WINNER WONDERLAND

“one word "AWESOME"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Orsay

Restaurant Orsay
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Orsay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,957 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Edgewood or Dancy
Transit: Public Transit Stop Located At Park & Ingleside.
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“one word "AWESOME"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My girlfriend and decided to take a trip to jacksonville for a mini one day vacation and went to the zoo. after that we were a bit hungry so we decided look in tripadvisor to see what places were good to eat at and this was one of the places listed. I called and made a reservation and we got there in 30 minutes. We were greeted in a friendly manner and seated near the fabric wall. The seating was a little too close to other customers but it was of no concern to me. Our waiter adam came to us and I asked what were some good cocktails to try and i drink about anything so he offered me the calibri i believe it was pronounced. it was very delicious, not being too strong from the tequila, it was pretty smooth and refreshing. and my girlfriend had a martini with pear in it. it was delicious as well. Good way to start the first time. so then we got the mussels which were absolutely mouther watering with that white wine blend. We also got the steak tartare which was recommended by another table sitting next to us. it was nice and towards the end, it had a wasabi kick to it. I loved it! my girlfriend wasnt too fond of the wasabi ending taste so i just ate it all myself =) Then we went onto our entrees, my girlfriend had the filet mignon which was cooked to perfection and the vegetables and potatoes that came along complimented the taste of the filet very well. I had the duck and it was soooooo good... I love duck and it was medium rare, I never really had it at a temperature but I let our waiter adam choose it for me since he was doing good so far with the drinks and appetizers. At the end we finished off with a pecan cake with vanilla bean ice cream on top. Oh Man... I thought i was going to be full already but it was oh so good...the texture of the cake and the ice cream together was to die for... My girlfriend absolutely loves that place and we will be going back again... many more times! I definitely recommend this place, I am not a food critic but I love to eat food =) and I will try anything once and this place deserves more than a one time visit...maybe more like going back to try something new every time until I've ate it all. Two Thumbs up!!

1 Thank Viyareth

Jacksonville, Florida
“1 Great Dinner, 1 dismal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went here 3 weeks ago and had a great dinner. So I took guests there last night and it was dismal--especially horrible service, ok (but not anything special) food. Am willing to pay their pricey prices but not for a mediocre evening

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Orange Park, Florida
“Fantastic Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Really enjoyed our food here. This place is a top place to eat in Jacksonville. We had a fish special and it was fantastic. Calamari was great and the wine selection was great as well. I highly recommend this place for dinner.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Good food , nice wine selections, service is good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We had reservations , but because of maybe the weather or just people thinking the restaurant was there own personal dining room , we had a wait.
Service for the most part was good , food was good , wine was very nice . So here comes the BUT , near the end of dinner , a jerk comes in bringing his big sloppy dog on a leash . At first I thought it was a service dog but usually they have their gear on . No this was some idiot going in to see a friend ( just for a bit ) I might add . Well the staff just looked on like it was a normal thing . If this is a regular habit of dogs being in the dining area I will def. not darken Orsays doors again. I love dogs but I prefer not to eat with them while I'm out to dinner . And if I could have reported them at the time I would have...

Chicago, IL
“Trendy but pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Tucked away in the Avondale neighborhood, this restaurant was trendy with its cement floor and minimalist decor. The portions were small for the price. The raw bar items were expensive. We paid over $50 for a dozen raw oysters.

Visited February 2013

Been to Restaurant Orsay? Share your experiences!