“My Saturday night stay”

Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows
Ranked #28 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
“My Saturday night stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel is very nice and clean, the staff is friendly, whoever the walls are paper thin. During my stay kids were running up and down the hall with their parents screaming and yelling at 12:30 in the morning. It was hard to get any sleep all night long.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SamFourPointsGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Carolina S,

We had spoken on Monday in regards to your experience over the weekend. I would just like to again apologize for the noise issues during your stay. When you contacted our front desk in regards to the disturbance, she did respond promptly, trying to resolve the issue. We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and we hope that you consider giving our property a second chance in your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for just 1 night. I must say everything was clean, very nice decor, beds and amenities. The only con here is the breakfast lady (blonde). We went down to have breakfast and even after we discover that was not free we decided to pay ($7 each for just an omelette), but we didn't because the lady had bad attitude I guess she though that she was doing a favor to us, bah. They need to replace her she's rude to work with customers.

Room Tip: Don't pay their breakfast down the street you have McDonald's $10 breakfast for 2
1 Thank Da_Gre13
SamFourPointsGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Da_Gre13,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A comfortable stay is what we strive for.
Id like to apologize for the experience you had with the waitress. I’m sure she meant no disrespect. There may have been a bit of a language barrier in which communication may have seemed crude. I assure you she is a very amicable employee.

If you order the breakfast buffet you get the hot breakfast for only $8.00! This includes Belgian waffles, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, home-style potatoes, biscuits and gravy, fruits, yogurt, 4 breakfast breads, and eggs cooked any style you would like.

We hope for the future you take full advantage of our delicious buffet.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My fiancé recently started orientation at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville and it's been a bit of a whirlwind. I've been hoping something would just be easy for her with all of the technical and medical stuff she has to deal with all day. Thank GOD for the staff here at the FOUR POINTS hotel. I've never personally signed on to trip advisor but people like Becky and Wade make me want to. Since I walked in the door they have relieved so much of my stress just by being incredibly thoughtful, caring and attentive. Becky who greeted me at the entrance was smart, polite and had an incredibly warm and friendly smile. Wade is THE MAN if you've had a rough day, he was manning the hotel bar that night an was right on point and cool as hell. My fiance and I will be here for days so I'm psyched to have such a smart and fun staff. WADE + BECKY 10 out of 10 0 If you have to choose a hotel, I hope you'll consider my humble review and stay here. There is NO WAY you could regret the staff. And guess what? The room was FLAWLESS. THe bathroom a STARK White, Crisp, Clean, Perfect dream. The beds? Folded to perfection. The furniture? Clean, stylish, well taken care of. My first thought when I first walked in. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH (refreshing and clean and DAMN STYLISH!!!! They have the coolest windows in the bathroom door. Picture a submarine door, there is a circular piece of glass like that with a nice big metal handle. It's not a submarine door but for a second you have to smile. Of course the flat screen was standard and well, we're both really happy with the place!!!

Room Tip: There is no spa and I have not yet had the breakfast!! I just didn't know how to not rate them b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SamFourPointsGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Jeff L ,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. I’m sure Becky and Wade will be very happy to hear how they were able to turn you day around. I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your stay! Our room décor is designed to make you feel right at home, with a modern twist of course. Next visit we recommend you try our breakfast, its buffett style. Our chef will cook you eggs any way you like! We look forward to seeing you and your fiancé again in the future. Perhaps for a honeymoon stay?
We wish you both the very best!
Sacramento, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel is not all that bad but the staff is just not right for this job. Other staff members are not rude but just hardly doing their job however, Wade at the front desk is the rudest person I have ever seen. I just asked him that my wifi is slow in my room his reply was "what else do you want for free?" Free? I said I don't appreciate that attitude he said "who cares, I don't like you" then he added "do you guys complain everywhere you go?" We were just stunned. Never been through anything like this before.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Devinder B
SamFourPointsGM, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Devinder B,

I want to say how sorry we are that you felt less then valued as a guest. I was quite shocked when I read your email and the review about the behavior of Wade as it is widely out of his character. We hear nothing but compliments about Wade typically. We take great pride in our customer service and were recently given an award from Starwood Hotels & Resorts as the Four Points “Hotel of the Year” based on our service scores. When we showed your review to Wade he was surprised that the conversation between you two was interpreted this way. He apologized that you felt disappointed by our team. He did not mean any offense and although the topics of conversations he agreed took place, he felt that the description of his attitude towards you was described with added context and re-worded to sound inappropriate.

The WIFI slowdown is something we are actively working with our IT support team to correct. We have 54 MBPS high-speed WIFI through Comcast; however, it has been designed to handle laptops, not tablet and phones in multitude. As you know, those devices stay connected pretty much constantly and tie up the bandwidth causing slowdown. We have added several WIFI routers, but Comcast cannot offer any further solution to this issue currently. Our personal IT is looking at a timed, log-off system which would keep from leaving a person logged on 24 hours out of the day. We are doing everything within our power to correct this issue.

Again we do apologize and hope that you may consider us in the future
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice, in Feb and in June 2013. Would recommend to anyone. Quiet, clean, roomy, pool is great, right next door to an IHOP. The only thing I think is off, and is my own opinion is the velux blankets. Seems outdated and odd to me. Could use some nice down blankets like other hotels use. Very nice, will choose it again. :)

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Tara W,

We are happy to see we made such a good impression! We enjoy seeing familiar faces! The rooms are nice and peaceful to ensure you have the most relaxing stay! I’m not sure if you had the opportunity to try our breakfast during your stay, but upon your next trip I recommend you try our hot breakfast buffet with eggs cooked to order. Our location is conveniently nearby many restaurants and only a half a mile from I-95.
We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy our duvet blanket but we do appreciate your suggestions on this matter. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Take care!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

The WiFi didn't work the entire time we stayed there. The beds were the worst. Old creaky, the sheets didn't fit properly. I woke up at 3:15am to find all the sheets and blankets off the bed. I had to ask for a box of tissues and was told that they were not part of the "green program" The rooms look dated and are dark and dreary.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SamFourPointsGM, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Baymeadows, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Deeder777,
I'm sorry you seemed disappointed in your stay. It is untrue that we no longer supply guest rooms with tissue boxes. When you choose to opt in to the "Make a Green Choice Program" at check in, you are agreeing to receive either a $5 voucher for Food & Beverage or 250 SPG points by not having housekeeping service your room. If you run out of anything, housekeeping would not be aware and you would need to request that item from the front desk. When you called down upset about your box of tissues being out, it was explained that it was not changed out because housekeeping did not enter your room. We supplied one right away after your call.
Our hotel just celebrated it's 4 year birthday, and at 4 years, I'm surprised you found anything dated in our décor or set up. Some say our style is too clean and contemporary. I hope that you'll stay with us again when you return to Jacksonville.
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for 4 weeks, and I was very impressed by all of the staff. Everyone was very friendly and attentive to my needs. They combined to make my lengthy stay as comfortable as possible and I appreciated that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Devon O,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Four Points Jacksonville Baymeadows with TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you chose our property during your 4 week stay in Jacksonville. We thoroughly enjoyed having you and hope that you'll return soon. Take care and happy travels!