“Good stay for quick trip”

TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Ranked #43 of 132 Hotels in Jacksonville
Kissimmee, Florida
“Good stay for quick trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were staying here for one night as we were going to TPC Golf. The room was clean and had whatever we needed. The breakfast was okay and the free internet and parking a plus. Bella was exceptional as a service person, she was very sincere in her care of guests.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
John T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for your review! I hope you will come back and stay with us again, when your travels bring you back to the Jacksonville area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
atlanta, georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I was part of a group of people staying at this hotel for a particular date and somehow the reservation agent still booked it for the wrong days. The money was credited back to my account about a week later but the mistake should have never happened and given that other hotels in the area were fully booked it could have truly been a problem. NEXT, they gave me a room key for a room that was already occupied. My children and I entered a room in which someone was in the shower! Seriously? The room was updated and appeared very clean. The staff was very friendly and did act quickly to fix the problem. Breakfast area was kept stocked and clean. Outside areas were maintained as well. Overall we had a nice stay and I would be willing to go back if I had no other options. There are so many other hotels right there that I will probably just book somewhere else. If they made the room key mistake with me they could easily do it again or ruin my vacation by messing up the reservation again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank travelingbrood
John T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to notify me of the issues regarding the wrong reservation dates, and the error of sending you to an occupied room. Regarding the reservation dates, Confirmation should have been emailed to you in advance, and the reservations agent should have confirmed Arrival, and Departure dates, to assure correct dates. As for the room mix-up, this was human error, and our system never should have allowed us to check another guest into an occupied room.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We went to the World Golf Hall of Fame (WGHOF) for a charity event and chose to stay here as the options at WFHOF were a complete disaster. This place was totally average. The rooms were so so, updated somewhat recently. The hotel needs some updating on its exterior. Of course if you are there for golf who cares about the rooms. The bar has pool table, darts and shuffleboard meaning it's great for guys weekend but wouldn't recommend for a weekend with the wife.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
***NOTE*** This review is NOT for TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, but appears to be for World Golf Renaissance Hotel and Resort. PLEASE REMOVE THIS REQUEST FROM TOWNEPLACE SUITES BY MARRIOTT JACKSONVILLE
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in at the end of April, I chose this hotel because it was close to my job and had kitchens in the rooms. I also always try to stay with marriott. I don't understand how this hotel could be so new yet in such terrible shape. My sofa was gross, looked like dirty men had been laying all over it. The cleanliness of the room was not up to par. I had no iron, not enough towels, oven was not clean etc.The front desk agent that checked me in was very nice as well as the breakfast lady and my housekeeper, but when I talked to a manager she was not so nice I even witnessed her talking to the breakfast attendant in an unprofessional manner. She didn't resolve any of my issues, just walked around them. Its sad because this hotel is in a great location and has nice rooms, they just need polishing and some new staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Colleen L
Colleen, thank you for taking the time to notify me of your experience at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Butler Blvd. The hotel is six years old, and is scheduled for improvements later this year (2014).
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

The nicest staff I have come across in years, clean room, GREAT value for the space you get. However, the wifi at this hotel is awful. I asked if it was any better than the Fairfield across the street to which the manager said yes they have revamped the system. He was wrong. It was awful.

Room Tip: Do Not go on business.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
John, sorry for the inconvenience of the internet service you experienced at TownePlace Suites by Marriott. Please note that we have recently upgraded our Internet service to 1.5MBPS, and we are now offering a higher speed internet service option of 4MBPS, for a slight upcharge of $4.95/day.
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Was in town due to death in family and have always stayed at Marriott properties, chose TownePlace Suites because it has separate bedrooms. Arrived at hotel around 3pm and immediately upon walking into lobby noticed the stained carpet, this prompted me to ask front desk person if I could see room before checking in. She was very courteous and took me to room, I should have walked away then but needed to get to my family so I ignored the filthy couch in living area and the shoddy paint job thru out the room.
We returned very late to our room and entered thru a side entrance, that's when I saw how dirty the stairwells and hallways were, built up dust was everywhere.
In our bathroom, there was mildew in the shower and hair on the tub. While using the sink that night the water was very slow to drain, which the next morning while showering the tub was doing the same thing.
We had to hurry out because the service was very early that morning and I didn't have time to let the front desk clerk know of our dissatisfaction. Actually, because of my having to bury a family member, I didn't have the strength to deal with it at that time.
So overall, the staff was very friendly but cleanliness is a must and this property lacks it.
It is in dire need of either a remodel or a thorough steam cleaning of the furnishings and carpets.
I did call back that afternoon to speak with a manager but they were gone for the day, so I left a voicemail and will await to see if I get a call back.
I gave it two stars because of the staff, but I will never come back to this property. In the future I'd rather pay for two rooms to get the privacy needed than to compromise cleanliness.

Room Tip: Chose another property
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Poohsgirl
Since your visit in April, we have hired a new Executive Housekeeper, and turned over most of our Housekeeping staff. We have come a long way, in a short time, and cleaned the hotel up. We still have a few projects we are working on, but maintaining the cleanliness as expected. Please come visit us again when your travels bring you back to this area.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Jacksonville has been our stopping point the last 4 years on our way to sanibel, Clearwater and Orlando and we have always stayed at the Wingate just across the parking lot from this property. Chose TP suites this year do to rate and availability and was pleasantly surprised. Upon calling the hotel to make the reservation I spoke with Lee and she was very informative and helpful. Arrived at the hotel around 2pm and greeted warmly by Lee again! Check in was a breeze. The hotel is was very clean and well kept. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable! Fridge, microwave and top burner were great. We had a king studio room with pull out sofa. The room it self is very "compact" but efficient. With the pull out sofa out I had to climb over the bottom of the bed to get to bathroom or kitchen area. My boys said the pullout was fine. Breakfast is your basic complimentary with bagels, toast English muffins, make your own waffle, cereal and hard boiled eggs. Nothing fancy, but a little something to get you going. I also had interaction with Valerie and she was great as well! Very helpful, upbeat, positive and accommodating! So, this property served us well! We did not need much for the one night. We wanted clean safe and friendly and that is what we received. Though the room was small, not a big deal for us for one night. If we were staying longer we would have requested the one bedroom instead. Good customer service goes a LONG way, and they have that part covered. Again thanks to Lee and Valerie for being so great! We will definitely check you out again next year.

OAN- property is in walking distance for Cracker Barrel and Applebee's. Short drive to other shops, restaurants and Jacksoville beaches. Just off the interstate and for us it was easy to find, but we are familiar with the area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank msshak76
Thank you for your feedback! Please come back and see us when your travels bring you back to Jacksonville.