“Last Minute”

Aloft Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #70 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The concierge was very helpful and the check-in process was easy. This was my first Aloft experience so I really wasn't sure what to expect. They said the building was fairly new and from the lobby I would agree, but my room seemed worn. The wood had puckered on the tables and the ceiling was unfinished. The phone had not been dusted since installation and the coffee pot was missing. the refrigeration was off it's base and slid off when I opened it. The A/C was awesome... don't change a thing! The toilet handle would get stuck and continue to run unless I manually lifted the outside handle to the upward position. The comforter was lumpy & the pillows weren't comfortable. This might just be an Aloft trend, but I didn't like coming down to the lobby for ice. The airport shuttle is complimentary and prompt. The hotel is literally within walking distance of several restaurants. If you would like extra exercise you could walk across the street to the shopping center. If you don't want the extra exercise, the hotel shuttle will take you. It wasn't a horrible hotel, but I wasn't wowed either. This was a last minute decision and it served it's purpose, but I will definitely consider other hotel options before booking another Aloft hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back face the lake.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
LindseyVDK, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Jacksonville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hi MingLuv84,

Thanks for your comments on your recent Aloft stay. We're glad you enjoyed our service, location and amenities. Sorry to hear about the maintenance issues you experienced in your guestroom - this is not our standard and we will work internally to identify and correct these problems. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to impress you!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the same hotel as the W. Very trendy place. Postmodern rooms with very comfortable beds. Stayed here with the kids but it would be a great place to take the wife without them. We've stayed at a couple of Ws in the past and although Aloft is not quite as nice, it's definitely worth the stay. We will stay here again. It's next to great shopping off of Duval St. We stop in Jacksonville every couple of months on this exit. Good place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Hi Thomasja37,

We're so happy you enjoyed your recent Aloft stay! Thanks so much for sharing these nice comments with us. We'd love to be your home-away-from-home whenever you're passing through Jacksonville, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Part of the SPG chain (Westin ,Sheraton) rooms are small but very modern decor and pets stay for free. right off I-95, within walking distance of panda express and pollo tropical and across from an extensive shopping center. My only complaint is checking in late at night I had to wait about 5 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Hello BethNCSU,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this feedback. We're happy you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient. We apologize for the wait you experienced at check-in and appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can make sure to avoid this in the future.

Come back soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We recently stayed at the Aloft for an overnight stay on our way down to the Keys. We loved the fact that we could bring our dog into the room with us. The hotel was very modern and different (in a good way) from any other hotel we have stayed in. The front desk clerk was very welcoming and didn't flinch when I told him that we had a dog with us. To clarify, dogs under 40 lbs are allowed at the Aloft, but I wasn't sure if they really enjoyed having dogs brought into the hotel! The room was very modern and my teenage kids really liked it, although the glass shower door (which other reviewers have mentioned) doesn't close completely which meant water went onto the floor when you're showering and there is a panel of white translucent glass between the shower and the room, so those in the room can see your outline while you're showering. I should clarify that the translucent glass from the shower is not in the center of the room, and more in the corner of the room. I asked for extra pillows as there were only two pillows on each bed-one for each person. I was told they didn't have any extra pillows and there were no extras in the room. I ended up sleeping with my jacket balled up under the one pillow. We got a great AAA rate for the night which included breakfast. The hotel does not have a restaurant. We were given vouchers to use in their "grab 'n go" food area. They did have hot breakfast sandwiches that were made to order, along with some healthier choices and baked goods. We all agreed that the food they offered was much better than the standard free continental breakfast you receive at many hotels. We would definitely stay here again if traveling through the Jacksonville area!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hi pilatesgirl,

Thank you for you recent stay, and for sharing your feedback with us! We're thrilled that your family (including your dog!) enjoyed your time here and that our staff made you feel welcome. Also, thanks for the feedback on the areas that we can improve - we take these comments seriously and appreciate you bringing these items to our attention.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Jacksonville!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've heard this hotel is fairly new, I don't believe it. The walls in the room are dented and smudged, there were holes in my duvet and the room just seemed "lived in." The shower had soap pumps instead of normal mini bottles and they didn't work. I called the front desk and the person working there was unaccommodating and seemed like he had better things to do with his time then please the guest... go figure! The only thing I like about this hotel is the location and closeness to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ashley D
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Hi, have stayed at this Aloft off and on for the last couple of years. Let me first begin by saying I love these hotels and the design--a sense of space, and the use of color, tile, stainless, and concrete. Great pains were taken to make this hotel look sleek and modern; Euro/60's retro.

PLUSES:

Hotel: Very courteous staff, welcoming when you walk in the door, good transportation to/from airport, clean comfortable rooms, great amenities. Great bar with unique stainless top to the bar with changing colors (have to see it to appreciate) , billiards table, Euro style couches. Outdoor pool with an outdoor shower for refreshening, large exercise room, complimentary towels everywhere for use. 2 computers available for business use.

Room: From the modular furniture design, , Euro-style blinds, use of color (turquoise, orange , red, brown) throughout, I enjoy the "loft" feel in each and every room and unique use of outdoor light to keep everything bright. One unique feature is that there is glass on the top of shared wall with the main bedroom, where the shower area gets light from the room itself. Great big comfortable clean king bed that envelopes you, great comforter, immaculate cotton sheets Quiet despite airport. I have often come here and end up taking a "quick" afternoon nap which lasts much longer and sleep like a baby. Big screen t.v. Bottles of water are complimentary which is greatly appreciated with terrible-tasting JAX water.

I especially like the '60s feel right down to the Turquoise Westclox Moonbeam alarm clock.

Minuses: The room's walk-in showers have always had some issues with water leakage from under the shower door onto the bathroom floor requiring mop-up. This has gone on now for 3 years that I have been staying there in all of the rooms I have been in. The mini-fridge, for some reason, is on some kind of platform, but not attached, so when you open the door the fridge slides right off and onto the floor. With the modular design there isn't room for a microwave and a person has to go to the lobby to use. There is no restaurant or room service. There is a small "deli" with prewrapped items for sale in the lobby. (There are several fast food restaurants across from the hotel ; also a mall across a 4 lane road that you have to navigate, with nicer restaurants. If you don't feel energetic the fast food restaurants will suffice.) For some odd reason the pool has only 4 or so recliniing chairs, and they are black metal (in Florida, Seriously ???) There are several other chairs that are really just there for style, they are boxy and not for use for catching rays. The hotel is beginning to show a little wear and tear on hall carpets and the room carpets. Need a good cleaning or replacement. The floor in the elevators need to be restored to the original design.

All in all, again, really enjoy my stays at the Aloft-Jacksonville. The only reason I don't give this an excellent is because the hotel has all the amenities a 4 star would have, but they skipped the restaurant needs of the guests. Even an hors d'ouvres happy hour would be greatly appreciated.

Did I mention I like the '60s design ;0)

Room Tip: Facing the pool .
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Although Aloft is a very new hotel brand, this property already seemed tired. My room had several large dents in the drywall and scratches on some of the wood "cabinetry." Maybe my expectations for Aloft hotels are too high since they're mostly brand new - this one was as clean and as comfortable as any other Aloft property I've stayed at, but it lacked that "new car smell," so to speak.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business