“Wonderful food and service. Thank you trip advisor.”
Review of Chowder Ted's

Chowder Ted's
Ranked #43 of 2,132 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed December 13, 2012

2 daughters, their husbands, my husband and I ate the night before leaving for a cruise on Dec. 7th. I had the fried shrimp, we tried the conch fritters for an appitizer, others had the grouper sandwich and chowder. Everything was perfectly prepared and served. We could not have hoped for a better begining of our time together on the cruise. If you cross the bridge, you passed it. Well worth turning around for...

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Crowded and fun. We enjoy Friday nights at ted's, most of the time we share a table with strangers and make new friends. The food is wonderful and the price is right. Give it a try but don't come if close quarters and friendly people aren't your style.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We travel between NJ and FL twice a year. We prefer to avoid fast food whenever possible. This time we tried Chowder Ed and it was delicious! It's a dumpy little place but a local favorite. I had the snapper sandwich with jalapeno slaw and my husband had the chowder and the fried clams. The sandwich had a perfectly fried LARGE piece of snapper and then it was covered with the slaw. The heat was noticeable but not over powering. The chowder came with two spoons just in case. It was a hearty fish chowder with big pieces of fish and clams. There were green olives in it too. The vegetables where chunky but not too big. The broth was amazing. The clam strips were large and tender. The breading was light and tasty. This place serves beer and wine. Cash only. We will stop back in the spring on our way North!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I've been eating here off and on for many years for lunch and have always enjoyed the food and hospitality of the staff. My favorites are the burger, tuna sandwich, and hot sub all with sides of fries and a sweet tea.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Look quick - or you'll miss it! My husband and I drove past the first time - but are sure glad we turned around and tried again. Wonderful little place - we've been twice, and the food is extraordinary, service is friendly, atmosphere is fun, food is very affordable. Very fresh seafood - the chowder is awesome, and the coconut shrimp the best I've ever had. Will go back every opportunity.

1  Thank Linda C

Been to Chowder Ted's? Share your experiences!