“Plantinum members best stay ever.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island
Ranked #59 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our stay started with Luke checking us in. He was very professional, helpful and very friendly. Our room was a standard room, clean with plenty of towels. Breakfast Thanksgiving morning was wonderful. Lorraine is the reason why. She makes you feel like family. We stayed at breakfast for 3 hours talking to Lorraine who was busy taking care of not only us but any other guest who came in. We are from the Jersey shore and are still recovering from Hurricane Sandy. Lorraine knowing we were away from home brought us a wonderful Thanksgiving meal on Friday. We have stayed at HIE quite often, none have had the quality staff that this hotel has. Thank You.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My family recently returned from a Carnival cruise in Jacksonville. This was my second time staying at the hotel. I chose it the first time because of its convenience to the cruise port. The second time I chose it was because of the friendly staff, proximity to the cruise port of course, the continental breakfast, and the overall value for my money. We were not disappointed! Luke assisted us late on our evening of arrival after a 12 hour drive. His bubbly personality, friendliness, and chipper disposition made for a great welcome. My family loved him because he joked right along with us and we could tell if we needed anything he was going to make sure to take care of it. It was definitely a great start to the trip. People in his positions who have such a great attitude need to be commended. He was the first face we seen and definitely represented his hotel with pride. I can't say enough good things about him!!! The hotel itself I feel could possibly use a little updating and repair. The bathroom tub seemed to be worn and the room was a little musty. Honestly, other than that I can't find anything negative to say! Oh...they do need a few more luggage carts! The staff at breakfast goes out of their way to accommodate you and make you feel at home. This hotel should be very proud to hire such energetic friendly people. It is like no other hotel I've stayed at. When we cruise out of Jacksonville again we will definitely stay at this hotel. I will recommend it to everyone I know!

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevator! Not the hotel's fault but some guests are pretty noisy!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IndianaCruiser80
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here two this in the past month. Rooms somewhat dated. No internet this time and was told by from desk "sorry you are on the wrong end of the building". So i checked out. New manager said they jad ordered parts.

Also there is NOTHING around it. You can eat at the windy's or the truck stop. This hotel is off of my teams travel list now.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Nice place to stay, great experience with a staff member. I told Miss Lorraine that I needed to take my daughter some breakfast to the room. She was so busy with the last minute breakfast croud, and still stopped what she was doing to help me with the pancake machine. She made her a pancake the size of the plate! My daughter had a smile on her face when I walked in with it, and really enjoyed it. The hotel was nice, but Lorraine was very helpful and went out of her way!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed at his property for 1 night because a cruise. The room was very comfortable and the front desk clerks very helpful. If you dont have a car, you must take a cab for dinner unless you want Wendys. Their shuttle to the port was great!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank patriciaj231
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed at this hotel again on our trip from Upstate NY to Florida. This hotel is awesome. Hans at the front desk was very friendly and courteous. The property is super clean. Will definitely stay here again on our way back north.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ajhosler
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I waited for sometime to allow others in my party to send reviews also...hopefully they did so....We had such a nice stay at the Blount island Holiday inn express........largely to the efforts of a young man, name Luke, he is the night manager . It was his personallity, professionalism, and overall friendlyness, that helped make our stay such a pleasant one...My grandaughter ( she is two), called him " her Luke". You could not ask for a better person to represent the Blount-Island Holiday Inn Express, it is becasue of his attention to detail, that when ever we come back to Jacksonville, we will stay at this hotel, no doubt about it. We had a overall great stay, thanks to Luke.

Room Tip: not a bad room in the place........
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family