“terrible business practice”

Ecomotion Segway Tours
Ranked #9 of 37 Tours in Jacksonville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a unique walking tour of a Sea Island Cotton Plantation Kingsley Plantation is a famous plantation from Spanish Colonial times. It features many original structures, hand-made of the oyster shells from pre-historic Indian shell mounds. Guests have the unique opportunity to explore this early 1800’s waterfront site with local experts specially authorized by The National Park Service. Near-by to Amelia Island and Jacksonville, you’ll enjoy a natural ecosystem where turtles dig, dolphins swim, and seabirds soar. Photograph one of the last unspoiled expanses of saltwater wetlands on the entire Atlantic Coast. Morning and afternoon tours available, every day, all year long. For information/reservations, call us or visit our website. We operate tours every month of the year. Tours are arranged by Reservation only, with 24hour advance notice. Our 1 ½ hour walking tours are customized for all ages and mobility levels. • Times:* Morning Tour: 10-11:30AM; Afternoon Tour: 2-3:30PM *Custom tour times also available • Group Tours: Private group tours can be pre-arranged for corporate groups, bus tours, family reunions, and other special events. Group size capacity: up to 50 per tour. • Tour Location: Kingsley Plantation, Fort George Island Park
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“terrible business practice”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I called them on Friday and made reservations for the following Tuesday. I drove 40 minutes with my family and arrived at the location of the tour on Tuesday afternoon. There was no one in sight. I called them again, and the same lady I spoke to on Friday said "Oh we retired the business of segways!" No apology, no advance notice not to show up, nothing. Horrible business practice, no surprise they went out of business. I immediately called my credit card company, convinced I've been a victim of a scam. I hope they do not charge my credit card. I was promised by my bank that I would be insured against any fraudulent activity.

Visited April 2014
12 Thank Laura H

Fort Wayne, Indiana
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Good time”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We did the Segway tour to the beach on Fort George Island. It was a great time. The guides happened to to be the owners on the day we went and told us a brief history of the company. We had a short training period on how to mount, steer, and ride the Segway. They are really quite simple. We were supplied with a hearing device so everyone could hear what was being pointed out the trail. The guides knew the area and talked about the history and points of interest during the trip. When we were finished with the tour, we had the opportunity to ride the Segway in an open field. It was great fun to race up and down the field.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank explore38
Avon, Connecticut
“Worth the drive from Amelia Island! Fun!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was on a business trip, and wanted to break away from the conference rooms, do something fun, outside, and different. I was turned into EcoMotion Segway tours, booked a tour, LOVED IT! So nice to get outside! The guides were fantastic! Donna and Nick! From beginning to end, perfect hour and a half outside of meetings! Thanks guys! I will be back!!!!

Visited February 2014
Central IL
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent must do activity”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Never been on a Segway before and we were headed into a national park for a two hour tour---yes we are adventure seekers, or just crazy old people! What a great ride....the owner was actually present to start us off and we had two guides with us that were very informative and easy to listen to. The trip took a break at the Kingsley Plantation about halfway thru where we could also tour the buildings made of shells, visit a bookstore and take pics if beautiful river way that bordered the property. The tour finished up with another trek thru the park, tortoise sightings and ending with some free time to play on the Segways. Quality equipment, guides and fun memory....just do it!!!

Wilbraham, Massachusetts
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Nice staff - so, so ride”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We segwayed the Fort Geroge State Park. The guide was fun and the portable listening devices were handy. It was on a path thru the woods to the water. We saw a gopher turtle. It was nice, but kinda blah. They did a very good job of training the beginners on the segway. It was good and I'm glad I did it. But probably wouldn't do it again. Not much to see.

Visited March 2014