“first time visit: excellent in every way”
Review of Restaurant Orsay

Restaurant Orsay
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Orsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,026 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Edgewood or Dancy
Transit: Public Transit Stop Located At Park & Ingleside.
Jacksonville, Florida
“first time visit: excellent in every way”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had heard about Orsay for years, but somehow never got over there. All the hype turns out to be true: we had a wonderful first meal here. The hostess gave us a warm, smiling welcome and were seated right away on a busy Friday evening (this place was hopping). The service was top-notch all around. Our waiter was excellent: personable without being overbearing, informed (though he could slow down a bit with the special descriptions) and he led us through a wonderful meal with poise and skill. I had the red shrimp appetizer in Vietnamese vinaigrette - wonderful. The menu reminded me this place is sort of French, but not in a restrictive, stuffy way - there are lots of delicious surprises to be found on the menu. The waiter warned me that the shrimp appetizer was spicy and he was right - the Thai chilis had a real kick - but the salad was delicious. The shrimp were small but very fresh. My entree was Beef Stroganoff - I was intrigued by the listing on the menu because I never see this on menus anymore. The waiter recommended it and it was wonderful. The rich sauce was full of mushrooms and was enriched with creme fraiche - decadent and rich but not in a cloying way. The noodles were fresh-made pappardelle - yum. The wine list is excellent. Dessert was strawberry shortcake - very good, though not quite as great as the first two courses. The room (there are several rooms) we were taken to was elegant in a rustic sort of way - very special in ambience, with some lovely decorative touches here and there and small, sparkling chandeliers hanging above for a little sparkle. Prices are on the high side but definitely not out-of-line for a first-rate restaurant. We will return ASAP.

• Visited March 2014

Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Expect the Finest!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The only things a good restaurant needs is good food and good service. If you take that concept and move up few notches to extraordinary you have Orsay.
I cannot say enough about the kitchen staff as they produce some wonderful food beautifully presented. The wait staff? Well, it is as if some wonderful entity magically imbued them with the concept that their job is service. When food comes up rather than sit under the warming lamp it is brought to your table immediately by whoever happens to be there (even if it is not their table). Dishes that are put aside on the table are picked up by whoever happens to be passing, even the hostess and the manager do not walk around with empty hands.
I must admit that it was refreshing to have people treat me as if I were a paying customer and not just some slug that was easily replaced. When I’m traveling I measure all upscale restaurants against Orsay.

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a fan”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Overpriced small portions. Scallops were NOT fresh and my guest's fish was overcooked. Service was just ok, but lagging. There are much better places to eat in the area. Won't be back to Orsay!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sushimushi
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good food, slow service, expensive wine”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

It had been some time since we dined here. The food was again very good. Service was slow but pleasant. Wine list is extensive. However, since our last visit, they are at the 3 times retail level. All considered I will give it another chance and assume this was an off night. The wine cost though is off-putting and I will bring my own next time, paying corkage. I do not understand this pricing policy. It would make me not return if they did not offer corkage.

• Visited February 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best trout I've ever had!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

The Orsay is one of the few restaurants my wife and I can agree on! I'm not a big fan of French food, preferring simpler fare, but I love the trout at Orsay! Even the veggies that come with it are good! Oh, and the service is excellent, although it's not always incredibly fast... They tend to be busy, and good food isn't always fast food, so you can plan on being there for a while...

Visited December 2013