“Clean, Affordable,Great Location!!!”

WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East
Ranked #85 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Clean, Affordable,Great Location!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I stayed here at Value Place Merrill rd. last year about 5 mo.for the first time and it was a great stay then, and again now I am back due to work and we already knew we were coming straight here again. The management is wonderful, and will go above and beyond to make your stay very comfortable, the exterior as well as the interior was always clean and fresh, and smelled great. The location is excellent for where I have to go for work. I work for a large company and last year, as well as this year, and I brought others here to stay. I really appreciate the help and support and care given with any and all requests I had, from the management. Thank You, Buffie Repass

Room Tip: Bottom 2 levels are smoke free.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
We thank you again for your kind remarks. We are so happy to have you staying with us again.

Welcome back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Nice, clean and safe place to stay.....only bad thing is the beds are like rocks so you will need a topper

Room Tip: Bring a MATTRESS TOPPER... The rooms are fine ....1st and 2nd floors are non smoking 3rd and 4th are...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
We appreciate your comments and loyality to the Value Place brand. We are extremely proud of our JAX property and our management team at Merril RD & 9A. Er do everything we can to keep our guests comfortable and happy. We look forward to your return. Happy travels.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at Value Place, Jacksonville. Management and staff here at Value Place (VP) have treated me very good. My room and hallways were superbly maintained. My job requires me to work in 12 States and 48 different cities, and I always stay at Value Place Hotels when there is a location in town. Therefore, I know a thing or two about Value Place Hotels, and this particular VP is one of the best. Parking space is large, the grounds and laundry room are well kept. I have had an enjoyable experience during my last stay at this Value Place Hotel. The price is right. The price for the accommodation is very reasonable. I will gladly stay here again during my next work assignment in Jacksonville, Florida. Bere' K

Room Tip: No business center but management will make copies for you and will fax documents for you as well.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Beresford K
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
It is our sincere pleasure to serve you while you are here on business in JAX. We have a great property and staff and we look forward to your return.

Thank you very much for your kind review.
Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Needed a place for an extended stay and found Value Place on line. What they offered was well above the "other places". Management, in the past, had some serious public relations problems, but new management is in place and they will bust their back to make it right for you. The facility is located in a quiet area and the security is second to none. They have staying there down to a science. The rooms are large and extremely well kept. The grounds are clean and kept that way. The front desk personnel and staff are friendly and extremely helpful if you have a question. I highly recommend you consider staying here, if the need arises for you. They do set some strict rules, but in the long run, it's for everyone's well being and there's nothing too difficult to live with. File this facility under "Highly Recommended".

Room Tip: They're converting all rooms to non-smoking, but there are designated areas outside the building...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
What a great review - thank you. We are exceptionally proud of our Jacksonville hotel and our management team. Jacksonville is a great city - it has so much to offer. We look forward to your return.
Lakeland ga
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I read some of the reviews for this extended stay hotel and several had complaints concerning management being rude. My experience has been excellent every employee has gone out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. I questioned them concerning the reviews and was told that last year management changed. Sounds like the right moves were made because we are very happy with the service we have received.

Room Tip: Long stay very comfortable
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Kirk H, Director of Sales at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We couldn't be happier with our new management team in Jacksonville. We appreciate you staying with us.
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I actually have been in Jacksonville, for work for the past few months. I tried the Quality Inn and the Microtel before I came to Value Place on Merrill rd. The rooms were bigger than both pricier hotels, for less money a month. The place is kept extremely clean, they have a large laundry facility, and are located in a quiet area, yet the local grocery store is less than a half of a mile away. The service at the front desk is the best part because I have been here two months and have seen people stay for one week and they treat us all with the same hospitable compassion. The other plus is that they run a sex offender background check on their guest and when my sister in law who is 14 came for a 2 week visit for the summer it was a relief to know that she was in a place that actually made an effort to help keep her protected. I would recommend Value Place on Merrill rd. to everyone who is looking for a relaxing stress free place to stay. Buffie, from Norfolk, Va.

Room Tip: The rooms are extra large with a good size bathroom, and kitchen with full refrigerator.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank buffie H
HMacGillis, Owner at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Buffie - We really appreciate your review and your staying with us. Keeping our guests safe and confortable is our main goal and background checks is one of the ways we make sure you and the other guests are safe and secure. We thank you for all the refferals and thank you for your comments.

Value Place Jacksonville at 9A and Merrill Rd
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My partner and I were waiting for our house to close and needed a short term lease. When we heard about Value Place we went to the website and thought it was perfect for us. The grounds are clean and well lite and the checkin went smoothly. The room was fine ( very clean except for the towels they were dingy and really scratchy). The next day my key wouldn't work so I told the woman at the front desk and her attitude was as if I did something wrong. She gave me all the reasons why my key doesn't work. Frankly, i don't care just give me the key, if keys have a magnetic problem then explain that in the volume of paperwork you are required to fill out when you check in.
The next week my husband went to pay the rent for the following week and there was a line at the counter. My husband over heard this woman behind the desk literally yelling at a guest!! Feeling alittle uncomfortable he started to head for the door and was almost attacked by this woman when she asked him point blank" who are you and where are you going?" He said that he was a guest at the hotel and was waiting to pay his rent and that he would be back later. She told him the rent was "due now". He paid his rent and told her " that perhaps she should lighten up alittle" . A minor argument started between her and my husband... needless to say we checked out within the next few days after finding another short term stay hotel. We later found out that this woman was the hotel Manager!! Even though we lost our money for the extra week it was worth it for peace of mind. I think the idea of short term stay is great, but this company needs to look at the management of this place and ask themselves...is this anyway to treat a PAYING GUEST??

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank gretanyc10021
Kirk H, Owner at WoodSpring Suites Jacksonville I-295 East, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
We listen to our guest and we made significant management changes. The property is in great shape and we are getting our former guests back. Please give us another look - we assure that you will be pleased.