“Great idea terrible management”

WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East
Ranked #93 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My partner and I were waiting for our house to close and needed a short term lease. When we heard about Value Place we went to the website and thought it was perfect for us. The grounds are clean and well lite and the checkin went smoothly. The room was fine ( very clean except for the towels they were dingy and really scratchy). The next day my key wouldn't work so I told the woman at the front desk and her attitude was as if I did something wrong. She gave me all the reasons why my key doesn't work. Frankly, i don't care just give me the key, if keys have a magnetic problem then explain that in the volume of paperwork you are required to fill out when you check in.
The next week my husband went to pay the rent for the following week and there was a line at the counter. My husband over heard this woman behind the desk literally yelling at a guest!! Feeling alittle uncomfortable he started to head for the door and was almost attacked by this woman when she asked him point blank" who are you and where are you going?" He said that he was a guest at the hotel and was waiting to pay his rent and that he would be back later. She told him the rent was "due now". He paid his rent and told her " that perhaps she should lighten up alittle" . A minor argument started between her and my husband... needless to say we checked out within the next few days after finding another short term stay hotel. We later found out that this woman was the hotel Manager!! Even though we lost our money for the extra week it was worth it for peace of mind. I think the idea of short term stay is great, but this company needs to look at the management of this place and ask themselves...is this anyway to treat a PAYING GUEST??

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gretanyc10021
Kirk H, Owner at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

We listen to our guest and we made significant management changes. The property is in great shape and we are getting our former guests back. Please give us another look - we assure that you will be pleased.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

change your staff,one lady in particular who works the day shift and get off at 6pm. plus your hidden fees!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business