WINNER WONDERLAND

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West
Ranked #45 of 134 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
ocala
“Love the Hotel I will be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Everyone was great .Front desk was very helpful I was having trouble with the air and Virginia at front-desk came right upstairs to help fix the problem. Room was very clean everything was up to date. The GM was very friendly and helpful. I will be back this will be my home away from home when I come to Jacksonville. Good job to all the staff at this location .I love this Country.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Carolyn P,

Thank you for the wonderful comments! It was a pleasure having you at our hotel! We hope to see you on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Kapil Bava & Staff
Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Helen, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

First of all this hotel is not in the most scenic of areas. You can walk to a Burger King. The lobby is up to date along with a high cathedral ceiling. The first room we went to the bathroom ceiling was in repair. It was not finished with a job that obviously maintenance was working on. We requested another room. Front desk, Virgi*** was very, very pleasant. She was READY to make sure our stay was good for us. The second room was nice. Up to date flatscreens. The mattresses were pretty firm. The furniture up to date. I loved the granite in the bathroom along with the granite in the shower stall. I had never seen that before. Mirrors were up to date. You can tell that much thought had been put into the overall rooms. The towels are actually white. Not very good water pressure.

Major problem was the sheets. Hair in the sheets...lots of it. I called front desk and while he did offer to redo the bed for us, he did bring us another set of sheets. The sheets that he brought us ALSO had hair in the sheets. I had originally thought this was a housekeeping issue, I had originally thought that housekeeping just "popped" the sheets by not changing the sheets from the previous guest, but it seems to go beyond that. I guarantee housekeeping does not have the time to take a magnifying glass to scope for hair on the beds that they do, they shouldnt have to do that. Either there are washing machine issues or the person folding the linen is not qualifying the linens. All the hair was disgusting, as it ranged from what appeared to be pet hair to pubic hair.

Also, the person who came to replace the linen did not dress as if he worked for hotel. Maybe he was owner or owner family. A uniform code would have been nice. As no uniforms are worn. Which takes away from taking anyone seriously. Also, many of the reviews for this hotel are negative. Possibly due to some simple training issues and maybe getting your rooms qualified. If there are certain rooms that have "special" issues, then either these rooms should not be rented out to guest or sold last or honestly inform the guest and provide a small discount due to anything in a room that is an issue. Also, as far as customer service goes, who wants to be talked to rudely. And no, the customer is NOT always right. However, alot of headaches can be avoided when graciousness is used in our tone while being firm and direct. Anytime, we go outside of the line, we leave ourselves "wide" open.

Overall, due to the "plethora" of hair, I will not be back to this hotel. But it seems that if these minor issues are taken care of, then this could be a four star property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Aspertame
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We have had no hair issues prior to or after this guest at our hotel.

Country Inn and Suites
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, I work out of town often and am consistently looking for a good place to stay where I can park my truck's.
This hotel has a very good parking lot for trucks of all sizes, they also have security cameras on the parking lot.
All of the stuff that I came in contact with were pleasant and accommodating, they even let me bring my insulated cup in to fill with coffee!

Great place for the business traveler.

Win.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank TopTowerDog
Savannah, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We spent a week traveling in Florida, and this was the best nights sleep of the trip. Very comfortable beds. The staff was very friendly and helpful, very polite. The room was very clean and everything worked. While awake you could occassionally hear a train in the distance, but it was never loud enough that it woke us. Great Stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluepelican
RegionalManagerSE, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments!! I will be sure to share your these with our staff! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

By far the worst experience we have ever had at a Country Inn. Rude, no hateful management. Poor customer service, room was not clean...still had trash in trash can from the last visitor. Never again at this location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

I regret the experience was not up to your expectations. I will definitely be in touch with our housekeeping department to see why there was an oversight on the trash receptacle. I would like to know about any other issues you had during your stay so that I am able to address them accurately with our staff. Please feel free to contact me to discuss. I will assure you this will not happen again and invite you to come back on your next visit.

Country Inn & Suites - Jacksonville, FL
Bedford, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel was not the best Country Inn And Suites that we have ever stayed at. The room was not very clean and had some problems. The sink drained slow, dirt on the walls, curtains that were coming down and sheets and a blanket that were not in good shape. I think that they have really let this place go. Front desk was very friendly and breakfast was ok.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We apologize for the experience you had during your stay at our hotel. We have addressed your concerns regarding the condition of the hotel, and we will be taking the necessary steps to correct these problems as soon as possible. We appreciate your feedback, if you have further comments please contact us at 1-800-967-9182.
Brewster, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Desk personnel gave us more expensive room without informing us about it and when we complained about it to the manager he denied it. Our room was facing highway and it was unfortunately very noisy. We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers are facing highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hana N
RegionalManagerSE, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear guest,

I am sincerely apologetic that we did not have any standard rooms (less expensive) rooms available when you arrived at our hotel. As a "walk-in" we do not offer rates for room types that have already been sold out. The rates that are offered are room types that we have available in inventory for the particular date of stay. In this case the suite rate was quoted and offered based on the availability for the particular day/stay. To ensure that you will be able to secure the best rates available it is necessary to make reservations ahead of time to ensure the best price + availability for our standard room type are available to you. I hope that we can regain your business in the future and please contact me anytime to make reservations.

Respectfully,