“Delicious Food, Great Drinks”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,013 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: J. Turner Butler Blvd.
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in St. Johns Town Center.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Delicious Food, Great Drinks”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This place is a chain, but its consistent and the food is good. Great to take business relationships for dinner and/or drinks, atmosphere is primed for date night. low lighting, jazz in the background. Order anything, its all great. Try a cocktail here, they're really good.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Meghan L

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Excellent service, excellent food”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I casually mentioned to the bartender that it was our anniversary. By the time we were seated at the table, they had laid out a bunch of hearts, single red rose, and a card. The waiter, Adam P, was very good and very friendly. The bone in delmonico rib eye was excellent. Overall, we dine out quite frequently and this experience was near the top in both the quality of the food and the quality of the service.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Dean M
Georgia
“Check your tab very closely.”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had forgotten my reading glasses, and the waitress efficiently provided one so I could read the menu. The service was excellent and the food quality excellent. But we had $100 in gift certificates to soften the blow of the prices in this upscale restaurant.Fortunately, when the waitress came with the check and told us the gift card credit had already been figured on the tab, I asked my wife the total (having surrendered the reading glasses earlier). It was such a high amount that I questioned it when the waitress returned, but gave my credit card to her when she reassured us the credit had been given, even though it was not shown on the bill. By the time she returned with the credit card and charge slips, we had out the cell phone adding up the charges and I was not ready to sign the charge slip. She came back a minute later to say the cashier had not actually given us the credit, and the first charge slip would be voided and another one issued. The revised bill showed the credit and we saved a hundred dollars. I don't know how anyone other than the restaurant itself would profit from such an error, but this detracted significantly from our experience here.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Charlie S
Jacksonville, Florida
“Over Priced and Just "okay" Food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great Atmosphere but after two visits I just think the food is average but the price-tag is $$$$. It's just not my pick for dropping that much cash. I would never go there again unless it's a corporate event I'm not paying for.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank jasonf1975
“Extremely disappointed!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The waiter was rude and unprofessional. The food was extremely over priced and not very tasty. The atmosphere was fine, but couldn't make up for the bland and ill prepared food and the rude wait staff. Extremely disappointed with this dining experience.

• Visited August 2012