“Vegetarian Friendly”
Review of Green Papaya

Green Papaya
Ranked #13 of 2,029 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Nashville Ga
“Vegetarian Friendly”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Was in town with my husband who was on business. He has eaten here a few times. I being a vegetarian am aways a little concerned if i can find a good restaurant who will accommodate my food needs. . To my surprise they were very happy to accommodate me. The veggie spring rolls were amazing and not greasy. The Tofu lettuce wraps were quite yummy and the food presentation was spot on. This restaurant is SUPER clean. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. Prices were right on for the location . This will not be my only visit . Now I know what my husband has been raving about.. Stop in soon you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“fresh food”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

The ingredients seemed fresh as possible and were seasoned just right. The wait staff were friendly and efficient.

• Visited May 2014
GA
“So fresh!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Their menu is a joy to read and the food is wonderful!! If you want a better Asian dining experience, this is the place. Not to mention you can walk off the meal with nice shopping options at River City Marketplace.

Visited May 2014
Jacksonville Florida
“Hidden Pearl Near the Airport”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

In a strip mall near the airport lies a small restaurant from the outside really nothing special but like the pearl in the oyster its what is inside that counts. Some of the best asian food I have ever had and I have been around the world many times. The service is attentive but not overbearing and they seem to enjoy making people happy.
So if you are coming to or going to the airport or your just looking for some good food you really should give them a try it may not be 5 star but neither are the prices you can find better atmosphere but you wont find better service or food quality in Jacksonville.

• Visited April 2014
Amelia Island, Florida
“Hidden Pan-Asian Gem”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The River City shopping complex off I-95 and near the Jacksville airport has several restaurant rows with the usual suspects (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Outback, etc.) set-off but near each other. If you don't know about the Green Paypaya Pan-Asian restaurant, you are unlikely to notice it in the middle of a nondescript strip of stores in the back part of the mall. You would be missing quite something. Here's why?

* Excellent food: We had the the giant Ginger Salad ($7 --House mixed green vegetables, lettuce, Bermuda onion, decorative tomatoes with ginger house dressing) , the Pineapple Chicken (@ $13 with Chicken breast stir fried with pineapple, snow peas, carrots, baby corn in the pineapple sauce), and Hot Pepper Chicken ($15 with Peppers, onions, fresh mushrooms, eggplant, sweet basil, in Thai hot pepper sauce. You can order your heat from 1 to 5 and it's at Thai levels at 4 or 5 (they don't wimp it down for Americans if you ask for it hot). Large portions meant we got another meal at home. BTW, the salad can be ordered with chicken, seafood etc and could be a meal by itself.

* Presentation: Apologies for not having my camera phone with me but the Pineapple Chicken was so beautiful, you want to just stare at it. Everything else was of high presentation value including the salad and the sides of rice. These guys are good!

* Drinks: Not an extensive wine or beer list but choices are solid and at reasonable prices of $6 or $7 for a glass of wine ($5 for a glass of house wine) and $4 for a European or Asian beer.

* Service: I can only comment about our particular server but the "Chai" was someone special. Attentive, helpful and with a quick and shall I say wicked-funny sense of humor. She made the meal even better.

* Atmosphere: Nothing special but more than acceptable. Our only complaint was the A/C was on too high but that's us. The other diners, all in short-sleeved shirts, seemed happy.

Reservations can be made which we did because we wanted to assure a table after a movie but we don't have enough info to know how busy it gets. We were in by 6:15 pm and the place seemed to stay about 1/2 full.

We never would have noticed or tried the Green Papaya without Trip Advisor reviews. The power of crowd-sourcing finds another excellent restaurant.

• Visited May 2014