“best location in jax airport area”

Aloft Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #72 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I95 exit 363 duval rd east and hotel is on the left. hotel is rather new with the surrounding area still under construction, but noise free! arrived at 1pm and the girl at the check in was mumbling something like "too early, check in starts at 3..." which is a bit weird for an airport hotel. nevertheless after checkin here and there we got our room. aloft appears refreshing, modern and young with colours and music around. so does the room with a new and different layout like the "normal" kind of hotelroom, all visually appealing. room has coffee-tea facilities, a fridge, a safe, wall mounted flatscreen and 2queens. there is a open bar connected to the lobby with a pool table. the outdoor pool is quite large and clean. aloft is really cool, but the best is its location with many restaurants, shopping and walmart across the street and within easy walking distance. chili's grill and bar is about 10min walk, but always worth the detour. marshall's and ross are also around the corner. I'd always stay here again because it's location and it's easy access to I95.

Room Tip: room with lake view is great
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
M_Cartin, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear griswolds09, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you were happy with the location and amenities of the Aloft Jakcsonville Airport hotel. We appreciate your feedback regarding the check-in time. We hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Aloft near the Jacksonville airport. The hotel was very nice. Simple and clean. The room was very nice and comfortable, and the pool was awesome!
Now for the cons (of which there is only one). There is a little bar in the hotel lobby with access to an outside sitting area for the smokers. The bar closes at midnight, but the on the night we stayed, the patrons were outside being extremely loud and obnoxious until THREE THIRTY IN THE MORNING! Thankfully, my kids slept through it, but my wife and I were not so fortunate. Admittedly, I did not call down to the lobby to complain because the patrons appeared to be friends with the staff, and quite frankly, if they didn't find anything wrong with their behavior enough to quiet them down, then I don't believe a complaint from an out-of-towner would have made much difference. That's too bad because everything else about the hotel was very good, but this was enough to ensure that my family and I will never stay there again, and I will make sure everyone I know avoids it, too.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review RMC62970. We are glad you liked our hotel and the amenities we have to offer. We apologize for the disturbance during your stay and appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Spent the night at the Aloft near the Jacksonville, Florida airport on my drive out of Florida. Love this chain of hotels. The rooms are spacious, comfy, funky and have very fast internet. The water pressure in the shower is better than my home. The location is by stores, restaurants, just off of I-95 and if needed the airport. It had everything I needed to be comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CathyF252
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hi cld514,

Thanks for choosing us for your recent visit through Jacksonville! We're glad you enjoy staying with Aloft Hotels and that your experience with Aloft Jacksonville Airport met your expectations.

We appreciate the kind words and hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel is a pet friendly hotel. Good for pets but not for this guest. The room I stayed in apparently had a pet in there prior to me so I ended up with flea bites all over my feet and legs fter waking up with stingy bites in the middle of the night. I advised hotel manager and was told that they do the best they can to control the situation with pets at the hotel and he recommended I make sure to check before booking a hotel whether it is pet friendly and to beware! I was not impressed either with the room, the bathroom tile was old, furniture old, even the furniture in the lobby is worn out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank cld514
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here over night before our flight out. The rooms were very nice and the bed was comfortable. The staff at reception was friendly and helpful. It's nice that you can leave you vehicle there for 7 days for free if you're traveling like were were. The shuttle was on time and the driver was friendly and engaging. We will definitely stay here again if we fly out of Jacksonville.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Hi Jhicken77,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us - we're happy you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay! Glad to hear that you found our staff to be accommodating, and that our free parking and shuttle service helped make your travels more convenient.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

we stayed while on our way to camp at anastasia state park in st.augustine. we arrived late afternoon after a long drive from toronto. the hotel has a heated out door pool, free parking, free wifi, a great gym, small bar and offers breakfast at a very reasonable price. we could taste the love in zel's breakfast sandwiches and brittany showed a lot of passion when describing our options and directing us to the pool and fitness centre. the rooms are great. simple and functional. kinda like a less expensive W. i think it is great and will bet it has better decor and rooms then other higher price old school hotels in the centre of jacksonville. there is a mall of some sort within walking distance as well as restaurant chains. we ate a sushi joint across the street and it was ok. i am a preferred guest with starwoods and this was my first stay at aloft. i will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: reserve on line even from the hotel lobby from the hotel web site and get the best deal!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Hi Maw11,

Thanks for choosing Aloft Jacksonville Airport on your way from Toronto to your camping trip. We're happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our amenities and unique style. We're glad you'll be returning and look forward to your return! Thanks for sharing your comments with us, and with future guests.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have stayed here twice on our journeys between New York and Delray Beach. I will definitely stay here again on the way North. Why? The rooms are so comfortable and quiet. They have a refrigerator and a freezer. The staff is fantastic, including housekeeping. We like the Aloft concept with the hotel lobby being a place to truly hang out if one wants (pool table, great bar, snacks and healthy food at reasonable prices). The surrounding area has a multitude of shops and restaurants, granted they are all big chains. Last but not least, we travel with our dog who is greeted with treats, a toy and a nice bed. I highly recommend this hotel if you want a bit something unique.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Hi woodylimes,

We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us when traveling to Delray Beach, and that you enjoyed Aloft's unique style and social atmosphere. We're also glad you brought your pup and that he received a warm welcome too!

Thanks for sharing these comments with us, and we look forward to seeing you again on your way home.