“would you like salt with that”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,996 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: J. Turner Butler Blvd.
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in St. Johns Town Center.
spain
“would you like salt with that”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

We went with without reservation and managed a table for two without much of a wait.
Good wine, excellent service and food all good except for the salt . Man way too salty,this was a shame as the steaks were perfect. I would not have a starter again and only one or two sides as they are big.
We would recommend but check the salt

• Visited December 2013

Jacksonville, FL
“Fabulous Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

The service and food here were excellent. Salads - awesome. Lobster mac and cheese - awesome. Steaks - incredible. We went here for my wife's birthday and the waitstaff were what made it. Signed notecard greeted us, complimentary dessert and champagne, and a framed picture at the end of our visit made it one of the most memorable dining experiences we've had. Great for special occasions!

Visited October 2013
Land O Lakes, Florida
“Good service poor food/ drink execution”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

First off I found an extremely long red hair in my drink. Then the appetizer my daughter and I was to share came out so overcooked that the chief, the expediter and the waitress all should have refused to have served it yet it somehow made it out to our table. The Prosciutto Wrapped Mozzarella was so charred it was uneatable. Then the second order was only a bit better as only two of the 5 wraps were "carbonized". From there it was downhill even with the entire staff (it seemed) coming to our table to apologize. The best thing of the entire night other then the comped dessert was getting up to leave the place.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank fldave
PALM COAST
“Great Meal and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

My wife and I had dinner on Saturday, 16 November at this Capital Grill after having great experiences at other Capital Grilles. This dinner was no better than you should expect of a restaurant of this caliber. My wife had chilean sea bass and I had the sole. Both were good, but not exceptional. We had a side order of roasted mushrooms, which was very good. However, my wife's sea bass came with mushrooms and the waiter should have picked up on that, as we should have. So, we had an overload of mushrooms. Our waiter was exceptional, Chris Elliott, and it made the evening a little more special. Except for missing the mushroom overload, he was great and I would ask for him in a subsequent visit. He packaged my wife's uneaten sea bass and mushrooms for us to take with us.

The wine list is good, not exceptional, with many high end priced wines and they would be well served to include more wines in the less than $50 price range. I am retired and enjoy good wine, but at a reasonable price. I rate their wine prices to be 20% higher than other restaurants of the same caliber.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank JOSEPH L
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good service, steak consistency varies, environment too business ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner there 6-8,times over the past few years. 3 years ago, it was good. Then, steak became inconsistent. There's a huge difference between medium-rare and medium-well. Their dry-aged steaks were really good and lately I wish I could just buy the steak and cook it at home myself. Service is obviously geared more towards business folks. I would not take wife there for a special occasion anymore (used to be the case). For $200 dinner for two people, I'd go elsewhere in town (perhaps even support local businesses and have extra cash left over to help those in need).