“Nice,clean,convienent place to stay.”

TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard
Ranked #61 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Just off 95 easy on and off.plenty of places to eat. Rooms are very clean and spacious. Staff very pleasant. Can't go wrong here.I have stayed here numerous times while traveling and have never been disappointed with quality.

• Stayed: August 2012
Danielle G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

I am so very glad to hear that you have had continuous enjoyable stays at our property. I would love to get the chance to meet you next time you are visiting Jacksonville. Please stop in and say Hello! and Thank You very much for your business.

Danielle Gross

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at Towneplace while in town for a reunion and found the room in excellent condition and very clean.The staff were friendly and accommodating and we were very happy with the place in every regard.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Danielle G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am really glad you guys enjoyed yourselves at the reunion :) We hope to see you again next time you visit Jacksonille!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I was in Jacksonville on business. I had my son and my parents decided to meet me there as well. For the four of us, we booked a two room suite. Check-in was easy enough and the lobby was nice and clean. The front staff was very nice. We got to our room and it was very pleasing to the eye. The room overlooked the pool. The kitchen was right there when you walked in. The kitchen had full size appliances along with the basics. The sitting room was comfortable with a large table for 4. The first bedroom was very small and narrow but it served its purpose. The second bedroom was larger/roomier. There was only 1 bathroom which was large but smelled strongly of mildew. This was a problem. I know Florida is a breeding ground for mold but this was too strong, as in not tended to for awhile. As our stay progressed, we started having issues. The dishwasher was broken. To boot, there was VERY old standing water with dirty dishes from the previous occupants in the dishwasher. There were ants living in and around the dshwasher as well. Three of the four lights in the kitchen area were burnt out and the A/C in the smaller of the bedrooms smelled of wet dog. When we took showers, the water was warm at the most and smelled funny. The hotel was quick to get an engineer in our room to try to fix the problems but he said from the looks of it, the room hadn't been occupied in awhile which in my mind yelled, "Housekeeping has not step foot in this room in at least a week." I was actually saddened by these unfortunate events rather than upset. I really liked the staff at this hotel and I know, this hotel is better than the room we stayed in. I think with all the problems we brought to their attention, they will be more vigilant in the future. All of the staff was so kind and we ended up with 2 free nights. Funny thing, I would return to this hotel because I honestly think it was a freak accident.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank casmith_93035
Danielle G, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville Butler Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

I am truly so sorry for the experience you had at our property. I can assure you it was an isolated incident and we have rectified every issue you had discussed with us in the room. I would really love if you could give us try in the future and allow us the opportunity to prove to you that we are a much better hotel than what we represented to you on your visit. Please feel free to contact me should you want to speak with me regarding your recent stay.

Danielle Gross

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for an evening, 3/31 - 4/1.

The suite was big, clean and comfortable. There was coffee and tea available in the room plus continental breakfast of bagels, toast, waffles, various cereal, muffins, yogurt, coffee and juice. The pool is somewhat small for the size of the hotel but not bad. The rooms were spacious and the bathroom was very large. There are plenty of nearby restaurants (Applebees, Waffle House) and it is a short drive to UNF and shopping.

I was very annoyed to find that they actually do not have cribs available as indicated on their site. What they have are pack and plays which is very different from a standard crib. Luckily my daughter was able to sleep in the PNP, however not comfortably as she is a tall girl. The hotel management should consider making that clear on the site as there is a big difference between the two.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I cancelled a reward stay at this hotel because I didn't think I would make it in time. At 1 am I arrived into JAX and wanted to try to use reward points to stay here. The night staff said it was too late to do it online but I should call the rewards number. He was very nice and trying to help me out. He could tell I was really tired and just needed a place to sleep till morning. Finally we worked something out but he said he would have to actually assign the room after 4 am (?) He let me into a nice room with more than I needed. A nice little kitchen area. I tried to take a shower to unwind but the shower head was not working. I was in an accessible room (didn't need it) but the hand held showers weren't working. I would deal with it in the am but then I couldn't turn the water off. I just went to sleep and let the water run. In the am. I tried to tell the day time staff who didn't appear interested. Eventually I let Marriott know and received a nice call from the manager at the property. They comp'd my stay. Maintenance issues happen but the customer service is the important part. My experience was very good.

Room Tip: check the plumbling before you unpack.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Nice newer place in a quiet area. Quiet room never heard neighbors or outside noise.
The studio suites are on the very small side. There is about 3ft on both sides of the bed and about 6ft between the bed and the couch and desk area. The kitchen was about 4ft wide and 8ft long.

The internet is very inconsistent so if you need to rely on it for work bring an aircard. As moor people got in for the night it would slow down to nothing, pages would not load. During day time and odd hours the speeds were useable, around .5 down.
The cable lineup is a bit lacking they have six sports channels and like around six news channels but they only have about ten entertainment channels out side of the locals.

Overall nice place with a good staff in a nice area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We're not really sure why the negative reviews regarding the staff, but we stayed in this hotel for several days, and the staff was fantastic! In fact, we had several special requests as we brought our pet with us ($75 fee for entire stay - so great deal) and they were able to accommodate. Rooms are equipped with small kitchens providing a refrigerator, cook top, microwave and of course the dinner/silver ware. Even with the property accepting pets, you do NOT even know that another pet was ever there. They take the time to clean the rooms so well, that you feel like you're the first one ever using the room. When in the JAX area, and with a pet, I would definitely stay here again. Close to many other hotel properties and restaurants and not far from the St. John Town Center.

Room Tip: Recommend rooms on the first floor for pets. Pet fee is $75 for entire stay - great deal!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple