“Decent but be ready for trains”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West
Ranked #58 of 133 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is a decent motel, but there are 2 things to be aware of:

1. It is hard to find in the dark, as it is not actually on Commonwealth, but rather an alley access behind the Comfort Suites. Look for that instead

2. It is close to the train tracks, so beware that you may need some white noise to cancel that out

Room Tip: Probably try to get one on the east side, as the west side is closest to train tracks
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and pointing out our location which is offset from Commonwealth. We also try to mention to many of the guests that we are located behind the Wendy's Restaurant. I am glad you were able to find us!! Thank you for your business and hope to see you back soon!

Country Inns & Suites - Jacksonville West

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was a last minute reservation - just a few days before check in. We got a suite with separate bedroom (w/ two queen beds). Check-in & check-out was quick and worry-free and staff was very friendly.

Room & Rate was comparable - We had two teenage boys who slept in the room and my husband & I took an air mattress and slept on the hide-a-bed in the sofa. (Those are NEVER comfortable; so we planned ahead). I wouldn't try to use this room for more than 4 or 5 people - it's larger than a regular room, but the "living room" area is small. BUT there are t.v.'s in both rooms & high speed internet. We used Wi-Fi instead of the hook-up for the internet. It was a little slow, but we were pleased that it even worked.

The complimentary breakfast was "doable". They served waffles, eggs, potatoes (they called it a "casserole" but it was just red potatoes with seasoning), sausage, oatmeal, fruit, bagels/muffins, etc.

There aren't many restaurants around - but you are within a few minutes of driving to Orange Park or other areas of Jacksonville, and there are several there.

We would definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

TheSaylors2004,

Thank you for your wonderful comments in regards to our staff and overall facility. I will be sure to share this with staff members!

Country Inns & Suites - Jacksonville West

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We have visited dozens of country inns and some are unfortunately worse than others. We were in Rm 204 and had several carpet stains, the office chair seat was cracked and unable to adjust. I like curried food in a restaurant but I don't think the hallways should smell of it. It was not a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 102traveller102
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear guest,

I apologize that our hotel did not exceed your expectations. I will use the information provided by you to see how we can improve the areas you have mentioned. Please feel free to reach out to me at (904) 786-0388.

Respectfully,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had to visit Jacksonville to work on some property, and needed a hotel close to where I was working for a couple of weeks. Country Inn met my needs. The staff were exceptionally courteous, and even took the time to enroll me in a rewards program. Food was good (hot breakfast every morning), pool was clean, maid service was fine. Pool was even equipped for special needs folks. This area is a little off the beaten track, but with the highway system in Jacksonville, you are only 15-20 minutes away from anything. I stayed at a Best Western by the airport my first night in town, and I won't go back there again. Its 15 minutes to the airport from Country Inn. Close to some good eateries, with some fast food joints within a 5 min walk.

Highly recommended if you staying in Jacksonville.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
RegionalManagerSE, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review!! I will be sharing these wonderful words with all of my staff. It was a pleasure having you during your stay.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very clean rooms and great service. I look for a comfortable bed and great internet service at any hotel I visit, this hotel had very comfortable bed and great internet connectivity. This hotel also had great breakfast, gym, and swimming pool. It was also conveniently located near many attraction we wanted to visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We used this hotel as a stopover on our way to Pensacola. It was very comfortable and very clean, as well as a great location just off the interstate. My only issue as with breakfast. The full breakfast was great if you are carb nut - I would like to have seen some fruit or some choices other than breads and fats. But this will not stop me from using this hotel again if we are traveling that way again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review!!

I also appreciate the heads up on our breakfast menu selection. I will be certain to review and update our menu according to corporate guidelines. On your next visit we hope that you can enjoy our newly renovated breakfast room as we are in the final phase of remodel.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at this property on our way to st. Augustine. We never stayed at Country inn before normally we stay at choice hotels. This was our first and we throughly enjoyed it. The employeea were very hospitable and the rooms were clean. Very surprised.

• Stayed: August 2013