I stayed at this location for 1 night so I could take a test at Jacksonville University.
Upon arrival, the guest services managers were very polite and friendly. They speedily got me my room key and explained the hotel's accommodations. I even received a guest bag of water and a snack for joining their hotel rewards program.
The room was overall clean. The sink had some shatter cracks, but it wasn't dirty. Shower was warm. The carpet was well-vacuumed. There was a little dust on the window curtain from the A/C unit, but the A/C blew cold and fresh.
I checked the bed thoroughly and everything, including the mattress, was white and clean. The bed includes both soft and hard pillows, and the mattress is memory foam, so it was quite comfy.
The room included a hair-dryer, an ironing board, an iron, and a flat-panel TV.
The continental breakfast was great. They had a pancake machine, cereal, bagels, cinnamon rolls, milk, juice and more. I am lactose intolerant, so it didn't have much for me there, but my partner loved the bagels and rolls.
The location is right of the highway, so it is very convenient to get into beach-area Jacksonville, go to the cruise port, or drive to the nearby University.
Overall, my stay was great and I would recommend this hotel as a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are ideally situated just off Route 9A near the picturesque St. Johns River, Jaxport Cruise Ship Terminal and the Jacksonville Airport. As the closest hotel to the Jaxport Carnival Cruise Ship Terminal, our accommodations are the perfect choice for cruise ship travelers.. Our J hotel is minutes from downtown Jacksonville and area attractions like Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Jacksonville Zoo, Kinsley Plantation and Jacksonville Landing. We are just 11 miles from the beautiful Jacksonville Beach.Corporate travelers also find our hotel's location in Jacksonville to be ideal. Trapac, Jacksonville Electric Authority, Atlantic Marine Shipyard and Dry Dock are just a few of the nearby businesses, and we are just 15 miles from the Mayo Clinic. Staying productive has never been easier with the Business Center and free Wi-Fi access. And, we have a 644-sq-ft meeting room that can seat up to 30 people.When staying at this Jacksonville, Florida hotel, you can expect a comfortable stay and great amenities, such as the free, hot breakfast bar, a fitness center, outdoor pool and whirlpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island Hotel Jacksonville
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island