“Very good hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows
Ranked #27 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed December 11, 2010

Newish hotel convenient for main routes, yet quiet for sleeping. Excellent staff on reception desk. Free internet in lobby. Pleasant pool area (shame it wasn`t heated tho`).
IHOP next door and Red Lobster a couple of minutes walk away. If you`re in the area, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mabbsy
Sam-GeneralMgr, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2010

Dear Mabbsy,
Thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton for your stay in Jacksonville. We are very proud of your comments about our staff particularly. I feel like our team and their support in providing simple and uncomplicated stays is our biggest asset. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 28, 2010

The hotel location is very convenient as it's very close to the highways bringing you to the center of Jacksonville or in the orthogonal direction towards the see. At a small distance (by car) from the hotel, you can find all you may need.
The hotel personal is always smiling, greeting and attentive to the need you may have.
The hotel room is spacious even though not huge, cleanness is good, wireless internet as it should be: included in the price, fast, easy.
Breakfast is OK, and if you do not have it included in your room price, you can anyway have a coffee and fresh fruit.
There's a nice pool outside and lots of free parking place around the hotel building.
The only drawback are the hotel room doors. Basically it doesn't look like you have a door at all: all the movements (steps, doors closing, chatting) happening in the corridor, you feel/hear them as if your room's mate were doing the same thing.
I'd say the hotel is very good w.r.t. ratio what you get/what you pay, but of course do not expect luxury ...

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank girante_ugo
Sam-GeneralMgr, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

Dear girante_ugo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Four Points Sheraton Jacksonville. The staff and I always appreciate to hear our guest's experience first hand. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to town.

Reviewed November 22, 2010

Stay was very friendly and always helpful.
Rooms are clean, very nice size.
Hotel is convienant to I-95. downtown Jacksonville and plenty of shopping and dinning out.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends

Dear BigSexy1120,

Thank you for your comments. The staff will be happy to know that you were pleased with your stay here.

Reviewed November 18, 2010

Overall I liked this hotel. It looked very clean and bright.

Check in
No problems that had both of our rooms ready. They also had me on the SPG floor as I have status with the hotel.

Room
The room was very nice and in good condition. It was bright and looked fairly new. I liked the sort of funky design. One thing that was a bit weird was the desk was a roll out so the TV was right in front of your face.

Bed
The bed was OK. I don't think it was a sweet sleeper. The pillows I thought were way too soft.

TV
I hate Lodgenet but they did have a flat screen LCD TV. The channels were average. I think there were about 20 of them.

Bathroom
Kind of a cool bath room. If you have a problem with your spouse seeing you shower while you get ready this isn't your place. The wall is a large piece of glass. Also I didn't have a anywhere in my shower to put my soap except the floor. There were no shelves in the shower.

Internet
It was free and kind of slow. I know it gets worse when everyone gets on after work and in the morning.

Breakfast
They do have a pay breakfast in the morning. It was a regular average buffet breakfast. I had a problem with the waitress. She had an attitude and was happy to give it out.

Bar
They had a bar in the lobby. It was stocked better than I would expect for a hotel lobby bar.

Checkout
No problems. The front desk girl was very pleasant when I told her they didn't have any shelves in the shower.

Overall I was happy. I liked the staff, except the waitress at breakfast. The hotel was nice and I'll return if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Dear ktscott01,

It's great to know that such a seasoned traveler chose to stay with us at the Four Points Jacksonville! We really appreciate all of your comments, good and bad, as they will assist us in continually improving ourselves. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 5, 2010

I always enjoy my stay at a Four Points and usually seek it out, if available. The hotel was very clean, the room was superb. The free wireless was a huge asset. The arrival area is very nice and welcoming. The staff was very friendly as well. There is a small bar with a breakfast service (for a fee) and there is also a small business area in the lobby that provides two computers and a printer. Overall, it was a great experience and I would recommend to anyone traveling in the area.

It is a short drive to many places to eat. There is an IHOP very close as well as a McDonalds. Parking was never too full and the pool is beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jpratt72
Sam-GeneralMgr, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2010

Dear Jpratt72,

Thank you for your loyalty to our Jacksonville Four Points. We hope that you'll be returing to town soon and that you will again "seek us out". Many thanks on such a wonderful review!

Reviewed November 4, 2010

This was my first stay at a Four Points by Sheraton hotel, and I was very pleased.

The check-in staff was very friendly, making us feel welcome.

We found the room to be spacious, with lots of little details that really made it especially comfortable:
--shower curtain rod that curves out (this is one of my favorite hotel features)
--nice bath amenities
--spacious bench to put luggage on with hooks above it for hanging items
--free wifi in the rooms
--nice desk area if you were there on business
--air conditioner that got the room nice and cold
--wonderful beds
--nice, large flat screen TV
--tray table (presumably to use a laptop while in the chair)

I would definitely return to this hotel if I'm in the Jacksonville area again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
SamFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear ead979,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really enjoyed having you as a guest and hope that you'll be back soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2010

This was our first time in Florida and we chose this hotel not knowing much about it. Looked at the reviews for it, and the positive reviews to be true when we stayed there.

Nice place in dead not old and very clean. Staff was very nice. They even mailed a shirt back to me that I forgot there. It was given to me by my daughter, which means a lot to me.

This was not only a vacation, but also a honey moon. Married over 21 years and we wanted to have fun.

Thank you very much to the staff at this hotel!

Hotel is only 20 minuets from the Jacksonville beach. Very easy to get two.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Sam-GeneralMgr, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2010

Dear Shawntmac,
Thank you for your review. The staff is always eager to read new comments and your kind words will be much appreciated. The Four Points by Sheraton is just over 1 year old and the only one in Jacksonville. We hope that you will return soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville JTB / Deerwood Park
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
Candlewood Suites Jacksonville
#49 of 133 in Jacksonville
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Sonesta ES Suites Jacksonville
Sonesta ES Suites Jacksonville
#40 of 133 in Jacksonville

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows? Share your experiences!