Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island
Ranked #40 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Alabama
“Great for Crusin'”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express for cruises. We sailed out of JaxPort Cruise Terminal which is only about 1.5 miles from the hotel! This nice hotel accommodates people cruising. We arrived the day before our cruise. We spent the night in a suite. The next day we were transported to the nearby pier in a comfortable van with other excited cruisers. We were able to leave our vehicle at the hotel, safe and secure. Upon our return we were picked up at the pier, returned to the hotel, and we were on our way. Easy. Easy. Easy.
Ask for the CRUISE PACKAGE. We also did the same thing, using the same HIX, on the West Coast! We definitely will utilize this service again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Margaret F
Gerald M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
On behalf of myself, and the entire staff we would like to thank for the kind remarks you recently posted on TripAdvisor detailing your experiences with our hotel. It is our intent to make you feel at home and to not just meet your expectations, but to exceed them!!! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you so much for the kind words!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We liked this hotel because it sits off the main path by itself and is very close to the Jaxport terminal. The only thing close is a Wendy's that sits right next door and a gas station / mini mart that is pretty close up the road. There are other nice restaurants in the area you can drive to, but we were content to go next door to Wendy's for a quick bite to eat that evening. Check in is very efficient, rooms are clean, breakfast was good and the pool area is nice. Because we purchased the cruise package, (we stayed the night and parked for the week), we were allowed to stay past the 11 am checkout time. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. There were a couple of kids that were a little rambunctious running around, but honestly, they weren't bad at all. It was a great atmosphere and everything was done right. Breakfast was good - it was the usual breakfast - eggs, sausage, bacon, a pancake maker, cereals, juice, milk, coffee. The breakfast area was kept clean and there was plenty for everyone. The shuttle for the cruise port was very efficient and was very well run. I would highly recommend this property to anyone for any reason, but if you're doing the cruise, definitely stay here. Everything was perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank elikat02
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear we were able to take great care of you and make you feel welcome. It's always great to know that we are making our guests feel special as we certainly do our best to create those lasting relationships. We look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever in the Jacksonville, Fl area again!
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel the night before we went on a cruise out of Jacksonville. When we first went to our room, it had a very strong odor of cigarettes. I went back to the desk and requested another room. The attendant took me to another room that smelled much better, so we moved. The hotel was very clean and the amenities were nice. There was a pool in back of the hotel that was very busy but looked fun. The beds were comfortable and our room was quiet. Breakfast was better than average for hotel fare and the service was excellent. Overall we really enjoyed this stay and were glad we were so close to the port. The hotel is literally 1-2 minutes from the port of Jacksonville!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gerald M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
On behalf of myself and the entire staff we would like to thank you for the kind remarks you recently posted on TripAdvisor detailing your experiences with our hotel. It is our intent to make you feel at home and not just meet your expectations, but to exceed them. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Summerton, South Carolina
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Made my reservation online with no problems and received my confirmation within seconds. When we checked in the lady was polite but not too personable but I can't fault her on her speed in checking me in. The lobby appeared clean and neat. I did ask for recommendations on a restaurant nearby (we had been on the road and very tired and hungry). Closest restaurant was either the Wendy's next door otherwise a seafood/steak restaurant at the marina about 15 minutes away. I asked about a local shopping area St. John at River City and was given directions there with no problems. Went ahead and took our luggage into the room. Glad we did because the AC unit was not on and the room was warm. Turned the AC on and went to eat lunch. When we returned, the room was cool. The bed was firm yet comfortable. Nothing really stood out about the room (or else we were just that tired), That night, the hotel must have been pretty full (the parking lot was). We were on the first floor and heard people upstairs walking/jumping around. Don't know if it was kids or what. We left early so we did not eat at the breakfast.

This hotel is located minutes from the cruise ship terminal and would be a prime location to stay if coming down the night before a cruise. There was a sign in lobby that they do offer specials for parking and shuttle service to terminal.

I would stay again for an overnight stay but not much more than that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Edna B,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We are glad you found our location convenient. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I didn't even book a night here from the bad service received over the phone. I was checking to see if I would be charged the $30 pet fee if I book through my credit card rewards points. I called with a simple question and was immediately put on hold because the girl on the phone didn't bother to listen to my complete question.She told me she didn't know, then she said I shouldn't have to pay extra, then she said maybe I might... I calmly explained that I did not want to check in tomorrow with an extra $30 fee and that's why I am calling beforehand to confirm, because if not I will stay at another hotel that will honor the price I paid through my rewards points. In an annoyed tone like it was too much for her to process, she said she wouldn't be able to tell me until I check in.. and then what, charge me the $30 fee I was trying to check up on in the first place... I even asked if there was anybody else that could help me with the question and she said NO that she was the ONLY person there.. seriously the ONLY employee in the entire hotel that could answer my question?? I was not rude nor disrespectful, rather I was calm and patient. She lost the hotel a customer because she couldn't answer a simple question. Tell me yes or no and honor your answer upon arrival, I'm not going to book a hotel based on a MAYBE.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gerald M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I am truly sorry for the experience you receive awaiting for your question to be answered. Although my front desk clerk was a bit confused by the question, maybe I can help. To answer your question, Yes, you would still be charge a pet fee booking under your credit card rewards points. However, my staff know I have waived such charges before in the past when booking on reward points and I believe thats where the confusion may have happen. I do and will like to offer an sincere apology to you and your pet and if there is anything I can do to, please do not hesitate to contact me here on the property.
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stay here every month and have been lucky that i have not arrived the night before the cruise ship comes in as they would be sold out.
The staff recommended several restaurants up Alta Drive and I have tried them all.
Rooms are large, modern, comfortable and clean.
The breakfasts are great. I have never had any complaints.

Room Tip: Rooms above the pool can be a little noisy on summer evenings.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank marineflotsam
Bayou La Batre, Alabama
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I enjoyed the layout of the hotel and the fact that I was able to get a smoking room as they are not normally available. The staff was friendly but seemed overwhelmed. the young man hans went out of his way to do eveyrhting possible to help me. however in the morning i found the woman Kristy working the desk extremely rude. she was very short with me and had an attitude problem. i feel as a paying guest i did not deserve this. when i went to ask a question she was not at the desk and i waited several minutes until the manager came out to help me. other than that it was a great trip and stay thank you

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Maureen_in_AL,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and we hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

I look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.