We liked this hotel because it sits off the main path by itself and is very close to the Jaxport terminal. The only thing close is a Wendy's that sits right next door and a gas station / mini mart that is pretty close up the road. There are other nice restaurants in the area you can drive to, but we were content to go next door to Wendy's for a quick bite to eat that evening. Check in is very efficient, rooms are clean, breakfast was good and the pool area is nice. Because we purchased the cruise package, (we stayed the night and parked for the week), we were allowed to stay past the 11 am checkout time. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. There were a couple of kids that were a little rambunctious running around, but honestly, they weren't bad at all. It was a great atmosphere and everything was done right. Breakfast was good - it was the usual breakfast - eggs, sausage, bacon, a pancake maker, cereals, juice, milk, coffee. The breakfast area was kept clean and there was plenty for everyone. The shuttle for the cruise port was very efficient and was very well run. I would highly recommend this property to anyone for any reason, but if you're doing the cruise, definitely stay here. Everything was perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are ideally situated just off Route 9A near the picturesque St. Johns River, Jaxport Cruise Ship Terminal and the Jacksonville Airport. As the closest hotel to the Jaxport Carnival Cruise Ship Terminal, our accommodations are the perfect choice for cruise ship travelers.. Our J hotel is minutes from downtown Jacksonville and area attractions like Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Jacksonville Zoo, Kinsley Plantation and Jacksonville Landing. We are just 11 miles from the beautiful Jacksonville Beach.Corporate travelers also find our hotel's location in Jacksonville to be ideal. Trapac, Jacksonville Electric Authority, Atlantic Marine Shipyard and Dry Dock are just a few of the nearby businesses, and we are just 15 miles from the Mayo Clinic. Staying productive has never been easier with the Business Center and free Wi-Fi access. And, we have a 644-sq-ft meeting room that can seat up to 30 people.When staying at this Jacksonville, Florida hotel, you can expect a comfortable stay and great amenities, such as the free, hot breakfast bar, a fitness center, outdoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island Hotel Jacksonville
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island