“Good bet for overnight stay with pets.”

Aloft Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #69 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Hip, trendy Euro decor and setup...real close to I95, free Wi-fi and best of all Pet Friendly!!! My partner and I were traveling with pets and needed a pet friendly place to stay. An online search pulled up the Aloft. After giving a call a room was had for little over a $100 and no extra charges for pets. Room was clean, with coffee maker in the room and available downstairs in the lobby during the morning. For an overnight stay I don't believe anything else was needed nor desired. I will definitely keep it in mind for my next trip through Jacksonville.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin C
There are newer reviews for Aloft Jacksonville Airport

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Not the fanciest hotel, but they don't claim to be, so no problem. Had an issue with the floor of the bathroom being sticky with what was obviously candy (also some on the carpet), but they quickly tried to clean it while we were across the street shopping (not totally successful getting it all up). Great location to restaurants and large shopping area. Looks pretty much like the online pictures. Used the gym, adequate but I was happy to see "gym wipes" for the equipment :)

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed here for a quick overnight before my flight out. I had never stayed at an Aloft before, but while it may not be my style, I found the room clean, comfortable, and adequate. The staff was friendly and I enjoyed the bar area.

This hotel had easy access to the airport and fit the bill for the quick few hours of sleep that I required.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Andrew J,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your first Aloft experience and so happy that it was shared with us. We hope that you will keep us in mind when planning your next trip. Take care.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Love the convenience of having a nice variety of restaurants close by, a shuttle and close to the airport. I was pleasantly surprised upon entering the room, cool set-up with modern furnishings... then I set my bag down on bench under the TV. There were odd stains that I can only imagine where they may have come from in several key places on the bench - GROSS!!!! I strongly suggest management take a good look at the benches in the rooms with a black light, rubber gloves and strong sanitation supplies.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Maureen1771
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after a late arriving flight from NYC. We have found it better value and more convenient to do this than drive to st Augustine at 1am. This is the third jax airport hotel we have stayed in. It was the most modern, best looking hotel. However I didn't like that when we arrived the doors were locked and no-one was on reception to let us in. I had to call the hotel number from our cell phone and luckily someone then came to open the door and check us in. The morning staff were much more friendly and helpful, even heating up our muffins for us. I would have rated higher had the welcome been as nice as departure! Rooms were fine.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was completely grossed out by the cleanliness of this hotel. I stayed in room 308 and there appeared to be seaman stains on the furniture under the tv. I travel a lot any there are certain hotels where you sleep with your socks on. This is one of those places. A shame for a Starwood property. The next time I see the CEO of Starwood on cnbc I will think of the stains and wonder if he really knows about this.

1  Thank John D
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you for your review. Your comments have been immediately reviewed by our team and the stains on the furniture under the television are paint stains. Cleanliness is extremely important to us and so we apologize for this confusion. We hope that you will give us another try in the future. Take care.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I like Aloft Hotels. This one is in an up an coming area. Lots of things to do and places to eat. Very close to the airport but little airport noise. The workout room was nice. The wxyz bar and staff were great. The meeting room was nice and the staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the back parking lot. Quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear mo h,

Thank you for your review and feedback. It is great to hear that you had a relaxing stay. We will make sure to communicate your positive comments to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future! Take care.