“Best value I have ever seen!”

Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites
Ranked #59 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I called the morning of my stay to get a room at the last minute and they could not have been nicer or more helpful. Given the low, low price, I did not expect much as I stay in hotels for a living. This is the best hotel deal I have ever seen, period. My room was like new, the main items I look for are a clean room, good water management--hot when it needs to be and strong enough to wash off the soap--and a comfortable bed. A+ on all three, and nice people to boot. A computer in the lobby was easily available and I was very pleased with every minute of my short stay. I would stay there again anytime if I had to. This is a really great place surrounded by much more expensive properties.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank RichardO946
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comment. We are happy to hear that you were very pleased with your stay with us and rated us with A+ on cleanliness, good water management and the comfortability of the bed. We will continue to do our best in providing guests with clean and comfortable accommodation at a very reasonable price.

We look forward to see you soon!

Thank you.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We arrived at 3 this am... Cars were everywhere. Were told to park in a neighboring lot.. Got checked in and settled by 3:30.. Room next to us you could hear the tv but after a 10 hour drive we still fell asleep.. At 7 am.. We were awakened to what sounded like a elephant running back and forth in the room above us.. I called front desk and asked if they could call and ask them to be quiet.. It didnt really help.. After Almost an hour and a half of constant stomping back and forth and once we were all wide awake after 3.5 hours of sleep it stopped..that being said it was worth it for the price and i would def stay again.. Room was clean and hotel looks updated...beds were comfy what little we slept and the value is great.....we pay a little over what it would cost to leave our car at port while on a cruise and got to sleep a few hours, shower, and leave our car for the week and they take us and pick us up from port and bring us back to our car...i am a clean freak and always read reveiws before i will stay anywhere.. If we ever cruise out of jaxport again will definately be a repeat customer of jacksonville suites..ill just ask for a top floor room if we will be a late check in again...

• Stayed: September 2012
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

We appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you had very little sleep because of inconsiderate guests. On the other hand, I'm glad to hear that we met your standards of cleanliness and comfortability of the beds.

We look forward to see you on your next cruise.

Thank you!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Basic hotel, clean, and a friendly staff. I booked that morning and was skeptical about staying there but once I got to the room I was pleased. It was not the biggest room but, it served its purpose. The room was clean and the hotel was close to the airport and the highway as well as restaurants. Easy check-in and it is not on the main road so it is quiet and you do not hear all the traffic nor people running up and down the hallways. I would definitly stay here again. I am in Jax at least once per month and I think this will be my hotel of choice for the future.

1  Thank thequeencole

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and happy to hear that you had a great stay with us.

We look forward to see you soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here the night before our cruise because they offered a shuttle package to the port. The hotel allows you to stay in your room until the shuttle picks you up, which is after their normal check-out time. Everything seemed very well organized as well. Another nice thing was all of the restaurants and stores around the corner. If you forget anything, there is a walmart and a shopping center right there. Definitely check this place out before spending alot more for the same thing at other nearby hotels!I apologize for brevity, I typed this review on my phone from my room.

1  Thank RStock521
Leah K, General Manager at Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

We are glad to hear that you had a great stay with us before your cruise and took advantage of our Save and Sail Package that allows you to park your car while you're on the cruise, roundtrip cruiseport transportation and a night stay before your cruise. We also give courtesy late check-out to guests that signed up for cruise pick-up passed check-out time.

Thank you and we hope to see you on your next cruise!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

It is very clean and quite. The staff there are like family. They help you any kind of way they can. With a smile. It's location is awesome. Not far from the airport and my Husband's work. I'm there Approx. once a month and I enjoy walking in saying HONEY I'M HOME. And they know me.
They really make me feel at home.

1  Thank Ray and Penny A

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests. We appreciate your nice comments and happy to hear that we always make your stay satisfactory.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Thank you!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I booked here during a driving trip north because of TripAdvisor ratings. While my single room was small it was very clean, had a new fridge and microwave and an immaculate bathroom. I was told all rooms have been remodeled recently and it sure shows!

At the $43 a nite room rate it was a great stay! Just a block or so off I95. Would definitely recommend and would also happily stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank dgpete

We appreciate your time writing this review. It's always nice to hear these positive comments!
Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located to a nice mall, popular restaurants and To St. Augustine! Our room was clean and newly renovated. We had everything we needed In the room. Loved the decor. Staff was very professional and friendly. Always feels good to be welcomed and treated well. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Be practical.