My family recently returned from a Carnival cruise in Jacksonville. This was my second time staying at the hotel. I chose it the first time because of its convenience to the cruise port. The second time I chose it was because of the friendly staff, proximity to the cruise port of course, the continental breakfast, and the overall value for my money. We were not disappointed! Luke assisted us late on our evening of arrival after a 12 hour drive. His bubbly personality, friendliness, and chipper disposition made for a great welcome. My family loved him because he joked right along with us and we could tell if we needed anything he was going to make sure to take care of it. It was definitely a great start to the trip. People in his positions who have such a great attitude need to be commended. He was the first face we seen and definitely represented his hotel with pride. I can't say enough good things about him!!! The hotel itself I feel could possibly use a little updating and repair. The bathroom tub seemed to be worn and the room was a little musty. Honestly, other than that I can't find anything negative to say! Oh...they do need a few more luggage carts! The staff at breakfast goes out of their way to accommodate you and make you feel at home. This hotel should be very proud to hire such energetic friendly people. It is like no other hotel I've stayed at. When we cruise out of Jacksonville again we will definitely stay at this hotel. I will recommend it to everyone I know!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are ideally situated just off Route 9A near the picturesque St. Johns River, Jaxport Cruise Ship Terminal and the Jacksonville Airport. As the closest hotel to the Jaxport Carnival Cruise Ship Terminal, our accommodations are the perfect choice for cruise ship travelers.. Our J hotel is minutes from downtown Jacksonville and area attractions like Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Jacksonville Zoo, Kinsley Plantation and Jacksonville Landing. We are just 11 miles from the beautiful Jacksonville Beach.Corporate travelers also find our hotel's location in Jacksonville to be ideal. Trapac, Jacksonville Electric Authority, Atlantic Marine Shipyard and Dry Dock are just a few of the nearby businesses, and we are just 15 miles from the Mayo Clinic. Staying productive has never been easier with the Business Center and free Wi-Fi access. And, we have a 644-sq-ft meeting room that can seat up to 30 people.When staying at this Jacksonville, Florida hotel, you can expect a comfortable stay and great amenities, such as the free, hot breakfast bar, a fitness center, outdoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island Hotel Jacksonville
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island