“I was disappointed. I can't believe it?!?!?!”

Aloft Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #74 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I was looking forward to my stay at the aloft in Jacksonville near the airport, but from the moment we waited for the shuttle it was disappintment after disappointment.

First, we called the shuttle and it took 20 minutes which normally takes 10 to 15. The lady at the welcome desk didnt even acknowledge us. She didnt even raised her head to see who was coming in. Second, the tile on the bathroom floor was worned out or something happen to it because it looked disgusting. I had to lay down towels to step on it. The duvet had lumps all over. It needed to be replaced. That duvet has seen better days.

The pros of the hotel is that it is a new concept and I like that is new (relatively) and in a good commercial area. Shopping centers and restaurants within walking distance.

I was really expecting more because my last stay at aloft in Chicago was great. So obviously I had great expectations. I'm not judging the entire hotel but my room was definitely a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed January 25, 2013

It's a personal thing......I am a solo traveler and requested a room on the 1st or 2nd floor for obvious reasons. Was given a room on the top floor, floor 5, (employee said that was the only room available) although I requested a room on a lower floor and the hotel was NOT at all booked. Why would they do this? I felt uncomfortable as my room was far away from the elevator and on the top floor. I have stayed at this hotel at least 6 times and have never been treated like this......so I learned that it is the person at the desk that makes the decisions. He did not care that I was a senior citizen traveling alone.....he did not listen to my request. Very disappointed!

Room Tip: Request a room on floor 1 or 2! Good luck!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JoannCalifornia_PA
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My very first time with this "different concept" hotel. The professional and courtesy of the staff is great, that is very true. We love the decor and the beds, definitely no for claustrophobic people because the square footage is very small compare to your average hotel room.
They accept dogs but I did not see nor hear any. I did not like the closet, too small and did not like the curtain concept and it has no drawers, but the bathroom is nice, it only has standing shower, no bathtubs at all! I travel with family and we like it but I will stay again only for a short stay. It serves it's purpose and the price was great.
The hotel is located in a great area and the restaurants and shopping center at River City Marketplace are very convenient, movies, food, shoppes, pharmacy, etc.
I recommended unless you are use only to five stars and above! Enjoy it!

Room Tip: Always remember to ask for what you want, staff can not accommodate unless you ask for it! Best vie...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Traveling at night and with kids the Aloft is great... The only problem is that we stayed in a dog room- clearly fleas from the previous guest. The sheets and all the linens had to be changed, but we waited quit a while to get the bedding. The staff felt terrible- but ask for new linens when you go. The housekeeper told us " this happens all the time!"

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Skyeheather
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel works me in many ways. It's convenient, clean, reasonable, interestingly decorated and managed by a professional staff. They also permit dogs. There is food, shopping and entertainment within easy walking distance. The local seems safe, to include parking.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 1-4theMoney
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I booked this hotel for a short business trip. I am in love with the SPG brand and also W hotels so I was hoping that it would be all that I anticipated. It was a great mix between your traditional W hotel and a nice 3 star hotel. I enjoyed the decor, the loft style room and "grab and go" snack area in the lobby. My experience was great...just want to let you know two things: The "grab and go" section for breakfast, lunch and snacks are a "for fee" area...so there isn't a traditional continental breakfast. Next-the HVAC unit in my room was a bit noisy but not to the effect in which would make me not want to return. The location was great...the area has a huge selection of fast food and shopping. It's easily accessible to the freeway. Additionally, the staff was extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I've booked this hotel based on my previous nice experience at Aloft hotels. I like Aloft hotels because they are very different than traditional hotels with their trendy design.
If you have stayed at any Aloft before then there is not much you need to know. This hotel is exactly the same as other Aloft hotels. The hotel is located behind many fast food restaurants and the hotel has a cafe inside.
The hotel has very modern lobby with cool bar, heated pool, gym and trendy design. Ample parking space in the back. Free WiFi, free bottled water, microwave, fridge and big screen HDTV in the room.
Standing bathroom with glass door. Nicely designed sink.
The room looks simple but elegant with nicely placed light fixtures. Not to mention it was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and clean.
I'm not sure everyone would appreciate this hotel design because its just too modern. It feels like you are entering a nice cool bar/club than a regular hotel but I certainly liked it. The price is also reasonable.
I would certainly stay here again if I come back to this area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple