“Great Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee
Ranked #49 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have enjoyed my stay in this hotel quite a few times this spring. I work for a company called Machinex and I want to congratulate Jennifer for her quick and timely response as customer service rep to my team of co-workers and I.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Startup2121

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Excellent place to stay; good location and very clean place. Entire staff was courteous and helpful; manager's reception was good touch - great food. Cracker Barrel is within walking distance. Will stay here when traveling in area again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bnc12
Reviewed March 15, 2012

This HI Express is one of the best ones we have stayed at - very good location w/grocery store, fast foods, Cracker Barrel, gas stations etc within walking or short driving distance - would have been nice to have bananas available w/breakfast. Staff very accommodating and room outstanding with wonderful view overlooking a pond - only drawback was bad Wi Fi connection in room (none) and there was a loose faucet in sink next to microwave which I thought could have been fixed - we told mgr. the night of arrival - or at least a note saying it would be looked at later -makes me wonder if it will !! Overall, I was very impressed and would recommend it and stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south? side on second floor or further up that overlooks the pond.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sthodge
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I picked this Holiday Inn Express because we were traveling south on I-95 and I wanted to get beyond Jacksonville, so that we didn't have to drive around the city in morning traffic. When we arrived the desk staff was pleasant enough, but the interior tile hall was dirty, the elevator floor was dirty, and the hallway upstairs was unvacuumed. The room and bath were very average for HI, it was a weekday, and it seemed as though there were a lot of tradesmen who must be working on something nearby using the hotel. IN the mo9rning there was a maid mopping hte floors and the elevator with some sort of amonia solution that was so strong you had to hold your breath in the elevator for the ride down. The floors were still not clean after she was finished! The hotel laundry (in house) on the forst floor has dryer vents that empty out onto the sidewalk at the side entrance and there were gobs of lint stuck in the vents and all over the sidewalk. Breakfast was the usual HI fare, okay. I was just really non-plussed by the whole aura of the place. There are several other chain hotels at this exit, and I would chose on of them next time even though I am a HI Priority Club member.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JGinA2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chaffee, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

JGinA2,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Jacksonville.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed January 25, 2012

My husband and I spent one night there on Christmas Eve and our car window was smashed in and everything inside was stolen in their parking lot. At first the desk clerk told the police they didn't know if the security cameras were working. Then they said they would get them to the police as soon as possible, the police tried on 4 different dates to get the video of the crime but finally was told the cameras record over after two weeks and all information was lost. Thanks Holiday Inn for having my best interest at heart and securing evidence of a crime on your property.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 2210kelly
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The facilities here are fairly average, but my room was a double-queen with a suite-like sitting area with sink and microwave. Super comfy bed too! The free continental breakfast is the typical fare, nothing to cheer about, but it's free after all.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I had a room near the guest laundry on the 4th floor. The smell coming from the laundry polluted the hallway and then my room whenever I would run the bathroom exhaust.
The wireless network was very slow at times.
However the sausage gravy and biscuits and the cinnamon rolls served at breakfast were great, as was the breakfast hostess!

Room Tip: The Fairmont next door is highly rated...,
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business