“Great Property for a Quick Overnight Before Flight”

Aloft Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #72 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I spent two nights at this property. The hotel is laid out just like all the other aloft properties available worldwide. It is located within a 10 - 15 ride to airport and within a newly development shopping district. There are quite a few shopping and dining options within walking and 1 mile car ride.

Checkin was quick and efficient. My room was located on the 5th floor, so it was very quiet. The room did seem like it had been used far more than the age of the hotel. Could probably just use a little deeper clean of the walls and fresh paint.

The only issue I encountered with the room was the inroom safe was not functioning properly. Not a major issue, so I just reported it upon checkout.

If you are looking for a quick stay close to airport, then I would recommend. If you are in town for multi days, then this not be the property given the limited amenities.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hi Lv2CtheWorld,

Thank you for your recent stay, and for sharing this great feedback! We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our location convenient and check-in process efficient. Sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced with your in-room safe, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can make sure this gets fixed.

Thanks again for your stay, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Jacksonville!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Things seemed nice until we opened the door to our room, the walls had been colored on from corner to corner and there were scratch marks that matched. seemed like housekeeping is not the best because our bathroom floor had dog food all over it and i found nasty hair in our shower. After these discoveries I was not comfortable at all the entire time we were here. It was unfortunate because this could have been a great place but looks like its gone downhill in a really gross way.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Hi Liz B,
So sorry to hear about the cleanliness issues you experienced while staying with us. This is not our standard and we will make sure to address these issues internally. We take these concerns seriously and appreciate you sharing this critical feedback on how we can improve.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The concierge was very helpful and the check-in process was easy. This was my first Aloft experience so I really wasn't sure what to expect. They said the building was fairly new and from the lobby I would agree, but my room seemed worn. The wood had puckered on the tables and the ceiling was unfinished. The phone had not been dusted since installation and the coffee pot was missing. the refrigeration was off it's base and slid off when I opened it. The A/C was awesome... don't change a thing! The toilet handle would get stuck and continue to run unless I manually lifted the outside handle to the upward position. The comforter was lumpy & the pillows weren't comfortable. This might just be an Aloft trend, but I didn't like coming down to the lobby for ice. The airport shuttle is complimentary and prompt. The hotel is literally within walking distance of several restaurants. If you would like extra exercise you could walk across the street to the shopping center. If you don't want the extra exercise, the hotel shuttle will take you. It wasn't a horrible hotel, but I wasn't wowed either. This was a last minute decision and it served it's purpose, but I will definitely consider other hotel options before booking another Aloft hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back face the lake.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hi MingLuv84,

Thanks for your comments on your recent Aloft stay. We're glad you enjoyed our service, location and amenities. Sorry to hear about the maintenance issues you experienced in your guestroom - this is not our standard and we will work internally to identify and correct these problems. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to impress you!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the same hotel as the W. Very trendy place. Postmodern rooms with very comfortable beds. Stayed here with the kids but it would be a great place to take the wife without them. We've stayed at a couple of Ws in the past and although Aloft is not quite as nice, it's definitely worth the stay. We will stay here again. It's next to great shopping off of Duval St. We stop in Jacksonville every couple of months on this exit. Good place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Hi Thomasja37,

We're so happy you enjoyed your recent Aloft stay! Thanks so much for sharing these nice comments with us. We'd love to be your home-away-from-home whenever you're passing through Jacksonville, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Part of the SPG chain (Westin ,Sheraton) rooms are small but very modern decor and pets stay for free. right off I-95, within walking distance of panda express and pollo tropical and across from an extensive shopping center. My only complaint is checking in late at night I had to wait about 5 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Hello BethNCSU,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this feedback. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient. We apologize for the wait you experienced at check-in and appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can make sure to avoid this in the future.

Come back soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Aloft for an overnight stay on our way down to the Keys. We loved the fact that we could bring our dog into the room with us. The hotel was very modern and different (in a good way) from any other hotel we have stayed in. The front desk clerk was very welcoming and didn't flinch when I told him that we had a dog with us. To clarify, dogs under 40 lbs are allowed at the Aloft, but I wasn't sure if they really enjoyed having dogs brought into the hotel! The room was very modern and my teenage kids really liked it, although the glass shower door (which other reviewers have mentioned) doesn't close completely which meant water went onto the floor when you're showering and there is a panel of white translucent glass between the shower and the room, so those in the room can see your outline while you're showering. I should clarify that the translucent glass from the shower is not in the center of the room, and more in the corner of the room. I asked for extra pillows as there were only two pillows on each bed-one for each person. I was told they didn't have any extra pillows and there were no extras in the room. I ended up sleeping with my jacket balled up under the one pillow. We got a great AAA rate for the night which included breakfast. The hotel does not have a restaurant. We were given vouchers to use in their "grab 'n go" food area. They did have hot breakfast sandwiches that were made to order, along with some healthier choices and baked goods. We all agreed that the food they offered was much better than the standard free continental breakfast you receive at many hotels. We would definitely stay here again if traveling through the Jacksonville area!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hi pilatesgirl,

Thank you for you recent stay, and for sharing your feedback with us! We're thrilled that your family (including your dog!) enjoyed your time here and that our staff made you feel welcome. Also, thanks for the feedback on the areas that we can improve - we take these comments seriously and appreciate you bringing these items to our attention.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Jacksonville!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've heard this hotel is fairly new, I don't believe it. The walls in the room are dented and smudged, there were holes in my duvet and the room just seemed "lived in." The shower had soap pumps instead of normal mini bottles and they didn't work. I called the front desk and the person working there was unaccommodating and seemed like he had better things to do with his time then please the guest... go figure! The only thing I like about this hotel is the location and closeness to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business