“One night stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee
Ranked #47 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to west palm beach. The hotel was about five miles off I-95 South. We chose this hotel because they only charge 5,000 points for a free room with the holiday inn points club. Hotel and pool where clean and nice. The breakfeast was the typical hot breakfeast with egg, sausage, bagels, waffels, etc. The only negative was the $30.00 a night pet fee.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jacqulyne B

Reviewed June 1, 2012

loved our stay here. the hubby was working here for over a week, so me & the kids tagged along for a jacksonville, fl vacation. breakfast was average, but free! housekeeping was very nice & did their job well. loved staying here, very clean hotel, and anything we needed, they helped us get it! definitely coming back!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tiffany D
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I booked a room in this hotel for 4 nights (May 19-23, 2012) with my sister and brother-in-law to attend the funeral services of a relative. The location of this shotel is ideal due to accessibility from the freeway and proximity to the church where the wakes and services were held. We checked in late 7PM on the first day/night of May 19th and nothing happened. It was on the second day/night (May 20) that theft happened when a pair of shoes were stolen from our room. The room wasn't cleaned that day and privacy sign was up so no one was supposed to be in the room. Also we told the cleaner we met in the hallway not to clean our room that morning. We came back to our room late afternoon to change and left again after 5PM for the wake service and never came back until around 11PM that night. It was the next morning we discovered that the shoes were missing. The missing pair were not brand new slightly used. There were other newer pairs of shoes next to it but the thief took a particular liking to that pair of shoes. She or he must have been eyeing them earlier. We reported this theft to the front desk at 2 separate times. On the first time, the lady wrote it down in their logbook. On the second time we reported, we were already checking out from the hotel the morning of May 23rd. The front desk lady promised to report to their Management somewhere. I would like to warn future guests of this hotel to watch out not just their valuables but also their shoes. I wonder if there were other similar incidents in the past in that hotel that we never knew or warned. Thanks for reading.
NNB

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NBaker60950
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Dear NBaker60950,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have enjoyed my stay in this hotel quite a few times this spring. I work for a company called Machinex and I want to congratulate Jennifer for her quick and timely response as customer service rep to my team of co-workers and I.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Startup2121
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Excellent place to stay; good location and very clean place. Entire staff was courteous and helpful; manager's reception was good touch - great food. Cracker Barrel is within walking distance. Will stay here when traveling in area again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bnc12
Reviewed March 15, 2012

This HI Express is one of the best ones we have stayed at - very good location w/grocery store, fast foods, Cracker Barrel, gas stations etc within walking or short driving distance - would have been nice to have bananas available w/breakfast. Staff very accommodating and room outstanding with wonderful view overlooking a pond - only drawback was bad Wi Fi connection in room (none) and there was a loose faucet in sink next to microwave which I thought could have been fixed - we told mgr. the night of arrival - or at least a note saying it would be looked at later -makes me wonder if it will !! Overall, I was very impressed and would recommend it and stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south? side on second floor or further up that overlooks the pond.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sthodge
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I picked this Holiday Inn Express because we were traveling south on I-95 and I wanted to get beyond Jacksonville, so that we didn't have to drive around the city in morning traffic. When we arrived the desk staff was pleasant enough, but the interior tile hall was dirty, the elevator floor was dirty, and the hallway upstairs was unvacuumed. The room and bath were very average for HI, it was a weekday, and it seemed as though there were a lot of tradesmen who must be working on something nearby using the hotel. IN the mo9rning there was a maid mopping hte floors and the elevator with some sort of amonia solution that was so strong you had to hold your breath in the elevator for the ride down. The floors were still not clean after she was finished! The hotel laundry (in house) on the forst floor has dryer vents that empty out onto the sidewalk at the side entrance and there were gobs of lint stuck in the vents and all over the sidewalk. Breakfast was the usual HI fare, okay. I was just really non-plussed by the whole aura of the place. There are several other chain hotels at this exit, and I would chose on of them next time even though I am a HI Priority Club member.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JGinA2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

JGinA2,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Jacksonville.

Ben J
IHG Care

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville
Best Western Plus Cecil Field Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville West/Chaffee Point
Hampton Inn Jacksonville I-10 West
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville W - I295 & I10
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jac...
#75 of 133 in Jacksonville
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
#1 of 2 in Baldwin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee? Share your experiences!