“DON'T GO”

German Schnitzel Haus
Ranked #340 of 1,995 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“DON'T GO”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Worst experience at a restaurant EVER!! I'd give it zero stars if I could. The food was delicious...up to the point when we found a ROACH cooked into our pizza. When we brought it to the attention of our waitress, a "manager" came out and said he'd comped the pizza, but still wanted us to pay for the rest of our meal (which we most certainly didn't finish). When we offered to simply pay for what we ate, the "manager" said that he couldn't comp the platter (which we didn't eat) because it was $18 and they had to make SOME money. After that, we refused to pay for anything and he argued with us for 10 minutes (and I'm not exaggerating that amount of time) that we had to still had to pay for the platter (and as anyone that has been in the customer service industry would know...you don't EVER argue with the customer). Even after asking when the owner would be in (to which we got "he travels to D.C. so he's never in") and saying that this would be posted on Yelp (his response, "well if thats what kind of people you are"), we left horribly disappointed and pissed. DO NOT GO HERE!!!! Horrible customer service...and worse, ROACHES...imagine what goes on that we don't happen to see!!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Bumblebeebop

Jacksonville, Florida
“Very Sad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were so excited to find a German Restaurant in Jacksonville after living in Huntsville Alabama
and loving the German food at Schnitzel Ranch. Sad to say but the hot German potato salad we asked for was boiled potato with a salad dressing over it. Staff could not speak German.

• Visited June 2013
“Disappointed visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was so excited that my husband found a German Restaurant in town to take me to for my birthday. Sadly we were both very disappointed, the German food ordered didn't taste like Akerman food at all. Beside that the first three things we ordered they were out of, the German sausage platter was advertised as 4 different sausages. There were four sausage but only 2 kinds, the taste was good according to my husband but not as advertised. We concluded our visit with the dessert we chose to celebrate was also sold out. We won't drive an hour to go to this restaurant again:-(

• Visited July 2013
Fleming Island, Florida
“Good Food, Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just visited yesterday evening with my husband. I am originally from Poland, and this is the only place in Jax where I can find a little bit of my own cuisine. To enjoy schnizel, you need to like German food, the same goes for potato pancakes, spatzle, rouladen, goulash...If you are from Europe, you will find this place more than adequate and to your liking. Beats going to an American chain restaurant any day! Desserts: apple strudel and chocolate cake- home made and both delicious! Again, have heard complaints from American people about this place, came to check it out for this very reason. If you are from Europe and used to thin pork, brat kartofeln, and spatzle, you will love this place.

• Visited June 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“The wait staff was the best thing they have going!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We would rate this restaurant as a "once in a lifetime visit"!

The salad was very good. The rest of our meal was quite bad.
The chicken was way over cooked, tough. They gave my husband a plate full of muschroom gravy with maybe 2 oz of cooked to death chicken pieces. The pork was way too tough, cooked to death. The sides had no taste, just generic. Very disappointing. I've been to a number of German restaurants throughout the years and this place was the worst ever.
The only good thing is that the waitresses were very sweet and personable and it was clean.
Sorry, but we cannot recommend this eatery to anyone.

• Visited May 2013