got the hell out of there.

Stayed: March 2008
jpleah, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2008

We have yet to find any record of a complaint about insect activity in our hotel. We have made several attempts to contact the reviewer to no avail. It doesn’t seem possible that a guest wouldn’t have so much as mentioned such an issue to one of our staff members. The reviewer posted a review on this website under the pretense of helping out other travelers. If they are unwilling to let the property better understand and investigate the situation in hope of a resolution that would save another traveler grief; the post was made in vain. (See the letter as sent to the submitter below.)

To: trajectory
Sent on Apr 9, 2008

To whom it may concern:

We noticed a review that was posted on Tripadvisor concerning your stay with us. Since we have no record of any complaints in regard to the concerns you raised in your review, we appreciate your answering a few questions. What was the name the room was registered in, and which room number was it? We have a monthly pest control inspection and they have yet to find anything such as you described. If in fact such a problem exists it would save other guests from the same issue if we knew where to locate the problem. The cleanliness and comfort of our guests is our number 1 priority. Anything that would jeopardize guest satisfaction is a very serious matter, and all attempts will be made to remedy any possible pest situation.

Jacksonville Hotel Management

Reviewed March 7, 2008

I would not want to stay here for any extended period of time but for one night, it was perfect. I had a six AM flight out of JAX and this hotel was close to the airport, clean, safe. The room was small, but all I was doing was sleeping. Nice range of channels on the TV, nice strong shower. Free shuttle to the airport, give the front desk at least 20 minutes before you want shuttle to arrive. My only complaint: they have complimentary breakfast starting at 6, coffee, juice, muffins, the regular. Well, I had to be in the lobby at 4am and I couldn't even get a cup of coffee! They hadn't turned the machines on yet. I would have been willing to PAY for a cup of coffee at that point, how hard could it be for them to keep a pot brewing? I was one of six or so people in the lobby that morning, I'm sure I wasn't the only one wishing there was coffee.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2008

Well worth the low price - the room was stuffy because of a faulty a/c, but we were given a choice of other rooms as soon as we brought it to their attention. The new room was clean, fresh and comfortable. The continental breakfast was more then enough with bake goods, cereal, yogurt, juice, milk and fresh fruit. Their is new construction going on in the back, but this was the weekend with no work. Nearby is a huge mall of many stand alone big box and other retailers as well as a movie complex and some popular restaurants. The airportis only 5 minutes up the road. There is a $2.50 a day ammenities fee added tot he bill.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple