Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West
Ranked #57 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I had a great time at this hotel. The staff was very pleasant, and attended to all my needs. There is a funny smell in the lobby, but the the hotel was just as nice overall. The pool could have ben better, but the location is nice and quite.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi room was well worth the price. Pam was really helpful at the front desk.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review and bringing to our attention the scent in the lobby area. My maintenance team will look into this further.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed here about 6 months ago (see review), but in the meantime, it looked like they hadn't done anything to keep it up. The 1st thing you notice is the stench of BODY ODER right at the front door!!! I was there for about 18 hours and the smell never went away, so I am assuming it's there all the time. That was a bad sign. They also let the smokers hang out too close to the front door, which does not bode well for the smell either. Had trouble with the temperature control. It ran all night, but that isn't a big deal. Breakfast was OK. Only 1 night, so don't know if they change it up or not

Room Tip: East side faces sun, and shades don't cover well. West side has train noises. Tough call
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your insight regarding your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that you found many faults during your stay. I hope that you can allow us to regain your business. As you can see from our previous reviews we have scored highly in all areas you mention. Again thank you for your comments as we take all our reviews seriously.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Off Rte. 295, we spent 3 nts. Nothing really close, but still only half hour to JAX beach area, so doable for us. Not much except fast food in immediate area. Bedroom and bathroom were both clean and roomy. Breakfast had hot and cold choices. Lots of ducks nearby. Was a bit noisy in room on interstate side; might want to ask for middle room.

Room Tip: Try for room away from Rte. 295 side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I appreciate you finding our hotel and guest suite exactly to your liking. Thank you for your business and hope to see you back during your travels to Jacksonville.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were traveling and hadn't made any reservations. We were planning to meet some people later in the evening and started looking for a place to stay on the west side of Jacksonville around 5pm on a Saturday evening. We didn't expect any problems, but after three tries at places that didn't have any "room at the inn" we were referred to the Country Inn and Suites. The room was immaculate, the quality of the sheets was very high (that makes a difference), and even the amenities in the bathroom were high quality... and were there. Too often today, even at more expensive places there are no bathroom amenities. The room was large with a desk, king bed, soft sitting chair... conventional, but very comfortable.

To me, one of the highlights was the bedside light... there was enough light to read by... a rare experience. The room was very quiet and we knew the hotel was fairly full. The morning breakfast was served in a very clean room with plenty of seating and someone who cleaned tables as soon as a group left so that there was rarely a wait. Breakfast was hot! Hot eggs, hot sausages, hot potatoes... along with the usual pastries and cereals.... Nothing much besides the hotels in the area, but we would go back to the hotel because of our experience.

Room Tip: There is a stairway from the main lobby to the second floor right at the registration desk... if tha...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear guest,

I am flattered by your kinda words! It is always motivating for myself and my Country Inn & Suites team to hear comments such as yours. Our free hot and cold rotating breakfast menu seems to be a big hit with the many guests we serve. I also am happy to see you found your guest suite to be large, clean, and exactly to your liking! I would like to invite you back during your next visit to Jacksonville. Thanks again.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Apparently we hit this area of Jacksonville at a point in time where there was a MAJOR event filling nearly all motel rooms.
After being turned away from 5 other motels, we happened on Country Inn & Suites, and had NO problem getting a room.
This is a VERY nice motel, and our room was large, clean, quiet, modern and comfortable.
Wi-Fi service was excellent.
The only downside was, like so many other motels, Country Inn & Suites has gone to air-filled, postage-stamp-sized pillows that are totally worthless for getting a comfortable night's sleep.
BRING YOUR OWN PILLOWS!

The Continental breakfast was fresh, hot and delicious.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your perfect 5 Star review. I am happy that we were able to accommodate your family at our hotel. I also appreciate you recognizing our guest suite as being large, clean, and quiet. I do apologize that you were not able to find our pillows comfortable. I am not sure if you were informed by the front desk but we do offer two types of pillows upon request. Thank you again for taking the time out to post a review we appreciate all of your kinds comments.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was GREAT! Pam made us feel at home the minute we walked in the door. She gave us an overview of the hotel, as well as a list of local restaurants which we requested. Our room was clean and updated. Next time we are in the Jacksonville area, I will not hesitate to stay at this County Inn & Suites again. THANKS PAM!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for Rating your hotel stay great, clean, and updated. Pam is definitely warm and welcoming to every guest that comes through our front doors. She has also earned our team/hotel wonderful reviews. We appreciate all your kind words and are eager to see you back soon! Thank you for your business and again look forward to seeing you when in the Jacksonville area.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Pam was very nice and helpful. The hotel was very nice and clean. I wish I did not have to leave! The breakfast was awesome. It was deal an overall good deal for the price I paid. I really utilized everything there from the business center to do a little homework to the fitness center. When we first walked in, all I could smell was chocolate chip cookies baking. Very inviting!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for recognizing Pam being nice and helpful! I am glad you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel and hope to see you back soon!!

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future!