We stopped at this hotel which was near the Jacksonville Cruise Port. They also offer a cruise package at a reasonable rate which includes parking you car at the hotel while on your cruise, shuttle transport right up to the luggage area at the port. They unload your luggage and take it to the luggage area. The return shuttle was there waiting when we got off the ship.
The day of boarding for our cruise, the ship was delayed. We were due to board at 1pm. Due to problems with boarding, we were not able to leave for the port until 11:30 pm. The reservation assistant at the desk graciously allowed us to keep our room until we left. There were about 50 other cruise guests at the hotel and all were allowed the same courtesy. Snacks and coffee were provided all day long. All the staff that were on duty when we checked in the day before stayed until each and every one of the guests had been transported to the ship. They were gracious, patient and bent over backwards to give us what limited information was given to them by the cruise line. They never lost their smiles. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if cruising out of Jacksonville. You know ahead of time that you will be taken care of!!!! The rooms were very beautiful, clean and had a coffee pot, microwave and refrigerator in the room. Breakfast was a full breakfast and hot.Very Tasty!!! Internet was available and many people were accessing it. Bring snacks with you the only place to eat within walking distance is Wendy's. One of the port guys told us about a good mexican resturant about 3 miles down the road facing the hotel, we were not able to eat there due to the constant changing of our boarding time, but did drive by it was easy to find. It was in a little strip mall and looked like a nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are ideally situated just off Route 9A near the picturesque St. Johns River, Jaxport Cruise Ship Terminal and the Jacksonville Airport. As the closest hotel to the Jaxport Carnival Cruise Ship Terminal, our accommodations are the perfect choice for cruise ship travelers.. Our J hotel is minutes from downtown Jacksonville and area attractions like Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Jacksonville Zoo, Kinsley Plantation and Jacksonville Landing. We are just 11 miles from the beautiful Jacksonville Beach.Corporate travelers also find our hotel's location in Jacksonville to be ideal. Trapac, Jacksonville Electric Authority, Atlantic Marine Shipyard and Dry Dock are just a few of the nearby businesses, and we are just 15 miles from the Mayo Clinic. Staying productive has never been easier with the Business Center and free Wi-Fi access. And, we have a 644-sq-ft meeting room that can seat up to 30 people.When staying at this Jacksonville, Florida hotel, you can expect a comfortable stay and great amenities, such as the free, hot breakfast bar, a fitness center, outdoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island Hotel Jacksonville