“Pretty good for the cost”

Aloft Jacksonville Airport
Ranked #71 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I've stayed at the Aloft-JAX a few times, most recently in the days leading up to my wedding. We used the Aloft as an initial base camp because the rates were good, rooms were clean, and it was easy to pick up family flying in to the JAX airport. In addition to my husband and I, we had family and friends staying at the Aloft. Everyone was pleased with the facility and could not say anything negative about our accommodations. Later in the week we all relocated closer to the actual wedding venue in Amelia Island. At the Aloft, the employees are friendly and very helpful. Leading up to a wedding you really need all the help you can get! We were pleased with the overall service provided at the Aloft and would stay there again. I'm a sucker for Bliss toiletries, so receiving complimentary Bliss samples is a real bonus at Aloft.
Chick-fil-A is in the same parking lot as Aloft along with a few other fast food options. Across the street, in the shopping center parking lot there are several mid-grade restaurants as well. There are plenty of shops (nothing too fancy) in the shopping center.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 4, 2011

I really like the idea of the Aloft chain. Really. It's cool, it's trendy, but it's so focused on being cool and trendy that it forgets to be a good hotel.

Check-in was friendly. The room was in a decent location not too far from the elevator. I called down to ask where the ice machine was. In the lobby. I was too tired to go back downstairs and just drank the soda I brought from my car warm. There was a fridge in the room, so others I placed there to cool off.

The shower is a nice size with the glass door and everything, but the seal didn't work properly. The rain showerhead had to be pointed halfway at the wall, thereby reducing your effective showering area to not soak the tile bathroom floor. Even with the bathmat, it was sopping wet. Add to that dingy looking tiles on the floor, and some mildew growth in the corners.

The bed was comfortable, but when we checked in, the comforter must not have been fluffed properly because it looked lumpy. Meh, it's just looks. We had a room overlooking the pool. We layed down, turned off the TV, and what greets our ears but a distant bass line thumping from the pool speakers. I get it, W and Aloft are all about partying. But if no one is at the pool, turn it off and let us sleep! To add insult to injury, the girl at the front desk at checkout time was so perky and awake that it just didn't seem fair. (Although I know she was doing her job - and doing it well.)

The best thing I have to say is that when I returned home after a 10 hour drive from this location and realized that my boyfriend and I had left our laptops in the room, the front desk agent knew exactly what I was talking about, and happily took the information to get the bag containing the computers sent to me FedEx. She was very helpful. I hope to have my laptop back by the end of the week.

The location is good, with lots of restaurants close by.

Room Tip: If you go, ask to not have a pool view if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Neat concept but they need to go back to basics...cleaning. I checked in late or I would have complained. The bathroom floors were sticky and obviously had not been cleaned properly in a long while. There were long bunched black curly hair on the floor. I covered the tile floor with the towels and made do with one to dry off. As much as I'm in hotels and this being a new one I always inspect the bedding. I had 2 beds, one had something unidentifiable in it...a wing, toe nail sliver, something. The elevator has been cleaned but not detailed...dirt at the edges. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Xlnt location, near freeway and airport. Nice greeting and service upon arrival. Lobby is very urban trendy with a 'less is more' motif. Rooms are the same with the same style of starkness as the lobby. I prefer drawers to put my clothes in but here I was not sure where to put them. Comfortable bed, nice shower and dressing area. Shower could have been cleaner but all in all, cleanliness was OK.
The service was good when needed.
I won't be back but only because I like a warmer feel to both the lobby and guest rooms. Way too stark and cold for my more traditional tastes. Some Marriott Courtyards seem to be moving in this direction. Too bad.

Room Tip: Better view in rooms facing the back.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We have stayed at the Aloft near the Jacksonvilleleirport 3 or 4 times on our travels between
Key West and Asheville. Each time has been a relaxing treat. The rooms are clean, comfortable, contemporary (I hate overdone, busy decorated hotels with patterned drapes, rugs and furniture), the staff is excellent, friendly and the hotel is pet friendly, allowing us to
transport our two cats between our two residences without hassle. While they have no formal restaurant (most hotel/motel restaurants are mediocre and prefer to go to nearby restaurants of quality) they do have very well prepared light meals and snacks if you want.
they have a great bar, a very nice pool and an exercise room if you want. to take advantage. I love this hotel chain and try will try to stay at them if they are available wherever I travel. And finally they are an incredible bargain price wise.
food

Room Tip: Have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeyWestCharles
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I called while on my way to make a reservation and specifically requested a crib. We arrived late evening, exhausted and ready to go to sleep. After calling several times and even visiting the front desk for over 2 HOURS to ask again and again for the crib and consistently getting "it's coming" they eventually said they could not find one. By now it was nearly 11 pm at night and my 15 month old was so tired. I wish they would have told me that when I called for the reservation or upon arrival.
The next morning we tried a swim in the pool before leaving... the water was so low it was obvious it was not going through the filter and the top had bugs all on it and needed a skim.
I was unimpressed and would not go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Booked online at this hotel due to its proximity to the airport and late arriving/early departure flights. The hotel, in concept is nice...unfortunately that's also where the niceness ends. Colorful design, modern type furnishings but the rooms were dirty. Trash in the waste baskets upon entering the room. Mold and algae flourishing in the shower. There is a shuttle to the airport and the large shopping area across the street is an easy walk.

My biggest complaint was the shuttle driver on arrival. We arrived late at night. Called to confirm the shuttle would arrive but when the van arrived the diver stopped in the middle of the road, and just sat there for a few minutes. When he finally got out of the van he walked over to the parking garage (across the street and stayed there. We had already brought our bags to the van and were shocked.as the driver continued to stare into the garage ...untill...Ah! "you waiting for me?". Now I admit, being form the northeast I ca be a bit impatient but come on...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family