See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I was booked for 07/29/10*07-30/10----two nights---had intentions if I stayed to have an additional night---However, I was in a terrible car accident on 07/29/10***my gf called the hotel...she was not aware it was booked thru Hotel.com---an associate advised my friend that I would not be charged with 7/29 and for someone to call back on 07/30/10 if I couldn't make it...I started calling as soon as I was released from Shands in Jacksonville on 07/30/10--I was told by the Microtel that I needed to call the Hotel.com and Hotel.com said I needed to call the Inn....after multiple calls, a rep from Hotel.com named Vickie said that the hotel did not show any call in their system and besides, I booked thru Hotel.com...not the Inn so they were charging me for both nights...I asked for a supervisor..Paul finally came to the phone..after more than a 20 min hold time...he asked me to fax him my medical records from the Hospital...I told him I could give him details of my stay at the hosp. but he said that was not sufficient..he had to verify my medical records...I advised him this was not necessary...my personal medical records...----should not be necessary to get a refund on my Visa ....I was willing to send the ER report...the Dr.s name, the room number, but a supervisor at Hotel. com does not need my personal info..medical records for this matter...this is not legal....He informed me I did not call the right place, I did not cancel in the app. time allotment..and he was charging my card..btw...I was trying to cancel the 07/30/10 reservation all morning...and no one was listening..the manager..at the Microtel never took my call, nor returned it, to assist in this.
I have disputed the charges and did ask Paul for the corporate number for Hotel.com and he refused, said he could NOT give out the number----WOW.....so...to all of you looking at this location...in all fairness, I did not stay here...however, I hope you don't have any kind of problems...the customer service sucks...as well as with Hotel.com....

Date of stay: July 2010
1  Thank Susie1971
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I mistakenly made a reservation for Saturday instead of Sunday and they refused to refund the night I did not stay there. I DO realize it was MY mistake however they could have refunded the cost considering I stayed the following night. These are independently owed and corporate would do nothing. That said it really galls me that I had to pay 2 nights in this place. They told me they had to take the room out of booking that night. ( Like it was the last room left!! NOT!) I reasoned that there were plenty of rooms available and did it really mean that much to them to loose a loyal Microtel customer for $60.00, because I will not patronize a company that will not work with me considering I use them at least once a month. That being said I know this sound like sour grapes but the place was dingy. The showers were luke warm. Could not come close to hot water. This hotel looks a lot better from the outside than the inside. It has an old and musty smell. Hallways are dingy and even non smoking rooms have a lingering odor. Forget the breakfast of prepackaged crap..it was stale. ALWAYS read reviews before you book! I mistakenly thought all Microtels were good from past experiences I have had with them. Go somewhere else rather than this place.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Just for one night, no pool, no safe in room,but clean room

Date of stay: July 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2010

The hotel has been recently renovated, but certain areas like vending and stairwells are still outdated and eyesores. The room was recently renovated and slightly contemporary, but the bathroom was bland and not attractive. Tub was somewhat dirty and shower curtain about 12" too long. The shampoo/conditioner is a combined bottle and isn't very effective. My girlfriend and I stayed in a single queen non smoking room, although the room was only about 5 feet wider than the width of the bed. I would recommend two queens simply to avoid the claustrophobic feeling of the single queen. There was also a tinted wall-length mirror on the wall that gave the feeling we were being watched (why wasn't it just a normal mirror!?). Our keys stopped working after the first day of our stay (someone else had the same problem while we were at the front desk checking in) and we had to get new ones before we could get in for the night.

The hallways smelled like cigarette smoke and occasionally a combination of cigarettes and weed. I paid for a non-smoking room, although I was annoyed and somewhat offended that I had to pay several dollars more for a non-smoking room instead of a smoking room. The location is nice - about 2 blocks from Butler Blvd. The hotel is about a 2 min walk from Applebees.

The listing on hotels.com said that a refrigerator was available upon request at check-in. I requested this during check-in and was told that I would have to pay extra. I explained that hotels.com did not mention additional fees and that I was told to simply request it during check-in. The lady said she couldn't offer it but would call the manager. She called the manager on the phone and he said that I could not receive a complementary upgrade to a room with a fridge, nor could I pay the difference in room prices in person. I was told that if I wanted a fridge I would have to go onto hotels.com, cancel the reservation, and then re-book it, with a fridge, at the front desk. I expressed my frustration and told her I wasn't going to cancel and rebook in the lobby. I then asked for additional ice buckets, which were provided without issue.

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jacisme
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Very friendly manager greeted us when checking in.
Room was clean. Beds very comfortable with pillow-top mattresses. Flat Screen TV. Lighting above the bed was the best for reading. Free national calls. Bathroom was clean, fresh towels available every day, if required. Continental breakfast. Coffee available 24/7.
Hotel was conveniently situated to visit beaches, St Augustine, St George's Island and other interesting places.
Liked the friendly staff.
Didn't like that I could not get on the hotel's Wireless Internet - it could have been a problem if I was not able to access internet through another unsecured site.

Date of stay: March 2010