First of all this hotel is not in the most scenic of areas. You can walk to a Burger King. The lobby is up to date along with a high cathedral ceiling. The first room we went to the bathroom ceiling was in repair. It was not finished with a job that obviously maintenance was working on. We requested another room. Front desk, Virgi*** was very, very pleasant. She was READY to make sure our stay was good for us. The second room was nice. Up to date flatscreens. The mattresses were pretty firm. The furniture up to date. I loved the granite in the bathroom along with the granite in the shower stall. I had never seen that before. Mirrors were up to date. You can tell that much thought had been put into the overall rooms. The towels are actually white. Not very good water pressure.
Major problem was the sheets. Hair in the sheets...lots of it. I called front desk and while he did offer to redo the bed for us, he did bring us another set of sheets. The sheets that he brought us ALSO had hair in the sheets. I had originally thought this was a housekeeping issue, I had originally thought that housekeeping just "popped" the sheets by not changing the sheets from the previous guest, but it seems to go beyond that. I guarantee housekeeping does not have the time to take a magnifying glass to scope for hair on the beds that they do, they shouldnt have to do that. Either there are washing machine issues or the person folding the linen is not qualifying the linens. All the hair was disgusting, as it ranged from what appeared to be pet hair to pubic hair.
Also, the person who came to replace the linen did not dress as if he worked for hotel. Maybe he was owner or owner family. A uniform code would have been nice. As no uniforms are worn. Which takes away from taking anyone seriously. Also, many of the reviews for this hotel are negative. Possibly due to some simple training issues and maybe getting your rooms qualified. If there are certain rooms that have "special" issues, then either these rooms should not be rented out to guest or sold last or honestly inform the guest and provide a small discount due to anything in a room that is an issue. Also, as far as customer service goes, who wants to be talked to rudely. And no, the customer is NOT always right. However, alot of headaches can be avoided when graciousness is used in our tone while being firm and direct. Anytime, we go outside of the line, we leave ourselves "wide" open.
Overall, due to the "plethora" of hair, I will not be back to this hotel. But it seems that if these minor issues are taken care of, then this could be a four star property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newest Country Inn & Suites located in Jacksonville, FL. The hotel is located off I295, Exit 22 behind Wendy's Restaurant. The hotel offers Standard, Studios, and Suites available in King or Two Queen Bed configurations. Enjoy a hot breakfast with a rotational menu. The hotel offers many amenities including fitness center, outdoor swimming pool, free Wi-Fi, 24 hr coffee bar and freshly baked cookies. All rooms offer mini-fridge, microwave, coffee makers, iron/ironing board and 32" LCD TVs. Upgrade to our suite and enjoy total privacy to the living room area. Suites also include a pull out sofa bed with a TV in the bedroom area as well as the living room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jacksonville West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Jacksonville West Hotel Jacksonville
- Country Inn And Suites Jacksonville West
- Jacksonville Country Inn